Based in Dallas, Texas
October 31, 2014
Sequel to the popular MineZ gamemode, MineZ 2 makes its debut. Featuring the core backbone of MineZ, MineZ 2 takes things to a whole new level. In addition to the existing bleeding, infection, hunger, thirst, and healing systems of the first game, MineZ 2 introduces an extended crafting system, various qualities of armor and weapons, harvesting, purifying water and cooking. As a coup de grâce for end game players can design and purchase their own housing and purchase upgrades such as limited storage. From a technical standpoint, MIneZ 2 is the first true Minecraft MMO in that a single realm persists across multiple servers, complete with dungeon instancing and full load balancing. Over 1,000 players can be on a single MineZ 2 realm at a time.
MineZ 2 entered into development after being announced at MineCon November 2013.
- A beautiful custom hand-painted map spanning 40,996,800 blocks (5256 x 6000 with a 5256 x 1800 planned expansion).
- Advanced backend that uses multiple servers per realm, allowing over 1,000 players per world.
- Advanced custom mob artificial intelligence, challenging players with powerful mini-bosses and deadly bosses requiring a team to defeat.
- Grave robbing, thirst, hunger, bleeding, infection and advanced healing systems.
- Cooking, weapon proficiency, crafting, water purification, and housing systems.
- PvP arena to wager friendly challenges with no loss to character progress.
Official Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
Shotbow allows for the contents of MineZ 2 to be published through video broadcasting services for any commercial or non-commercial purposes. Monetization of videos created containing assets from MineZ 2 is legally & explicitly allowed by Shotbow. This permission can be found in writing at http://shotbow.net/presskit/sheet.php?p=mineZ_2.
At Shotbow we strive to push the boundaries of Minecraft multiplayer gaming to limits never seen before. We develop full fledged games inside the engine that keep players engaged for years with continual updates and experiences they can’t acquire anywhere else. We are not limited to Minecraft though and continue to strive and broaden our craft to new and exciting technologies. Our goal is to create engaging, smart, and rich entertaining games and applications that can be enjoyed by all ages.
More information on Shotbow, our logo & relevant media are available here.
MineZ 2 Credits
Lead Level Designer, Director of Lore
Lead Web Developer
Level Designer, Web Designer