Happy Holidays! Celebrate with 30% off Gold and Platinum in our store! Use coupon code HOLIDAYS at checkout. Coupon valid for the first 25 uses.
At this time we are unable to service emails to Outlook, Hotmail, or other Microsoft-provided email addresses. If you are using one of these providers you will be unable to /register for an account or receive password reset emails.
If your account uses one of these providers, you can use the command /changeemail in game to change to another email account. If you did not receive your registration email, you may acquire it by resetting your password on the website once you have changed to a non-Microsoft email.
Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?
Shrine of the Dusk
Shrine of the Dusk is the Elite Dungeon of Darkness, representing the God Dentril. Dentril's Legendary Set and the first key to The Library of Axis Mundi can be obtained here.
Dungeon Information Coordinates (570, -3130) Difficulty 9.3/10 Number of Chests 21 Zombie Content Very High - Zombie and Zombie Pigman Spawners Parkour content Very High Puzzle/Trap Content Unbelievably High Minimum Players 2 Other Requirements Bow and Arrows, Night Time in-game
Inside the Shrine
General Resources Water Refill ✔ Crafting Table X Farm X Brewing Stand X Civilian Loot Common Chests X Uncommon Chests X Food Loot Common Chests X Uncommon Chests X Rare Chests X Potion Loot Common Chests X Uncommon Chests 1 Rare Chests X Tool Loot Common Chests X Uncommon Chests X Military Loot Common Chests X Uncommon Chests X Rare Chests X Epic Chests X Mythic Chests X Room Loot Common Chests X Uncommon Chests X Rare Chests X
Inside the Dungeon
General Resources Water Refill ✔ Crafting Table ✔ Farm 1 Wheat Brewing Stand ✔ Dungeon Loot Legendary Dispenser X Elite Dispenser 2 Axis Mundi Keys Dusk Fragment ✔ Dawn Fragment X Rod of Reclamation X Dungeon Chests Dungeon Common X Dungeon Uncommon X Dungeon Rare 20
- Shrine Altar
- 1 pots_uncommon
- Loot Room
- 20 dungeon_rare
Name Image Notes Dentril's Fear Has a chance to give Poison II and Nausea II for 3 seconds on hit. Plays a ghast sound, if successfully used. Dentril's Fright Gives Poison II and Nausea II for 3 seconds on hit. Only works with at least 3 arrows and full charge. Dentril's Terror Has a chance to inflict Poison I and Nausea II for 3 seconds on the attacker. Plays a ghast sound, if successfully used. Dentril's Dread Gives Invisibility III and Weakness III for 15 seconds.
- A detailed walkthrough for this dungeon can be found here: [Link]
If the entrance to the Cathedral is open, the dungeon can be attempted, no matter if the redstone lamp outside is unlit or not.
Entrance (Difficulty: 1/10)
- Make sure everyone is inside the cathedral and it is night.
- Drink the water from the cauldron and jump through the hole in the middle of the overcast moon.
- As of the Origins Part 1 update, you MUST drink the water during night. If it is drank during day you will have to switch servers.
- Once you have dropped down into the water, send one person to the east door into the sacrifice room to fall down and press the button inside.
- This will open the door on the west side for the others, as well as an exit to the sacrifice room.
- Run all the way down the tunnel, and have one person go to the left and right in the open area. These two people will have to press the buttons on each side at the same time to get rid of the barriers in the gate of Helia.
- Be careful as in the open area there are many Zombie and even some Zombie Pigman spawners.
- Wait for everyone to enter the gate, and have them all get to a safe spot.
- Once everyone is safe, have one person press the button to spawn a giant.
- Killing the giant will trigger a stalactite to fall from the cave roof into the glass floor.
- Jump down the levels of glass onto the floor of the hole.
- You will be teleported up to a balcony in a large hall.
- Walk down the staircase, to the west side archway and press the button.
- Pressing this button will spawn a Departed Shadow in the middle of the room. The only way to kill this is to shoot it. Make sure it is killed quickly, or you may lose members of your party to it!
- Wait for the door to burn down and walk through.
- Once the button on this archway is pressed another door will open which leads you into a room with four pedestals. This door will only stay open for about 8 seconds, and when it closes again it will not open until the trial is done.
- There are also four wooden buttons on the wall that need to be shot. When these buttons are shot, the pedestal corresponding to that button will be lit on fire until the arrow despawns, and 5 zombies will spawn out of it. Once the torch is unlit, 5 additional zombies will spawn.
- Once all are shot press the button beside the entrance door to complete the trial, exit.
- Go to the door opposite the one with the Trial of Fire inside and only have one person walk through.
- There will be a stone button the person needs to press. This will open the exit to the trial and spawn multiple zombies in the room
- The person will need to run out and regroup with their teammates.
- On the balcony where you first entered there should now be an open door. Everyone will need to run through and press the button at the end, opening the entrance to the Helia marketplace and sewers.
- Only press the button to enter Helia when the person in the room below is caught up, or they may be locked out!
- Your team will need to proceed to the opposite end of the room and drop down into the sewers
- Then proceed to turn around and run down the tunnel to the left, dropping down into a big pool.
- Turn around again and walk through the broken grating behind waterfall.
- Take this time to wait for your companions.
- One everyone is there, jump down the waterfall and press the button.
- The iron bars will open up to a maze, the solution to this is to take a left at the first intersection, and then take a right at the next intersection.
- This will lead you to a large hole with trip wire below, jump down one at a time into it.
- NOTE: Jumping down will give you regeneration III for 10 seconds so don't worry about fall damage. However, if you are low on health, you will die from fall damages as you get healed after taking fall damage.
- Walk through the open grating and have someone on the button on the blue wool and shoot the green button, then press the button next to the entrance to drop a small stream of water.
- Time your button pushes correctly and let the water fall into the holes near the other set of iron bars.
- There is a trip wire that will take you to the Trial of Water.
- This room contains four walls with channels that allow water to flow around in them, but are blocked with coloured gates. Underneath is a set of coloured wool with buttons on them, which correspond with each gate.
- Once each of these puzzles is completed, an amount of Zombies and Zombie Pigman will spawn from the dispensers on the floor.
- After the fourth puzzle is completed you will be teleported out of the room back into the Trials Lobby.
- A new gate will be open now, walk through it to the end. It is recommended that only two attempt this challenge.
- There will be two wooden pressure plates that an item will need to be placed on. This will spawn Zombies and multiple splash potions from the dispensers on the walls, as well as opening a hole in the center of the floor.
- Jump down and you will be teleported into the Trial of Air
- You will be dropped onto a 5x5 area platform that from the center has pressure plates that point in each direction.
- These plates control a smaller 3x3 platform which moves in whatever direction depending on what plate you pressed.
- There are platforms in each corner of the room that will have to be jumped to activate them.
- Have one person stood in the center of the plates and one that will be ferried to each button as well as giving directions. The person in the center will have to deal with an occasional Zombie that spawns in the middle of the center platform.
- Once all the platforms have been activated navigate to the stone pressure plate at the wall to create a bridge that will let the other player through.
- In the room there will be two stone buttons that will have to be pressed down at the same time.
- Once these are pressed you will then be teleported into an enclosed space with a pressure plate, which when stood on opens up a door to the room with the three pressure plates.
- Run to the end quickly, or iron bars will appear in the doorway.
- If you happen to be trapped inside the room there will be a hole in the wall with a button that will teleport you into the Trials lobby.
- Everyone will need to go through the newest gateway and press the button on the wall. This will trigger timed parkour over lava that everyone needs to cross.
- Once someone is over, they have to press a button on the left wall which will spawn a TNT, opening up the Trial of Earth (TNT will do no damage).
- Since the Origins Part 1 update, you can no longer hold the button down.
- This room is parkour over lava, where five pressure plates need to be pressed in order to escape.
- This parkour is very linear, you jump from sandstone pillar to sandstone pillar, then you jump onto the wall decorations and press the buttons which will spawn slabs to walk on.
- On the third button, you will have to jump on the furthest corner of the pillar, as jumping on the bottom portion will trap you, forcing you to swim through lava or logout.
- Once everyone is in the stone corner, everyone will need to press the button and cross over. The first person over will need to push a stone button, triggering TNT and opening the exit up (This TNT also does no damage).
- There will be a piston and a button, stand on the piston and press the button. You will be launched up into some tripwires.
- Press the button in the black room you are teleported to be launched into the Eclipse Library.
- Run up onto the balcony all the way round to the furthest painting.
- Throw an item into it and run back down to the ground floor.
- A wall will have opened, walk in and jump down into the hole. You WILL take fall damage, however will get regeneration. If you aren’t teleported, jump in and out of the tripwires until you are. You will be teleported to the Hall of Shadows.
- In this room you will need to complete some light parkour to collect three 'Sealing Skulls'.
- NOTE: Whoever does this pillar should have a bow and a few arrows, as well as some splash pots.
- Walk to the second row of pillars and start climbing the one to your left.
- Once you complete the parkour up the pillar, there will be a small hole in the corner of a stair block with a wooden button inside. Shoot the button to open the door.
- Fall down into the water at the bottom of the pillar, there's a dropper on one side of the room and a pressure plate on the other. Step on the pressure plate and 1 Zombie and 1 Zombie Pigman will spawn. Kill both of them and a few seconds later the sealing skull will drop out of the dropper.
- Walk out the now open door, the door will remain open so others can refill their water. This is the last water refill in the dungeon.
- If a Zombie picks up the Skull and doesn’t drop it, you will have to logout and try again.
- The second skull is also located in the second row of pillars, immediately to the right when walking down the center.
- Parkour up the pillar and you will enter a room with a dropper and dispensers on the ceiling with an iron pressure plate on the floor.
- Press the plate and quickly pick up the sealing skull as lava will drop from the dispensers, parkour back down the tower to reach the bottom.
- This tower is located in the third row of pillars, to the far right towards the wall.
- Parkour up the tower, there is one jump that looks impossible where you must jump into the engraving on the walls of the room and then back to the parkour.
- Alternatively, parkour up the tower in the fourth row instead and climb the vines, dropping onto Dentril’s claw. You can then jump from the claw to the top of the tower. This avoids most parkour.
- When you reach the top you will enter a room with a button in the center, 4 dispensers in the corner and a dropper in the middle. The dispensers will drop potions which will give you poison, blindness, slowness, and some other effects.
- Press the button from the doorway to not be effected, and the Sealing Skull will drop from the dropper.
- Once you get the Skull, parkour back down the tower.
- It is best to plan who does what jobs before starting this
- You will be teleported into the middle of the room, starting the boss immediately. To keep the boss activated, you need to stand on the pressure plates in the middle.
- On each side of the room will be a large statue with dispensers underneath, there will also be a lamp and a golden pressure plate. When one of the lamps lights up, this means there will be wither skulls being shot at you in about five second. You will have to block this by stepping on the golden pressure plate to create a wall in front of the dispensers.
- After some time of blocking these shots, a God (Therum, Pluvia, Simoon, or Agni) will tell you their seal needs to be reactivated.
- To reactivate a God’s seal, you will need to parkour up to the top of their respective statue. To make the parkour appear, someone will need to stand on the stone pressure plate on the God’s color and not get off of it until the parkourer is done. This pressure plate is near a Zombie Pigman spawner, making it hard to stay on for long. The best way to do this is to have one person shifting on the plate, while everyone else has a bow drawn ready to shoot.
- Once the parkourer is done, you must continue blocking shots until the next God tells you to reactivate their seal.
- After you reactivate all seals, one person must go into Dentril’s heart and press 3 buttons. This will defeat the boss.
- The person in the heart must drop down, and everyone will run upstairs on one of the statues to the loot room.
- Watch out for any zombie that naturally spawned while you were fighting the boss.
- Collect your 20 dungeon_rare chests and two legendary prizes.
- If you have an Eye of Darkness from Eclipsed Ruins, you may throw it in the hopper to claim your guaranteed Dusk Fragment and Rod of Reclamation.
- Go to the back of the balcony and press the button to open the door to a cave area.
- There will be another button that lets you out into the canyons near Abandoned Farm.
- Congratulations, you have beaten Shrine of the Dusk!
- It is one of the oldest dungeons and was released as part of the Secret Project Update on August the 15th 2015.
- It is believed that the farming of giants using the structure is the reason that it was placed on a hill.
- This structure has gone through three changes; the first time they remodeled it, the second time they placed it on a hill, and the third time the surrounding plateau was remodeled.
- The MineZ 2 location Helia is buried under Shrine of the Dusk.
- The dungeon was updated in the MineZ Origins Part 1 update. This update drastically increased the difficulty of the boss room and changed many other rooms of the dungeon.
- There are several Lore Blocks in this dungeon.
Shrine of the Dusk (2012)
Speed Run Times(top)
Category Group Time Date Proof Any % - Group BurnedApplePie, Limepaj2, Matt900_, SmplGamer, Aexon
19:16 April 9th 2017 Link Speedless - Group _Sou, DJ_Pedro, UselessCapZ, JTGangsterLP6, J8ker, M4bi, Fridge2177 16:18 April 11th 2017 Link
- Shrine Altar