Happy Holidays! Celebrate with 30% off Gold and Platinum in our store! Use coupon code HOLIDAYS at checkout. Coupon valid for the first 25 uses.
At this time we are unable to service emails to Outlook, Hotmail, or other Microsoft-provided email addresses. If you are using one of these providers you will be unable to /register for an account or receive password reset emails.
If your account uses one of these providers, you can use the command /changeemail in game to change to another email account. If you did not receive your registration email, you may acquire it by resetting your password on the website once you have changed to a non-Microsoft email.
Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?
Hell Tree is an island surrounded by lava which is only accessible by crossing a command block bridge called Hell Tree Bridge Control, in which a stone pressure plate activates.
Once stepped on, it creates an 8-block segment that moves through the lava by making a block appear in the front and making the last block disappear, regardless if you've stepped off the pressure plate or not. To access Hell Tree, one must step onto the segment and follow it all the way to the landing on the other side.
In one of the poles there are a few ladders that get you to the middle of the tree. There you will find an entrance to the tree and a long staircase to travel up and down, going up will take you into the canopy, in there awaits some mil_epic and mil_mythic chests.
General Info Coordinates (-1070, -4000) Area Type Isolated Structure Number of Buildings 1 Zombie Threat Very High - Zombie Spawners Number of Chests 13 Lootable Graves None
General Resources Water Refill X Crafting Table X Farm X Brewing Stand X Civilian Loot Common Chests X Uncommon Chests X Food Loot Common Chests X Uncommon Chests X Rare Chests X Potion Loot Common Chests X Uncommon Chests X Rare Chests 1 Tool Loot Common Chests X Uncommon Chests X Military Loot Common Chests X Uncommon Chests X Rare Chests 3 Epic Chests 4 Mythic Chests 5 Room Loot Common Chests X Uncommon Chests X Rare Chests X
- 1 mil_rare
- 1 mil_epic
- 1 mil_mythic
- Lower Ring
- 2 mil_rare
- 1 mil_epic
- 1 mil_mythic
- 1 pots_rare
- 2 mil_epic
- 3 mil_mythic
- A video describing how to loot Hell Tree can be found here: [Link]
- The stone pressure plate bridge had been edited so that the bridge only has a certain amount of blocks and automatically retracts after reached this limit.
- It is not recommended to come here at night, as many zombies and zombie pigmen spawn and it can be tricky to stay in a safe area to loot.
- There are spawners located in the northern and southern pillars, under the stairs in the low ring excluding the broken stairs and inside the canopy.
- If you are already well equipped, the loot may not be worth the deadly risk.
- There are 13 chests in Hell Tree, the majority of which are military chests with mainly iron/chainmail armor, enchanted iron swords, enchanted bows and assorted high-tier military loot.
- To reach the 2nd floor and the inside of the tree, you must do some ladder parkour. It is difficult.
- There is no water source anywhere nearby so bring at least 2 bottles and lots of food if you plan on staying for a while.
- Be aware that the zombies at the base can knock you into the lava.
- This location may be easier if accompanied by other players. However, more zombies seem to spawn with multiple players.
- You can fight off the zombies at the top by sneaking on the ladder.
- After you cross the bridge control, you'll see four pillars. The pillar with ladders that lead to the good loot is the southern pillar. Since you are coming from east to west, this means the correct pillar is one pillar clockwise from your location after you cross the bridge.
- This is a relatively high traffic location for its abundance of easily-camped iron gear.
- Do not fight zombies while on the ladder going from the first to second levels. Zombies can pull you off, and you will end up in the lava below.
- Be wary of server hoppers. Running from them would be deadly, as they could easily shoot you off the bridge.
- Hell Tree can also be defended in a similar fashion from approaching players.
- The tree's "leaves" were turned into glowstone, similar to the 2012 version, for April Fools 2018. However, the trunk was unchanged.
- Hell Tree is one of the only locations with a pots_rare that is accessible without a button. The others being Tristitia, Floating Islands, both of which are not really worth it, and Riel.
- Riel is the safest of the four locations.
Miscellaneous Images(top)Hell Tree Aug 13 2012Inside the Tree pre-updateHell Tree April Fools 2018Hell Tree Oct 6 2012Hell Tree Christmas 2017