At this time we are unable to service emails to Outlook, Hotmail, or other Microsoft-provided email addresses. If you are using one of these providers you will be unable to /register for an account or receive password reset emails.
If your account uses one of these providers, you can use the command /changeemail in game to change to another email account. If you did not receive your registration email, you may acquire it by resetting your password on the website once you have changed to a non-Microsoft email.
Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?
Desert Canyon Sanctuary
Desert Canyon Sanctuary is the Elite Dungeon of Earth. It represents the God Therum. 2 players are required for this dungeon, but more are recommended. It is widely considered the hardest dungeon in MineZ, so be prepared. Therum's Legendary Set can be obtained here.
Dungeon Information Coordinates (3050, -2150) Difficulty 8/10 Number of Chests 20 Zombie Content Unbelievably High (Zombie and Zombie Pigman Spawners) Parkour content Very High Puzzle/Trap Content Very High Minimum Players 2 Other Requirements Bow and Arrows, Junk Items
General Resources Water Refill ✔ Crafting Table X Farm X Brewing Stand ✔ Dungeon Loot Legendary Dispenser X Elite Dispenser 2 Dungeon Chests Dungeon Common X Dungeon Uncommon X Dungeon Rare 20
- Loot Room
- 20 dungeon_rare
Name Image Notes Therum's Strength Reduces armour durability by 25 percent on hit. Therum's Power Reduces armour durability by 25 percent on hit. Only works with at least 3 arrows and full charge. Therum's Force Gives Resistance I for 5 seconds and loses 10 durability upon getting hit. Therum's Might Gives Slowness III and Resistance III for 15 seconds.
Video Walkthrough(top)A detailed walkthrough of the dungeon can be found here: Link
Walkthrough(top)Before entering, make sure the redstone lamp outside is unlit - as the sign says: "If the light is off, the dungeon can be attempted!"
Entrance (Difficulty: 1/10)
- Press the button on the gold block to enter the dungeon.
- From there, stand on the pressure plate to be teleported to the first room.
- Do not move while falling or you will hit a solid block and die.
Section A(top)Note: Section A and B must be completed to continue!Room A1 (Difficulty: 3/10)
- Stand on the pressure plate straight ahead on the left side and go through the revealed path. There are many zombie and pigman spawners, so be quick.
- Here, there will be parkour over lava with many difficult jumps. Most are fatal if failed, however there is a ladder to climb up in the far corner of the room. Complete it. Once finished, look for a button on a wooden pillar on the ceiling. Shooting it will open up the next room.
- This is just a small corridor with many zombie spawners and cobwebs. Run through it and throw an item on the pressure plate at the back of the hallway, being wary of getting hit by pigmen and getting stuck. From here, wait for Group B to continue. Both groups need to place an item on their plate to advance.
Section B(top)Note: Section A and B must be completed to continue!Room B1 (Difficulty: 3/10)
- Stand on the pressure plate straight ahead on the right side and go through the revealed path. There are many zombie and pigman spawners, so be quick.
- Here, there is a rather elaborate coal block maze with many zombie spawners. Navigate through it and throw an item on the pressure plate at the end. Continue along with Group A.
Section C (After A and B)(top)Cavern Parkour Room (Difficulty: 8/10)
- This is a large parkour room that takes place in a canyon. It contains jumps that are almost certainly fatal if failed, and it is highly recommended to have Feather Falling boots. Complete the parkour to continue.
- This is a mostly puzzle based room that requires your group to split up and go two ways. Have at least one person go in the left (meteor) side, run past pigmen spawners, jump in the lava at the furthest point in the room, and throw an item on the pressure plate. Once they do this, an exit for them will open and they must sprint back to the main room.
- Likewise, send at least one person into the right room, consisting of many skeleton skulls. Press the stone button behind a wither skeleton skull, and you will be teleported. Throw an item on the pressure plate, and press the wooden button to get teleported back into the intersection. You must do this for a total of three buttons.
- When all three pressure plates have an item on them, a door in the room with the skeleton skulls opens. Throw an item on this pressure plate, being wary of the pigman that could spawn. and sprint back to the main room so you and your team can proceed by going down a hallway accessed by a stone pressure plate
- Here, there is a small peaceful room with a water refill and relatively no zombies. There are 5 hidden pressure plates scattered throughout. Throw an item on each and a hole will open in the middle of the water. Go through it to continue.
- Here, there is a timed void parkour involving iron bars. Shoot the button on the stalactite and iron bars will appear, making the parkour possible. However, while doing it, fire charges will be shooting at you. Complete the parkour and continue to the next room. Your whole team must do this at once, or they will be locked out. Don't fall into the 1x1 lava holes while heading to the next room!
- This room is a simple sprint to the other end. It is littered with 1x1 lava holes and zombie pigman spawners, so be quick. From there, do the lava parkour on the other side, being careful of any pigmen as they can swim in the lava.At the end, jump into the hole on the right. The hole on the left will teleport you back to the start of the room.
- This is a wave room with 5 waves, the first four consisting of many zombies and the last one consisting of many pigmen. When done with the Wave Room, there is an easy parkour challenge that leads to the Boss Room.
- The easiest way to do this room is by having one person attracting all zombies and then grenading them, or sitting at the end opposite of the entrance and trying to not alert them
- Here you will find a large room with a lava pit in the middle. Press the button on the iron block to begin. From there, obtain a "cannon round" (TNT Block) from one of the 3 droppers scattered around the room, starting with the left, then the right, then the back. Once you have the cannon round, throw it into the hopper and TNT will fall from the ceiling clockwise. The TNT will do no damage to you or the zombies, so be wary of being pulled into the pit. Repeat this for 7 more waves, each longer than the last. Collect the 9th TNT, throw it into the hopper and enjoy the firework and the sounds which symbolize that you have successfully beaten the Boss Room. From there, a door on the far side of the room will open to the Legendary Room.
- Here you will find 2 Legendary Items lying on the ground. Step on the pressure plate to be teleported into the Loot Room.
- Here you will find the rest of your loot, along with the exit to the dungeon. Once you are done getting every chest, step on the plate at the top of the first staircase
- From here, follow the path out of the dungeon. It is rather long but has a water refill.
- Congratulations! You have successfully beaten Desert Canyon Sanctuary!
- The location seems to resemble Petra, Jordan, an ancient city built in the same style.
- The mountain and old entrance themselves were a build submission, done by Kuffmine. Link to the Reddit post here.
- The dungeon has had two exterior renovations, the first was with stone bricks and glass, and the second was with nether brick. The old exterior was added back for April Fools 2018
- Desert Canyon Sanctuary is another dungeon that has been in development for a long while, along with Shrine of the Dusk, Paluster Shrine and many more.
- There is a Lore Block outside the dungeon claiming that anyone who enters "defiles this Goddess."
Miscellaneous Images(top)Old EntranceRoom B2 (Coal Maze), facing East.
- Loot Room