1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

No Prefix You guys should send out an XP code, as an apology for all this horrible lag :(

Discussion in 'The Network' started by JenadaeX, Jan 19, 2014.

No Prefix - You guys should send out an XP code, as an apology for all this horrible lag :(
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JenadaeX Regular Member

XP:
    25,063xp
    Mostly anni. There are some disconnection issues with smash too.

Like this post if you agree that Shotbow should dole out some XP codes as compensation for everyones favorite server being borked.

2. Wingdude100 Platinum

XP:
    19,699xp
    If you want XP codes, go here and here. You will see if there are XP codes or not.
    Zentz01 likes this.
  3. Canadian_moose Gold

XP:
    19,768xp
    They did. Highlife sent one out two days ago. Don't ask for xp codes.
  4. Rupie251 Emerald

XP:
    897,998xp
    You should be happy you have such a good server to play on. lag or not.

could an admin lock this thread... I'm no prophet but i can see flames coming over the horizon... and spam...
  5. Rebel_Vanguard Platinum

XP:
    10,955xp
    I don't want to be a jerk, but I'm going to say one thing here. The Shotbow Admins owe you and everyone else (Including me) absolutely nothing. They work tirelessly to update the server, and for what? People who get on the Forums to constantly bug them about issues that aren't convenient for them. They get so much flack because nothing is ever perfect for that part of the community. If it isn't server lag, then it's bugs, and if not that, then it's a lack of updates for the Network. Let me remind you that everything they do for the Network is purely volunteer work.

Back to my original point, you really shouldn't be complaining. Yes, there is lag, yes it is annoying. But I've seen so many threads on most topics about lag. I agree that it is annoying, I get repeatedly kicked out of games due to this lag. I can't even get through a game of Anni without being kicked out at least three to four times(Which never happened before the update). But the Admins are working as best they can to get the server back to working the way it was, you along with everyone else need to wait, they will fix it eventually.

Sorry for jumping on here and ranting like that. But I have seen too many threads from people who are complaining about lag. And then a few that are looking to turn it to their benefit. This request to 'pay up for the lag' is unreasonable and greedy. You're basically saying, 'I get to play on this server for free, but when things don't go my way, I want the Admins to give me something that I don't deserve.' And I hate that kind of attitude. Again, I apologize for ranting like this, but patience is necessary here. (I don't want to start a flame war here, just adding that in.)
  6. Wingdude100 Platinum

XP:
    19,699xp
    Of course, excluding lazer's 3 hour lunches.
  7. Rebel_Vanguard Platinum

XP:
    10,955xp
    *Gasp* You say that like Lunch isn't important.
    Rupie251 likes this.
  8. JenadaeX Regular Member

XP:
    25,063xp

More like, it's my day off and I'm unable to play the one game I desire.

So yeah. No shame in asking for stuff. It's not like I DEMANDED it. But usually in situations like this on large servers, when the game is down for an inconveniently long time.... It's rather common for the admins to dish out small tokens as an apology, and to keep people loving their server rather than being angry that it was down for a short while.

You kids and your flawed logic. Sheesh. Look at things from a business perspective.

Server down = people mad

people mad = people go elsewhere because server is down

free small token that costs nothing = players happy

players happy = players stay through the issues

I'd understand your whining if I had said something like "GIVE ME AND ME ALONE A GIANT XP CODE". But naw. I'm saying that to keep people happy, send out a nice e-mail with a code in it. The last time they had a code in an e-mail was what, Halloween?
  9. Rebel_Vanguard Platinum

XP:
    10,955xp
    Correction 1: I am by no means a kid, look at what you said from this perspective my friend, I was raised to be happy with what I got, even if it wasn't altogether good. So, I see someone complaining that they aren't getting everything they want, so they demand compensation. Naturally I see the greed and I find that to be really unreasonable. And if someone would leave a server for good(or at the least, indefinitely) because of lag, then that's sad, I say deal with the lag, it'll be fixed at some point.

Correction 2: They are not obligated to give you an apology for a laggy server, in case you hadn't noticed, they JUST updated a few days ago, lag isn't only expected, but it is guaranteed for the most part.

Correction 3: I wasn't whining, if you'll notice I was telling you why you shouldn't be acting like an entitled brat. Even if you were saying that the XP code should be for everyone. I agree that an XP code is a nice thing to get, but you shouldn't request an XP code every time something isn't convenient for you. If anything, there was more whining coming from your end, not mine.

Also, I notice you said that today is your day off! Good for you! Now tell me, can you do nothing else with your time? I mean, all that time spent working, and the only thing you can think to do is complain at Shotbow? I don't mean to insult you here, but isn't there ANYTHING else you could do with your time? Also, on the subject of that earlier makeshift math lesson, don't talk down to me, I'm not the one who should be treated like a kid here my friend. And like I stated beforehand, I'm by no means looking to start a flame war. That may make you wonder why I came back, well here it is, I don't enjoy being insulted, especially by someone who acts as you do.
  10. Canadian_moose Gold

XP:
    19,768xp
    My gawd, highlife sent out a xp for 500 xp two days ago.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.