1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Year Ahead 2023 + Dentril's New Moon - January 2023

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Axyy, Jan 2, 2023.

Year Ahead 2023 + Dentril's New Moon - January 2023
  1. Axyy Network Co-Lead

XP:
    330,038xp
    Español

[IMG]

Happy new year, Shotbow! 2022 what a year it's been. We've seen many amazing things, such as the 10th Anniversary of Shotbow, The annual Spookfest with the return of Ghostcraft, and now The Shotbow Winterfest. One of our goals at the start of 2022 was to improve interaction between staff and players. Looking back at some of the contests we held such as the MineZ Winter Building Contest, The Spookfest Skin Contest and now The Winterfest Selfie Contest. I can proudly say we've improved a lot on this. Another goal was to increase our use of Social Media, and then especially TikTok and YTShorts. Again, we've improved a lot on this and we will continue to do so in 2023. In 2022 we've seen a lot of staff members come and go, and we're really thankful to everyone who's been helping us out. We're even more thankful to everyone who has been playing and supporting us for years now. We are trying our hardest to improve wherever and whenever we can!

But what's next? In 2023 we once again want to focus on marketing and more community interactions. We've already welcomed a new team, The Shotbow Events Team in order to improve upon this. They will be focussing on hosting regular events for the community, and you will have a say in it as well! When it comes to game updates, you can expect a lot of fun stuff! Annihilation will go back to regular content updates now that the 1.16 Base Update has been released and from MineZ you may expect some very bold changes to the core gameplay loop and an overhaul of existing backend structures. The main plan for Slaughter is to get 1.4 out and in a stable position for future smaller updates.

I would also like to introduce you to the Shotbow Holiday Special, a Shotbow Winter magazine that provides you with all information regarding The Shotbow Winterfest, XP-codes, a store bundle and an exclusive interview with our Network Lead Mistri!

[IMG]

Welcome to 2023 everyone! I hope you all enjoyed the holidays and are ready to start the new year. I'm Axyy and today I will go through everything that happened last month!

Network Updates
    Winterfest Selfie Contest Results
    Last month we held a Winter Selfie Contest and the results are finally in!
    (Please note, I did not pick these winners myself. I put all selfies up to vote and then gave the staff team the chance to vote for their favorite 3)
    • 1st place Munguia - Gold Rank for you or a friend.
    • 2nd place sunbreathing - Silver Rank & 20k Shotbow XP for you or a friend.
    • 3rd place ItsWoz_ - 3 Shout Tokens & Gradient Armor Set for you or a friend.
    Winners, please check your forums inbox to claim your prize!

Chat-Related Bans Conversion
    All permanent chat-related bans have been converted to permanent mutes. In total, there were 1,043 permanent bans, over the last 10 years (earliest was February 2013) that have now been converted to permanent mutes. They have now been unbanned, but cannot chat anywhere on the network due to their permanent mute.

Shotbow Events Team
    I'm happy to announce that we're welcoming a new team to Shotbow... The Events Team! The main goal of this team is to improve upon community interactions by hosting fun events on a weekly basis, going through community suggestions and even give our players an opportunity to join the team in the near future.

Team Applications
    Ever wanted to join the Shotbow Staff Team? The following teams are accepting applications:
    Gamemode Updates
    Annihilation Updates
    During December the Annihilation Team hosted multiple events and clan wars such as the Annihilation Duelstal WAR Event, multiple OP games and the Annihilation Ice Event.

Check out this amazing video produced by our Media Partner lPirlo:

MineZ Updates
    This month, the MineZ team released Patch 5.2.0, 5.2.1 and 5.2.2.
    Read the full changelog here.

Additionally, the MineZ team released the official Christmas Update of 2022 bringing you many exciting features!

Statistics
    SMASH Rankings
    The Winter season has started, here are the current standings:
    • 1st - _YouGotSmoked_ [1020]
    • 2nd - HelixdaHustle [1017]
    • 3rd - SupernovaBlade [1005]
    Network in General
    Staff updates:
    • sabau joined the Annihilation Mini Admin team
    • Outra joined the Events Team as Team Lead
    • Axyy joined the Events Team as Team Co-Lead
    • lPirlo joined the Events Team as Event-Staff
    • TheBearOfJustice joined the Marketing Team
    Other statistics:
    • 1231 in-game reports were handled in the last month
    • There were 420 players banned in the last month
    • 34 ban appeals were handled in the last month
    • There were 29 support tickets resolved in the last month
    • This month we achieved a peak playercount of 182 on December 31st
    • 68,051,308 XP was earned by players this month
    Closing Words
    I'm Axyy and this was Dentril's New Moon for January, may all of your wishes come true in 2023! :heart: