1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Suggestion XP reward for good defense

Discussion in 'Annihilation' started by DoxNotch, Feb 13, 2015.

Suggestion - XP reward for good defense
?

Good Idea?

Yes 41 vote(s) 97.6%
No 1 vote(s) 2.4%
  1. DoxNotch Platinum

XP:
    23,822xp
    you get 200xp instead of 100 if you win a match with your nexus health at 75+.

2. Vovri Platinum

XP:
    255,010xp
    If they balance classes like immobilizer then yes. Otherwise you'll have an entire team of immobilizers camping the staircase leaving you or anyone with absolutely zero way to get inside the nexus (that's hardly effort not to even mention skill).
    SandblastPvP, jessenorton and Wun like this.
  3. DR_DRE_HERE Regular Member

XP:
    27,785xp
    can i vote for i don't know?o_O:zbanghead:
  4. moikka434 Emerald

XP:
    155,423xp
    Immobilizer is balanced at the moment in my opinion. The 2 seconds of immobility is barely notice-able and there is a 15 seconds of delay before you can immobilize the same target again. Also, the Immobilizer's passive ability isn't implented just yet.
    vised and Vovri like this.
  5. drewko09 Platinum

XP:
    216,380xp
    With my luck I would be guarding and then one god damn leather miner would get past/assassin and hit the nexus once and I would cry.

Go handyman - leave the nexus = 74 to 0 by a eff 3 invisible guy.

Either Way I cry
  6. Vovri Platinum

XP:
    255,010xp
    I agree as a class less used in games, it is balanced. I have no qualms against that c:.

but ramp it to not one immo, but say 10 immos defending. That's where balance starts to break. Though I agree that Immobalizer is needed against stopping bigger rushes or say the Lumber + immo synnergy against opplers. The game shouldn't require you to counter gamebalance breaking tactics with gamebalance breaking tactics. This is one of the glaring faults I personally see in anni 1.4-1.6 - Instead of fixing game balance(minus str), they just add a counter to gamebreaking aspect. Adding a counter doesn't' fix anything, in fact it just makes fixing the original balance even harder.

Immobalizers in bulk just need to spam right click and giggle until they catch someone while friends spam left click - no skill even needed. you could probably even program several bots with simple programming to do the dirty work.

To put it into perspective, even 10 warriors defending need to do more then just sit in a nexus and spam right and left click to win. And we all know warrior is pretty balance breaking c:.
  7. Unicycle43 Retired Staff

XP:
    322,934xp
    YES! +1
    Awesome idea!!
  8. Ivandagiant Silver

XP:
    38,537xp
    Or instead of only getting the extra XP for having your nexus at full health, add whatever remaining health your nexus has on top of the xp you gain from winning. I made a thread about this months ago and it got alot of support, but, alas, as with many suggestions, it was not added.
    EX. You win the game and your nexus has 54HP left, you gain +154XP.
    EDIT: Here is the thread: http://shotbow.net/forum/threads/228868/
  9. jessenorton Platinum

XP:
    384,179xp
    This is really well put. Basically it's easier to change one class to fit the others than it is to change every other class to fit one, which the update kinda felt like. It's fun having new abilities to play with, but it's a less balanced array of classes now than it was before.
  10. SandblastPvP Gold

XP:
    14,680xp
  11. DoxNotch Platinum

XP:
    23,822xp
    oooooooooooh i like that a lot better damn
  12. JackMasterMind Regular Member

XP:
    64,408xp
    1+, definitely good idea.
  13. Alzi Silver

XP:
    27,138xp
    I think you should only go 50% more xp.
  14. Keyboard Platinum

XP:
    213,353xp
    You don't even need a bot, you can just put a stapler or something on your mouse's RMB
  15. Agent_PvP Platinum

XP:
    81,873xp