1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Discussion Would you like if I made this dungeon?

Discussion in 'MineZ' started by Mohawk2, Mar 18, 2018.

Discussion - Would you like if I made this dungeon?
?

Like this dungeon?

YES 3 vote(s) 30.0%
Meh 3 vote(s) 30.0%
NO 4 vote(s) 40.0%
  1. Mohawk2 Mini Builder

XP:
    529,466xp
    First off, let me just clarify, I am not 100% going to make this dungeon, even if it gets positive reviews.
    Exterior:
    I am actually going to start the exterior last. If Shotbow updates to 1.13, I will make it a cool ruined underwater tower that has an underground area. If not, it will just be a tower on the map that has an underground area. You need at least two people to enter.
    Room 1:
    So in the starting room, there are just some zombies, (not very interesting.)
    Room 2:
    Here you split up into two teams. One person (max, impossible to go above 1) on one side, everyone else(could even just be one person) on the other. Just going to call the one person team "team one" and the other team "team two" to make it interesting, even though team one just has one player. Team 1 has to stand on certain pressure plates to make blocks appear (much like the Halloween dungeon.) The other group has to parkour over them, which they can do all at one time or one by one, their choice. The blocks disappear after the person stops standing on the pressure plate, so team one has to switch the blocks while team two is jumping.
    Room 3/lootroom:
    Then comes the next room. This is the one with the twist. Team two is doing nothing right now, and they are safe. Team one is in a room with lava coming down from the ceiling with no safe spots, however, he has plenty of time (about 1-2 minutes) to read the signs and choose. There are two buttons. One is sacrifice. This just removes the other button and leaves team one to die, but lets team two go on to loot the chest. The other one is betrayal, which automatically either kills half of team two/lets team two fight to the death until half of the team is dead and then heals the remaining players with splash pots of healing to get their health back to full(tell me which you like more). While this is happening, team one gets teleported to the loot room and gets to take anything it wants, but only has that amount of time to do so (which should be about 1-2 minutes). The reason this happens is to make it either for team one to win if they choose betrayal. If there is just one player on team two, they just have to wait for a 1 minute 30 second timer to go down until they can attempt to kill team one. The reason team one would choose team one in the first place is either to easily get rid of his opponents when they have his trust and take their stuff or to skip the parkour and still get the loot in the loot room. If team one is smart, he can also "accidentally" kill a few players in team two in the parkour room, although at least one needs to make it across if team one wants to get the loot in the loot room. The team that has won will then be teleported to the loot room, even if the person choose betrayal in case he/she did not loot all the chests/take all the items
    Other stuff:
    This dungeon will definitely lead to some interesting betrayals, tell me why you do/don't like it in the poll, and if you want to really help me out, tell me what you like in the comments. You can also ask any questions you have about the dungeon in the comments. I plan to use the team function of scoreboards to be able to do all of this stuff.

2. Sevadra Gold

XP:
    9,286xp
    This would lead to too easy of dungeon farming and, being a mostly parkour dungeon, not be worth the difficulty. Nobody would willingly sacrifice good gear/a pvp inventory in the brawl twist you mention, while it would be a good idea to keep in faith. In attempts to break the system, it sounds like people could also easily alt the parkour by the system you seem to provide, and the model of Veleno (the halloween dungeon reference you mention) and just farm the loot by killing off the account and/or dedicating the alt to running the dungeon over and over again.

Overall the mechanics are too exploitable for the dungeon, no matter how cool the concept sounds.
  3. Mohawk2 Mini Builder

XP:
    529,466xp
    I get what you are talking about, but since the alt dies every time, you would need to keep bringing one over. Another thing is that the alt would have to move the the second pressure plate while the person was jumping. This would mean you would need to do something incredible to be able to switch between the alt and the main to be able to complete it. They would pretty much have the be moving at the same time. Also, I did not mention this, but only one group would be able to enter at a time, so if there was someone currently doing the dungeon, you would not be able to enter. I might have added a mob room, but since this dungeon got so negative reviews I won't be building it. Unfortunately, people did not comment what they would like to change, (except your alt problems comment I already addressed) so I don't know what I would change.