1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Suggestion Witherwolf

Discussion in 'The Network' started by jugularvein123, Apr 8, 2013.

Suggestion - Witherwolf
?

Does this game concept sound cool?

Yes 8 vote(s) 80.0%
No 2 vote(s) 20.0%
  1. jugularvein123 Silver

XP:
    19,663xp
    A group of players all spawn in a large village that has a neighboring forest, lake, and small mountain with a cave. They are placed around the village according to their profession (two commoners, warrior, ranger, priest, butcher, farmer, woodcutter, blacksmith, and mayor). All the players are dependent on each other in the beginning, as certain professions must buy food and supplies from others. At first, all seems well as the day goes on and everyone is settling into their new houses, preparing to go to bed...until one player starts to itch...

...They begin to transform gaining increased strength, agility, and fortitude. Their new form they have taken is that of a Witherwolf, and they have acquired a taste for flesh, which means they must now feed off of it in order to stay alive. They may choose to attack pigs, sheep, cows, cats, or players, all of which feed and heal the Witherwolf when killed. The Witherwolf has many things at their disposal, including his claws, wither inducing bite, the ability to track the nearest player, and due to having super natural agility, they can leap as well as pounce, climb up walls, and never take fall damage.

As the daylight appears again, the Witherwolf begins his transformation back into being a human, and it is recommended that they avoid being seen while this occurs, as the other villagers most likely have taken to hunting the Witherwolf. The game continues until the Witherwolf has slain every villager, or they themselves are slain.

How The Game Works:

Wither wolf explained: The Wither wolf would look like an angry wolf, and would have the same leaping ability as the Ghost,
    [IMG]
    except the sound made is a growl.
    When transformed, the player gets a new inventory that only the Wither wolf has, and this inventory consists of claws(wood sword same as ghost slash), Bite (shears like ghost, but instead of a charge, it hits normally, dealing less damage than claws, but it applies a wither effect to the target.), Growl (like spook, except the sound effect is a growl), and heightened senses (compass that points towards the nearest player). They also have the resistance potion effect while transformed. While transforming into the Wither wolf, the player howls and this can be heard throughout the map. Wolf noises can be heard here courtesy of buhagiarcian.

Professions explained: Each profession starts at a different area of the map depending on what they are. ex: farmer spawns an farm, woodcutter spawns in log cabin in the forest, mayor spawns in the town center, etc. Each profession starts out with an inventory according to that profession. ex: farmer gets a hoe, various crops, and various seeds, leather pants and leather boots. woodcutter gets an iron axe, wood, and food. Mayor gets a stone sword, black leather armor, and he is allowed to start a vote to put someone in a jail (which has a puzzle to escape). All professions start out with a certain amount of currency, so that they can pay for goods (commoners get the most since they aren't to great, while warriors and farmers get the least).

Other notes:
    • The mountain cave is like the Wither Wolfs "den", and has the skulls of currently dead players throughout it. It also plays a cave sound when entered.
    • Player names are not shown. You must right click a player that you are close enough to to see what their name is. (Doesn't work on the Witherwolf...)
    • Who becomes the Witherwolf is random each game.
    • Unlike Ghostcraft you are not informed of hitting a teammate, and team killing gets punished less often (maybe not at all), due to the nature of the game. Also note that team killing wouldn't be as effective in this, as you can't simply kill another player like in Wasted, and they can easily fight back without punishment.
    • People who donate have the option to pick which profession they have, with the higher donators being able to override lower donators picks. (they can't choose to be the Witherwolf as it would be very obvious)
    • Herobrine
    • Any suggestions that I like will be added.
    • Professions may be taken out in favor of an approach more like a Hunger games play style, where each person has to go out and survival like in normal survival mode, but with the whole Witherwolf thing.
    • I already have an alternative game mode for it involving survivors, witherwolves, and vampires. (maybe enderpires?)
    • A leaver penalty could be implemented much like League of Legends leaver penalty. A player leaving would be a big thing after all.
    • Crying may be a side effect of playing the game.

Please refrain from making comments about how long it would take to make, why they won't make it, and anything pertaining to the "making" of the game. Even if they did consider making it, it would be a long time before anyone saw it. If the game hadn't become so popular on the ghostcraft forums (81% of 42 voters liked it, as well as almost 3000 views), I wouldn't have moved it to here.
    thhomas101 likes this.

2. elmodag Retired Staff

XP:
    41,427xp
    Honestly, its too complex. And also too much like ghostcraft.
  3. jugularvein123 Silver

XP:
    19,663xp
    Yes the whole professions thing is quite complicated. I was considering how the game would function with it compared to with a normal Minecraft survival game play to it. And please explain the too much like ghostcraft part more.
  4. BitNinjaxD Regular Member

XP:
    85,541xp
    It is complicated but no more than Minez or Wasted I like it. The only problem is that it seems ridiculously difficult to program.
  5. Cornss Regular Member

XP:
    5,581xp
    I like the Idea and in the small text at the bottom he said it would be hard to make
  6. Pesadillan Regular Member

XP:
    17,275xp
    they said they were gonna add wolves to Minez as a hostile mob but it had some challenges (like lagging servers) as this wouldn't exactly help the cause
  7. jugularvein123 Silver

XP:
    19,663xp
    I'm not quite sure how one wolf at night per server would cause that much lag. But I guess i'm just ignorant to the ways of server side mod coding.
  8. Cornss Regular Member

XP:
    5,581xp
    Little off topic but this gamemode sounds fun you should come up wit ways to get xp I thought of 2 [wither wolf] kill survivor-5 win - 9 [human] Kill wolf - 8 survive -5 there are some ideas
  9. jugularvein123 Silver

XP:
    19,663xp
    Maybe higher than that. The nighttime daytime cycle makes the game take a while.
    You would probably get xp for surviving the night.
  10. Cornss Regular Member

XP:
    5,581xp
    4 xp - surviving the night
    [wither wolf] 14- winning
  11. jugularvein123 Silver

XP:
    19,663xp
    Xp would kind of be up in the air until the game was actually tested (if at all made) anyways.
  12. Cornss Regular Member

XP:
    5,581xp
    Eh good point I hope it gets made...

or I knew someone who would make the plugin...

13. firejelle1 Platinum

XP:
    57,550xp
    This is so freaking awesome i would love to play this!!!
  14. EspyEra Platinum

XP:
    121,549xp
    This sounds amazing. I WOULD LUV THIS. But yet again very very very complex and hard to make
  15. minehappy01 Silver

XP:
    9,521xp
    Sounds freaking awesome.
    Though the leaver penalty sort of ruins it for peeps like me who have time restrictions. :(
  16. Ju1cY_0n3 Emerald

XP:
    16,463xp
    [IMG]

This is so complicated, and much like GhostCraft and DvZ. I had to re-read this like 10 times to even understand it.

I am a slow person. :stuck_out_tongue:

I don't really think it is something that would be needed. Not to mention the bugs that would be caused with the jump mechanics. I don't know if any of you have experimented with DisguiseCraft or anything of the likes, but jumping, flying, and even sprinting has really ugly bugs.
  17. Pesadillan Regular Member

XP:
    17,275xp
    it's very complicated and would seem cool but hardd to make
  18. jugularvein123 Silver

XP:
    19,663xp
    Mobdisguise when it was still an active plugin was really good about those things. Yeah it would be an extremely hard thing to code into minecraft. I think it would be better as a hl2 mod, but then again I never saw hidden being good as a minecraft mod.
    I'm also not the best at explaining things, so its not that its your fault you didn't get it at first.
  19. Lieutenant_Joe Silver

XP:
    52,132xp
    Ahem. Yes. I WOULD approve of this... BUT I DONT WANT TO LOSE ANY. MORE. MINEZ. SERVERS.

Mine got taken away as it is...

-Edit-

Regardless, I'm pretty sure that the mystery of who it is would be easy to crack. Simply drag EVERYONE into a single place in the center of the map and see who's gone. A good solution to this would be disabling chat.
  20. jugularvein123 Silver

XP:
    19,663xp
    You can't see player names over their head, so you would have to remember what each person's skin is according to their name that they may have given out by talking. It could be like a localized chat so you couldn't broadcast to everyone whos playing.