1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Question Where is Highlife?

Discussion in 'The Network' started by Smartzz, Feb 10, 2017.

Question - Where is Highlife?
  1. Smartzz Emerald

XP:
    194,786xp
    Alright I may not be the first to ask this question but where is Highlife? It's been close to a month since he has even opened the forums. He is almost always on his TS and playing rocket league or CS:GO. I understand playing things other than Minecraft which is sometimes needed but not being active for over a month is what some players consider a user dead.

As of now I was told by Fridge (thanks for that info BTW it solved a lot of my complaints) that Shotbow 1.9 can be established by two developers and Highlife being on at the same time and updating the server. Now this raises a few eyebrows. If Highlife hasn't been on in over a month will he log back in when it's time for 1.9? Because I have been told that 1.9 was completed but put back into Dev due to some major bugs. (Which I thank Shotbow for that because there been some instances where the game was just thrown out there.) I just want to know.

The last thing is if for say Highlife does decide to become inactive for a long period of time, who will take over? Because I am now worried that he may NOT come back. I know IRL issues DO pop up some times and if for say his grandmother is sick and he needs to go see her then by all means go! I just want to understand what may come of Shotbow.

If he does read this post or if he does come back, will he ever play on Shotbow? Come on and hang out with some of it's players? I personally want to see some of the old players come back with 1.9 and I want to make some new friends.

Thanks for letting me fly shotbow.

2. GlorifiedPig Platinum

XP:
    4,893xp
    Wondering the same thing here. Glad you made this post, hopefully somebody can clear things up.
    HungerHealer and Tonkatsu129 like this.
  3. Smartzz Emerald

XP:
    194,786xp
    Yeah, I've asked around and gotten minimal answers.
    Tonko921 likes this.
  4. HighlifeTTU Network Owner

XP:
    93,176xp
    I normally don't respond to these but I am around. Unfortunately I am very busy, as are many of us. However, just because I am not active on the forums does not mean I am not active in other places. This is more a community interaction tool, we use slack for our internal communications.
  5. Smartzz Emerald

XP:
    194,786xp
    HOLY CRAP... That wasn't expected. So I've only heard of slack. After a quick Google search it appears to be an online job conference room type deal. I would also like to ask if that most staff are on slack then is there anyway we can contact them? (Besides annoying them in TS which I know none of them want?

Edit: I forgot something, Thank you
    Tonko921 likes this.
  6. Rockie_dog Regular Member

XP:
    283xp
    BUSY! With what exactly?
    Tonko921 likes this.
  7. Smartzz Emerald

XP:
    194,786xp
    A lot of people have lives. I have been busy with school. In fact I finished an essay right before writing this. (The essay was a warm up :wink:)
    Tonko921 likes this.
  8. 100PercentHippo Retired Staff

XP:
    336,223xp
    That depends on what you wish to contact staff about. If it is something like being stuck in a block in MineZ, there are threads for that. If you've got a bug to report, there's the bug report form. Reporting cheaters? /report. If you've got a general question, sticking a post in the appropriate subforum is probably the right way to go. If you've got a more personal request, or something that shouldn't be made public, many staff are active on the forums, so sending them information via a private message is best.
  9. Smartzz Emerald

XP:
    194,786xp
    That's true! However if it's immediate like let's say the time I found 6-7 unloaded chunks around Frostbain and it was severely lagging the server. The direct message would feel as if it had a little more priority. Also, I was told that there are normally more staff on Slack. Just having a bigger selection to choose from or some that are on Slack or some that are not? I don't know how you guys want to handle this because every once in a while it be feeling like it is kind of invading personal space.
    Tonko921 likes this.
  10. schiindler Retired Staff

XP:
    214,332xp
    You could always try Discord. I don't use Discord often and don't check it often, but a lot of the other staff do. Try posting something in the MineZ Classic room. Slack is basically a more business oriented and official Discord (without voice). There are more staff on slack because of phones and other platforms that it can be used on. You can't message the staff from Slack simply because you aren't on it. There is no way to reach out to the staff on Slack specifically. As I said, Discord is a good spot to get your requests sent. I hope I helped :D
    Tonko921 and DutchBartje like this.
  11. Smartzz Emerald

XP:
    194,786xp
    I thought slack had voice chat. That was another detail I missed I guess. But thanks you did help.
    Tonko921 and Davidss10001 like this.
  12. Hollow_Leg Platinum

XP:
    259,108xp
  13. Hollow_Leg Platinum

XP:
    259,108xp
    Glad to see he is still doing stuff
    Tonko921 likes this.
  14. McJeffr When in Rogue Lead, Developer

XP:
    188,040xp
    Something that probably should be mentioned about Slack is that it is an invite-only platform. That also answers your question immediately, if hippo didn't already. In order to access any Slack group, you need to be invited to it. Since the Slack group used by Shotbow is as highlife mentioned for internal staff communications, people that are not part of the staff team are not able to access it. If there are very serious issues, you would be best off using the forums or Discord (though Discord is not supposed to be a live-support platform!).
    Tonko921 and DutchBartje like this.
  15. SenorBeaver Platinum

XP:
    139,318xp
    I can assure you that he is always around my friend. Slack is where the important information is discussed between members of the staff and that's all he really needs to be active for, quite frankly just doesn't have time to be spending time on a public forum and most of us don't with responsibilities going on.
    Tonko921 likes this.
  16. Creeperker Ruby

XP:
    1,944,942xp
    What we want to you will do, work hard for Shotbow update. You look not busy at working on Shotbow. Please explain something you work for shotbow recently.
    Tonko921 likes this.
  17. jinl3e Platinum

XP:
    49,036xp
    im late same with JACOBSMILE lead anni admin hes been pretty inactive
    N0MY likes this.