1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Guide When the fun stops, stop.

Discussion in 'Annihilation' started by Personalitits, Oct 5, 2015.

Guide - When the fun stops, stop.
  1. Galap Developer

XP:
    2,169,215xp
    Hey guys and girls,

I thought I'd just make a quick thread for the 'less mature' Annihilation players, it's in no way trying to be offensive!

I've been in too many games where '<insert profanity here> YOU focus HAXER' and 'you EZ wetback random' . ..etc . . . are use in an attempt to insult others due to the fact that that person saying it isn't doing very well and or feels that they have been in an unfair situation.

If you feel that you are that kind of person, please think about this sentence: When the fun stops, stop. This actually originates from a UK gambling aware 'charity' (the ad) however I feel it applies to any game and it speaks for itself.

When playing a game, if it is no longer fun; no longer a game, simply stop playing. Take a break and relax. It's a game after all, you're supposed to enjoy it which you're not accomplishing if you're starting to get stressed and becoming offensive due to anger or not winning.

Not only does it ruin your experience but others around you. Just try it, either accept that the game isn't playing to your cards or remove yourself from the situation; you'll feel better and will enjoy playing games. You'll probably find that you do better in your relaxed state of mind.

This is a problem I see in many younger players who haven't quite grasped that having fun is the ultimate win and getting angry does nothing!

Hope that helps some,

Thanks =)

~Luke

2. Deadtoad5 Platinum

XP:
    16,724xp
    Words of wisdom! but it is unfortunate some people do this >.<
    Darth_Bachious and Kazumii_ like this.
  3. Kazumii_ Platinum

XP:
    352,440xp
    Just be like Hades :stuck_out_tongue:
    [IMG]
  4. xSandblast Emerald

XP:
    245,023xp
    That's why I play csgo C:
    Donnel likes this.
  5. daniellukas99 Gold

XP:
    16,131xp
    CS:GO is even less fun when it gets frustrating. too much h4xor, eZ, and сyка блять.
    iPabloCL_, Fluffoon and OneZedArmy like this.
  6. Imam18 Regular Member

XP:
    11,869xp
    cyka blyat?
    Btw should i get cs go on steam
  7. xSandblast Emerald

XP:
    245,023xp
    THERE ARE MORE HACKERS AND CANCEROUS PEOPLE ON SHOTBOW THAN THE WHOLE CSGO COMMUNITY LMAO
    TotallyNotBoti and OneZedArmy like this.
  8. Galap Developer

XP:
    2,169,215xp

My aim wasn't to make people mature, simply to help people enjoy the game more, I don't expect to stop some people taking Annihilation past a game but if I help a few by showing them how to take a step back and realise having fun is better than 'winning'; then I've achieved my goal =)
  9. Keyboard Platinum

XP:
    213,353xp
    voice_scale 0
  10. TheWargenflorgen Gold

XP:
    10,429xp
    Handy advice in theory, but doesn't really account for the fact that there are so many dozens of people on Shotbow that get their fun by making other people mad. If I always quit just because someone was being a jerk, trash talking, teamgriefing, etc... I'd probably never find a match to play in. While this works for some instances (getting spawn farmed, one team with 30 people and the rest with 15, #spamming clans, bowspammers, etc.), it really just isn't viable in other instances (getting excessively trash talked, being stalked server to server by the same person, constantly being voidscorped and laughed at while defending, etc.).
  11. Galap Developer

XP:
    2,169,215xp

Sorry, you've missed the idea here. I'm not saying if someone is being rude to you for you to leave, I'm talking directly to those who become rude and try to explain how they can enjoy playing better. I'd hate to think anyone gets enjoyment from being horrible and I doubt that is the case, it's more likely their emotions rearing their ugly side because they're not winning
  12. TheWargenflorgen Gold

XP:
    10,429xp
    Well there's the kind of uncontrolled rage that people throw around when they're mad about losing, but there are definitely many people who get enjoyment from provoking/trolling/what have you. Those are the people I'm talking about. Believe me, I totally get what you're saying and I agree with it, but I don't think it's universally applicable.
  13. UrFavAnimeIsBad Regular Member

XP:
    3,353xp
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    Sure, it's disabling, but it works.
    ajfish and Snowmanfat like this.
  14. Dinohoot8 Platinum

XP:
    484,663xp
    I see Annihilation still needing bug fixes, lots of chat help etc. But think about how Annihilation formed and how new it was new to the Minecraft community. I love Annihilation even though, they changed some classes to the worse, I still play. Annihilation is always a joy to play and should be fixed soon. Here's why I play Annihilation. Have you been looking through server lists trying to find another server that doesn't just have factions, prision, UHC etc? Well I have tried that. I couldn't find any other server that's unique as Shotbow. Shotbow will stay unqiue as they continue to release more and more gamemodes. I know people have said, "Shotbow is dieing. It's going to die out soon". And as they might be true, it isn't. People have really experienced how Shotbow is to other servers. I think Shotbow is the new and growing "Hypixel" or "Mineplex". I bet your thinking, "Hypixel and Mineplex are the best of the bested of servers ever". It could be, but Shotbow is on the right track to being close to it. Think of Shotbow in a few years from now. So back to the subject of Annihilation. Annihilation will always Annihilation with Coastal, Andorra etc. It's hard to update Annihilation because the community might like the update or might not. Maybe talk with friends on Annihilation. People are always swearing and saying "Hacks hacks", but that's with pretty much every minigame server or any other server. We can't stop it like how people hack. Hacking will always be there and so will with people calling hacks and hacking. We need a Annihilation group to start thinking of what to do with Annihilation that would be different and fun to do. And not just doing a new map to review. We don't really want new maps with all the maps we have now. We need something different. Conclusion: Annihilation will always will have people not being nice to people in chat and hacking won't stop. Annihilation is fun for me because I like to do videos for it and to play with friends in the game I have made. I might get mad at times at people because we get strengthed raided by 10 people with strength 2, gopples, diamond armor, good swords and regen. I hate it, but it feels good to do that to a team but isn't fun to the team that is getting raided. Annihilation will never be the same, but we can come up with ideas or the Shotbow staff will.

This might be a little repetitive as you read the paragraph. I just feel like I needed to say this. Have a nice day everyone and play Shotbow in a new, fun exciting way.
    Fluffoon and Kazumii_ like this.
  15. Not_Botifier Gold

XP:
    18,455xp
    I would agree... but then you would have no clue what the heck is going on
    just do /chat mute {name}
  16. Galap Developer

XP:
    2,169,215xp
    Just to reiterate, although that's a viable option to minimise your exposure to 'trash talk', again, it's not the purpose of this thread, I directed this concept at those who get that emotional to the point that they no longer think of annihilation as a game, just like gambling addicts. It's the idea of 'don't only arrest the people who buy drugs, stop the source and then there's no where to obtain it'; note: that's hypothetical and does not represent real life :stuck_out_tongue:
  17. Braiti Platinum

XP:
    87,241xp
    I would suggest removing the "All" chat in Annihilation. Seriously all people use it for is bash other teams and spam people to report some random player that may or may not be actually hacking.

If people want to report a hacker we have /report for a reason. Also don't they have the ability to create a "clan" chat in-game or is that just me.

Wait they might as well remove chat entirely in Annihilation if they had a clan chat or just give people the ability to make their own private chats since you only really talk to people you know anyways. This would also solve the problem people have with people just speaking in Spanish.

I don't know... but I think it would make Annihilation less annoying.
  18. Dinohoot8 Platinum

XP:
    484,663xp
    Maybe add a ignore command for where you could just mute that person for that game only.
    Kazumii_ likes this.
  19. Keyboard Platinum

XP:
    213,353xp
    If only there was a command that existed, something like /mute, solely for this purpose...
    Kazumii_ likes this.