1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Discussion What's the plan?

Discussion in 'The Network' started by squallythewally, Nov 15, 2021.

Discussion - What's the plan?
  1. squallythewally Obsidian

XP:
    403,459xp
    I want to preface by saying this is in no way a dig at Shotbow.

It's no denying the network is in quite a dire state compared to where it used to be. Playercount is at a record low and purchases obviously correlate with this. So... what's the plan? I remember being told that if, financially, things became problematic, then actions would have to be taken. Obviously I can't see the books but the state of the network indicates things could be heading in quite a bad direction.

What happens if it does become too costly?

Is there a genuine plan for somehow reviving the network (with previous attempts evidently failing)?

I think some transparency would be appreciated as I don't want to suddenly come here one day and find everything gone.

Thanks!

2. squallythewally Obsidian

XP:
    403,459xp
    Day 2 of waiting for a reply : (
  3. squallythewally Obsidian

XP:
    403,459xp
  4. squallythewally Obsidian

XP:
    403,459xp
  5. Haykazn Silver

XP:
    12,171xp
    Don't worry, we've implemented some new stuff recently to help bring back our old playerbase. First, we have a script running that checks for the newest Spigot version and automatically updates to that version. Next, we've implemented a new command for our admins (/nerfscout, alias /ns) that automatically adds 0.1 seconds to the grapple's cooldown permanently. You may be asking, how is this possible if the Grapple doesn't have a cooldown anymore? Well, secretly it does. The cooldown message is just replaced with "Unable to grapple." Also, platinums are able to bypass this cooldown, and their grapple combat tag goes down twice as fast. We're also working on buffing some of our weaker classes, like Bard, Swapper/Thor, and Immobilizer. We hope that those underpowered classes will finally be playable once we finalize the buffs.

Thank you for flying Shotbow.
  6. squallythewally Obsidian

XP:
    403,459xp
    1 week of no response