1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Discussion Weekend Preview #3 Thoughts

Discussion in 'When in Rogue' started by lazertester, May 26, 2020.

Discussion - Weekend Preview #3 Thoughts
  1. lazertester Developer

XP:
    354,558xp
    Hello, dungeon divers! Now that Weekend Preview #3 is wrapped up, lend me your thoughts!

1. What worked?

2. What did not work?

3. What do you want to see more of?

2. zoomninja3000 Regular Member

XP:
    45,007xp
    All I really found was that backstab never seemed to work when invisible and only rarely worked otherwise. I am quite interested in the other planned classes though.
    notswipe and LegendaryAlex like this.
  3. Jarool Emerald

XP:
    33,163xp
    I didn't try this weekend out, I was playing too much Terraria with my friends!

I want to see more When in Rogue, so next week I'll try and actually play (I actually had a single friend on during the public stress test and we had enough fun, so hopefully we have more public tests so I can get more of my non-premium friends to try it out, but I understand that that's not always plausible).
    zoomninja3000 likes this.
  4. lazertester Developer

XP:
    354,558xp
    Definitely planning more times where it's open to the public, especially since last time didn't go terribly :)
    Jarool likes this.
  5. JonnyDvE Platinum

XP:
    1,377,883xp
    What worked:
    Jungle is Awesome
    What didn´t:
    Spiders can pass through 1 Block spaces when you hit them and can hit you too fast. If 2 or more jump on you in the same time you are dead.
    Mobs despawn when not rendered, and it seems they also have a timer -> Fighting big rooms safley lets the back of the room despawn due to out of render, closer Mobs might despawn to time. I´d prefer more smaller rooms over a few Big ones. Also if you have a really big locked room it´s virtually impossible to beat without luck (in hard/ironman mode)
    What do I wanna see more of:Custom Mobs/bosses
    More types of Artifacts
    Axyy likes this.
  6. notswipe Jr. Developer

XP:
    168,302xp
    What worked: Jungle is epic, the progression tiers for gear feels well-balanced. Every upgrade feels like an upgrade.
    What didn't: Smoke bomb only works somewhat, mobs will still aggro onto you through the smoke. Like Jonny said, certain rooms are quite easy to cheese, yet other non-boss rooms are extremely hard comparative to the rest of the level.
    What do I want to see more of: Different Artifact types, unique mob encounters, PvP Arena mode, extensive ability build trees.

The base game is amazing imo, it's more a question of tweaking the encounters and adding content now. The little details (like the Highlife CS:GO quotes and loading tips) is what makes it too
    TheHolyMonk likes this.
  7. JonnyDvE Platinum

XP:
    1,377,883xp
    Still waiting on that beating tho @HighlifeTTU
    TheHolyMonk and notswipe like this.
  8. Derek_B Platinum

XP:
    8,622xp
    Suggestion
    There should be different ending objectives then just get to the portal.
    Braiti likes this.
  9. HimmlerCraft Silver

XP:
    6,464xp
    Hi, When can you play gamemode again?

Just got the info that it is re-development.
    Im so excited i cant wait any longer D:!
  10. notswipe Jr. Developer

XP:
    168,302xp
    Check #when-in-rogue on the Discord for updates!