1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Suggestion Website

Discussion in 'The Network' started by elmodag, Apr 3, 2013.

Suggestion - Website
  1. elmodag Retired Staff

XP:
    41,427xp
    Maybe remove some of the ads if possible?

There are just so many, and its hard to find posts sometimes. Ads are literally even betweens some blocks of writing, which is even more annoying. Just saying :D

2. Lucid_Vitriol Platinum

XP:
    41,379xp
    It's not hard, I haven't even really noticed the ads. As far as I know, they are staying for now because they help pay for hosting. :stuck_out_tongue:
  3. elmodag Retired Staff

XP:
    41,427xp
    I understand they help pay for the site, but just look at them. LITERALLY in between things people post in the same comment.
  4. Lucid_Vitriol Platinum

XP:
    41,379xp
    Perhaps their placement is a bit awkward, but I don't think that can be dictated by anyone but the host. :/ They surely do serve their purpose as ads, though! :lmao:
  5. Masacz Platinum

XP:
    62,229xp
    I don't mind the ads really, the only ones that bother me are the ones that come in the middle of posts :stuck_out_tongue:
  6. elmodag Retired Staff

XP:
    41,427xp
    Those, the ones in between a players post and their signature, and the ones mixed in with the gamemodes at the bottom of the homepage. Those are what annoy me the most.
  7. PinkAng3l Platinum

XP:
    30,672xp
  8. RastaLulz Gold

XP:
    13,546xp
    I'd agree that the ads inside of posts should be removed, as it's rather annoying, especially for members who have already donated to the servers - it's sort of a slap in the face.

Some people prefer not to rob others of ad revenue from a service they used free of charge.

Although, I can see how the ads inside of posts would make you want to do such a thing, as such placements can easily become annoying and rather intrusive to a good experience, and potentially turn you and others away. Ads should fit in with a site, not turn users away.
  9. Lucid_Vitriol Platinum

XP:
    41,379xp
  10. Vizod Platinum

XP:
    140,409xp
    They don't really bother me.
  11. minehappy01 Silver

XP:
    9,521xp
    I haven't seen any ads, are they pop ups or the ones that appear on the sides?
  12. PinkAng3l Platinum

XP:
    30,672xp
    I don't use ad blocker on here. I use it on my laptop- which I use for youtube/facebbok etc.
  13. Prophettt Platinum

XP:
    8,067xp
    I don't mind it. I even click ads sometimes, because they can earn money with it, and with the money they can make more for us!
  14. Nero4274 Emerald

XP:
    49,425xp
    I may not click on the ads but if the ads are relevant to what the site is promoting then I'm far less likely to use an adblock on it as opposed to something like "CONGRATULATIONS YOU'VE WON $9999999! ENTER YOUR CREDIT CARD DETAILS BELOW TO CLAIM!"
  15. Pesadillan Regular Member

XP:
    17,275xp
    the ads help pay for the site, but I'm annoyed by the ones right inside your posts. It's makin me scroll so much. And when they put a big ad on someone with a huge signature, oh boy.