1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Suggestion We need a Cube World server!

Discussion in 'The Network' started by mysticmage11, Aug 2, 2013.

Suggestion - We need a Cube World server!
  1. Myrddin Regular Member

XP:
    24,590xp
    Hey guys, Mage here. As some of you all know, Cube world is a voxel-based RPG game for PC that's in Open Alpha. I think that Shotbow needs to set up a server for it so everyone can come together and do dungeons.. Trade.. Powerlevel, etc.

That's all :D

2. K_Lawrence Regular Member

XP:
    13,000xp
    Agreeing with your idea: shotbow could make their own version if they so desired. I would play it...Ghostcraft and wasted can only provide you with so much fun till you get bored :lmao:
  3. XDGrangerDX Gold

XP:
    14,322xp
    Just saing that powerleveling ruins your game, your basically stuck when your level 300 and have only level 1 gear. All opponents will kick your butt.

Also Cube World isnt capable of supporting that large numbers of players. (i think, not sure.)
  4. Myrddin Regular Member

XP:
    24,590xp
    Not exactly. Powerleveling is when you ust keep resetting the world, and Picroma is now trying to remove it. As you powerlevel, you will obviously get better gear. I'm a level 87 Mage for Example, and sure, I powerleved a bit, but I have some of the best gear in the Game. And pvp isnt in the game yet. And yes, Cube world only supports 4-player Multiplayer. But Shotbow can modify the servers to hold more people, and they would have multipule Cube World servers.
  5. XDGrangerDX Gold

XP:
    14,322xp

No resetting the world is not powerleveling, powerleveling is when you play together whit highlevel and good geared players to leech loads of exp from the highlevel mobs an thus you level very rapidly.
    Resetting the world was a exploit to farm legenary Gear. But they fixed it, you cant rest in the inn between 6AM and 6PM anymore.
    Tough your still able to farm loads of legendarys by camping +4 dungeons. Its just not that effective like a quest in a dungeon.

Also the level doesnt mean anything as the mobs always have the same level that you have. (except a few tame ables, such as horses etc)
  6. Mockrin Regular Member

XP:
    4,938xp
    Cube World Can only handle so many people playing on one server. As there is a small player limit. If The ShotBow Network Ever decided to make a server, only about 1-5 People could play on it at once. Cube World has a very small maximum player count. So, i dont think The ShotBow Network Would create a Cube-World server. And if they did, it wouldnt have any game-modes or anything. Cube World is still kind of beginning, and there are no plugins. So i think a Cube World ShotBow Server is out of question. Just giving my opinion. -Mockrin.
  7. Sup_Trooper Regular Member

XP:
    2,163xp
    Currently Cube World is not really something for mini games except if you want to have a raccoon hunting mini game or something.
  8. pick5boy Platinum

XP:
    22,193xp
    This was not referring to a minigame server. This would be regular Cube World gameplay
  9. Prophettt Platinum

XP:
    8,067xp
    Currently Cube World is in Alpha, and the Multiplayer version is really basic right now.
    I think it would be better 'till they maybe made one in Beta or the Release.

(I myself have multiple CubeWorld accounts, but because currently you're forced to make a server using port "12345" I cannot even get on Multiplayer because my ISP blocks that port.)
  10. pick5boy Platinum

XP:
    22,193xp
    The player count can be modded. The client wouldn't have to download it but there are custom multiplayer launchers capable of much more. I've seen cube world servers with 120 people able to join. And they could have multiple servers
  11. Myrddin Regular Member

XP:
    24,590xp
    Indeed. but I just realize that servers are just barebone. No plugins, no way to warp,etc.