1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Suggestion Wasted New Kit or Item: Trooper/Backpack

Discussion in 'Wasted' started by E3MINER, Jun 4, 2013.

Suggestion - Wasted New Kit or Item: Trooper/Backpack
  1. JohnJunnor Gold

XP:
    39,139xp
    When ever I play Wasted (Which is a lot!) whenever I use guns like a SCAR or a PKP I always run out of ammo incredibly fast -I don't know if this is because I miss a lot or something- So me and my friends thought that it would be cool to have either a backpack you could buy from Pause, which could be a retextured watch or something, or a kit called trooper. These backpacks would be able to hold up to 9 items like a car. I thought they could be used for carrying ammo, food and building. I still do not know what would happen if someone died and dropped the backpack if the stuff would still be in the backpack or it would be wiped. Please reply to see what you think and try and improve it

2. ItsHunterHere Regular Member

XP:
    10,076xp
    Actually a good idea, it should be a class. Funny, im actually about to buy the xp for a wasted class and i looked for somthing like this. On death the items should just drop, no bag.
    JixTax and anfiann like this.
  3. olpacker Regular Member

XP:
    14,972xp
    I agree, although less inventory spaces, possibly 4. Because there would be no way a regular person could Carry the same weight as a car.
    anfiann likes this.
  4. Khamul Platinum

XP:
    56,632xp
    This is a pretty good idea. The backpack should be a kit that you spawn in an item that takes up a slot in your inventory (like the grappling hook, etc.) but to keep it balanced you have to open the backpack and take out of the ammo, etc. and put in on your hotbar. If it just funneled out when your hotbar ran out of ammo it would be too op.
    anfiann likes this.
  5. Wingdude100 Platinum

XP:
    19,699xp
    I support the Trooper!
    anfiann likes this.
  6. Megaplaylist64 Platinum

XP:
    18,107xp
    Maybe taking 1 of the inventory slots, and it would just have 5 spaces.Nice for players who always carry an LMG (Ammo-Eater) like M249 or M240.
    anfiann likes this.
  7. Dorminu Silver

XP:
    92,773xp
    I completely agree. I usually run out of ammo when I use PKPs and SCAR-Hs as well. People with ideas like you are what make Wasted fun. Keep up the good work!
    anfiann likes this.
  8. choconinja Regular Member

XP:
    5,262xp
    I ALWAYS run out of ammo with almost every weapon. The slots I use for my free space are: 2 slots for rations, 2 slots for primary ammo and 2 slots for secondary ammo. Maybe I should put one slot for secondary and 3 slots for primary? But yeah. I agree.
    anfiann likes this.
  9. jugularvein123 Silver

XP:
    19,663xp
    I never use my secondary unless its a grenade launcher/rocket launcher, and I only use 1 slot for rations. Food isn't a big problem in the game lol.
  10. choconinja Regular Member

XP:
    5,262xp
    Err, I only use secondary weapons as a subsitute weapon while my primary is reloading. So technically if I run out of ammo I reload and use my secondary until my primary is reloaded.
  11. Dorminu Silver

XP:
    92,773xp
    I just use how much ammo I can find for my primary weapon because I know I will run out of it and the more the better. And if you have like a pistol and you're reloading your primary weapon... That might not work so well.. I just run around in circles until I reload.
  12. TheGlobalBear Platinum

XP:
    52,993xp
    I love this idea, I'm going to make some suggestions.

first idea: it could be a retextured leather chestplate, it would start on your hotbar in the normal kit item slot. while its there it will slow you down, but its the only time you can put items in it, left clicking the backpack will open its inventory. if you right click it you will put it on (its like any peice of armor, so you cant wear a jetpack or kevlar armor while wearing the backpack.) it will no longer slow you down, and the slot it was in will turn into an un used ineventory slot. it has 10 inventory slots. 1 for a building, 1 for primary weapon and 1 for secondary, then 7 for ammo/bread/other crap. so its pretty much an extra inventory, but when your wearing it it doesn't slow you down if it has a building! also, items that are in the backpack don't save when you log off.
    I hope this is explained well enough, let me know if you like it!

-Global
    Wingdude100 likes this.
  13. olpacker Regular Member

XP:
    14,972xp
    Wow,
    And I thought my ideas were good.....
    I still think that is to many inventory spaces though.
  14. R_Sail Regular Member

XP:
    18,690xp
    Incredible idea.
    I like your idea! :D
  15. JohnJunnor Gold

XP:
    39,139xp
    Thanks for the support!

SPREAD THE WORD OF THE BACKPACK
  16. olpacker Regular Member

XP:
    14,972xp
    I hope you don't mind but I put a link to this page on Wasted 2.0
    :)
  17. JixTax Regular Member

XP:
    70,754xp
  18. Jjtt2012 Platinum

XP:
    50,603xp
    I SUPPORT THE TROOPER! You should be able to buy it or have it be a kit though.
  19. FlashFire27 Regular Member

XP:
    23,544xp
    I think its good, just maybe there is a class called trooper with 3-4 slots, and if you want 9 slots, buy a backpack from the pause shop for 1-2k or something and wear it on you instead of kevlar or a jetpack, thumbs up for trooper class/ backpacks :D.
  20. lordstevenson Regular Member

XP:
    64,512xp
    I guess ill be the first, but I disagree. Backpacks would ruin some key components to wasted.

The balancing point to the higher damage/rate of fire guns IS the fact that you run out of ammo quickly, and it is hard to restock. Honestly, ammo is the only limiting factor to the PKP, otherwise it would be totally imbalanced. Also by having to return to shops for the ammo supplies, it makes the 5 larger cities worth controlling.

On a second note, By limiting the number of inventory spaces, it makes YOU as the player manage your inventory more closely. As an example I saw in an earlier post, someone said they always carry 2 stacks rations, 2 stacks primary, and 2 stacks secondary ammo. Now, do you really need 2 stacks of rations? maybe if you are running through mountains and woods it is a good idea... Running through a town? Not so much. Do you really need 2 stacks of secondary? Rocket launcher maybe, but anything else I wouldn't. Narrowing down some of the unnecessary items is a part of wasted that would be obsolete with the addition of a backpack.

3rd and finally, the Trooper class is also not a good idea, not only for the stated above, but for the fact that the assault class would be totally obsolete.

Anyways, my 2 cents.