1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Discussion Wasted in the Coming Year

Discussion in 'Wasted' started by Robertthegoat, Apr 19, 2016.

Discussion - Wasted in the Coming Year | Page 9
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eggspert7820 Regular Member

XP:
    221,001xp
    I definantly agree with that.
    Hydralax likes this.

2. Leatherdevil Regular Member

XP:
    14,595xp
    I agree with everything but one thing. I understand that Jetpacks were quite powerful, hence why they added the Air restrictions, which is understandable but a bit too far. It completely ruined Jetpacks... But making them infinite? Just no... That'd just make people start talking about them again with threads saying Jetpackers are so overpowered! They don't even have to refuel!

I'm perfectly fine with the refuelling part. It added a simple type of strategy to Jetpacks and made you have to think about what you were doing before you dove on a person. I would also be perfectly fine with the idea that has been around for a while, and I've constantly talked about it. Heavy weapons aren't allowed mid air, but Light weapons are. This would be excellent and I don't think much people would disagree with me here either.
    _Dark_Messiah_ likes this.
  3. Eggspert7820 Regular Member

XP:
    221,001xp
    Oh I'm sorry I didn't clear this up, I meant to say you have to refuel. What I meant to say was that you shouldn't have to find fuel to be able to refuel. I meant that the fuel is infinite but you still have to reload it into the jet pack.

As for only certain weapons to be used while in midair, I completely agree.
  4. Leatherdevil Regular Member

XP:
    14,595xp
    Oh, I'm very sorry. I completely misread that. I totally agree with you then. :stuck_out_tongue:
  5. _Dark_Messiah_ Regular Member

XP:
    16,494xp
    I believe it should be as it originally was, Jetpacks can, be refueled by the same way they were, and people can shoot in midair with any weapons, equality. The poeple with PKP's should be existent, were they a big pain, yeah, but they need to lower the capacity of the PKP. but theres the thing, they are a challenge.
  6. Leatherdevil Regular Member

XP:
    14,595xp
    I agree with Tora mostly. Do you guys remember four years ago when MineZ was released? It was also, sandbox. And an awesome adventure to go through with friends, and it was a challenge. Everyone played MineZ. Including most of the biggest Minecraft youtubers out there, because they wanted to get in with the crowd in the new sensation which was MineZ. We need that with Wasted. We need a WOW factor for when people arrive, they get addicted and stick to the game for months. So I think there's room for change. Including with Jetpacks. Now with these changes you need some balance involved, so I think my idea about mid-air shooting is good. And I reckon it should be put that way. I also agree, as with many others. My ideas for balancing the map size and team spawns. There's also a lot of other great ideas from other people that should be included, such as the underground part of the map and secret hiding spots.
    Tora_Kaji and _Dark_Messiah_ like this.
  7. VerizonMobile Regular Member

XP:
    12,234xp

lmao a jetpack fight with me taco and some other kid a long time ago and I die of fall damage

At near the end that isnt my voice thankfully

Edit: Those boxes are not tracers/esp/player boxes they are F3+B hitboxes which is allowed or at least was.
    Tora_Kaji likes this.
  8. Tora_Kaji Platinum

XP:
    72,076xp
    Another suggestion. Extra inventory space, like a backpack or 'pockets'. These would add one or two slots of inventory space. I think they should be EXTREMELY rare. Maybe with a drop chance of 1:100. You should be able to 'hold' the pocket/backpack item in your inventory until you want to use it. When you right click with it selected, the actual object is destroyed and you are left with one or two extra inventory slots. They should most certainly not stack (you cannot use two pocket/backpacks to achieve more slots) and they should be limited in what they can hold. I think only ammo and and food should be allowed.
  9. _Dark_Messiah_ Regular Member

XP:
    16,494xp
    I still believe in midair shooting for all the guns. Just for the sake of equality.
  10. Eggspert7820 Regular Member

XP:
    221,001xp
    I really like that idea. One variable is how long you keep it for:

- until you log off (make sure they don't loose it if they crash)
    - until that round ends
    - until you die
    - or for a certain time (24-48 hours)

I think it should be until you die and if you stay alive for 24 hours you would loose it. Another thing I would add to that is if you kill someone with "pockets" then they have a 50/50 chance of dropping them.
    Just to clarify do you mean 100 regular chests or 100 objective chests?
  11. _Dark_Messiah_ Regular Member

XP:
    16,494xp
    I believe it should be until you die.
    wait... there was a thing like this in wasted? What was it? Cars and Trucks with Vehicle Storage.
    Hydralax likes this.
  12. Tora_Kaji Platinum

XP:
    72,076xp
    I'm sorry. I completely forgot to mention that. I already had it all in my head, I just forgot to post it.

Until you die would be the best option for the extra space. That would greatly reduce frustrations due to loss of material. All of the stuff that was in your pocket will be dropped. The pocket however, would be destroyed.

Your idea on them dropping the pockets isn't bad. There should be an item that you can use to pickpocket people though (Everyone would spawn with one that would be accessible by opening your inventory). If you manage to sneak up on them, you can use it and they will drop both their pocket and anything inside. I wouldn't advise pockets dropping after death though.

Every 100 objective chests there would be a /chance/ that one drops. I think that this object should be incredibly controlled. Two inventory spaces might not seem like much now, but in game it's a matter of life or death.

I think I would have to agree with the majority. Not all guns should be allowed mid-flight. My impression is that there will be new guns added. So hopefully I could clarify that more when the time comes around.

I'm speaking explicitly of inventory space that you can use without a vehicle. The difference would be that you would not have to lug around an animal that struggles getting up hills, and you would also have an extra stack of ammo (or two) that would most certainly help you in combat. You couldn't just readily use the ammo that was in a vehicle. You had to right click, click and drag what you want, and then close it. All the while running the risk of getting gunned down.
  13. Leatherdevil Regular Member

XP:
    14,595xp
    That fight was awful in the sense of that it wasn't even Action packed. You'd have to wait to land and be patient about the whole fight until someone makes a mistake, just like you did. Or they stay on the ground long enough for you to manage a kill, which I personally hated.
  14. Leatherdevil Regular Member

XP:
    14,595xp
    This just gave me an idea weirdly enough. I think before taking flight on a second, there should be a two second charge up. This makes a cute little sound which is similar to the flying sound. It gives others time to take a shot or two without the Jetpacker instantly flying off due to seeing someone, so they have the advantage instantly.
  15. Leatherdevil Regular Member

XP:
    14,595xp
    I understand something like this would need to be rare, but I wouldn't keep it 1/100. I'd buff that up to about three, or, as I suggested previously. Those buildings that'd have some lore attached to them could hold these items, but with a 20/100 drop. Keeping in mind, they only keep spawning in these specific locations.
    Tora_Kaji likes this.
  16. Leatherdevil Regular Member

XP:
    14,595xp
    I don't agree with it being able to drop from someone. It's a consumable item that gives you extra space until the round ends. That should be its description.
  17. Leatherdevil Regular Member

XP:
    14,595xp
    Considering Wasted is a fast paced game, I really don't think a pickpocket option should be placed into the game. Sneaking up on people in Wasted is also extremely hard, and frustrating. And, to keep in mind. If you sneak up on someone successfully, I'd rather kill them than have a unique item such as that. Depending on how geared they are.
    eggspert7820 and _Dark_Messiah_ like this.
  18. _Dark_Messiah_ Regular Member

XP:
    16,494xp
    I can say this, if something needs to be excluded from midair shooting, may it only be LMG's.
  19. Tora_Kaji Platinum

XP:
    72,076xp
    Fair enough. I think Robert was on board for that too. I personally wouldn't mind having all of them enabled just for a test run though.
  20. Leatherdevil Regular Member

XP:
    14,595xp
    What we need as of right now, and I'm sure Robert would agree. More ideas to help balance the game out and make it more interesting. I'm not talking about mass destruction vehicles. I'm talking about ideas such as the one I made about teams, and the map size. If we get more of these ideas out there, there's more to take on into the development of Wasted.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.