1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Discussion Wasted in the Coming Year

Discussion in 'Wasted' started by Robertthegoat, Apr 19, 2016.

Discussion - Wasted in the Coming Year | Page 8
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tora_Kaji Platinum

XP:
    72,076xp
    Those are just mere suggestions. I understand your concern of Wasted turning into something that it wasn't, however I do think there is plenty of room for change in regards to weapons, maps, teams, and vehicles that will not change the complete identity of Wasted.

I enjoyed having many servers to choose from back in the day, but I usually just stuck to the most most populated one. I think one giant map would better suit this Reformation though, with maybe two or three servers. That way players are more confined to a single area and will be forced to fight, instead of going on a server (which has zero players) and being able to stock up on loot. There needs to be more challenge to it when it returns.

Vehicles. I haven't put too much thought into this one to be honest, so I'm not going to dwell. I would like to see improvements and additions is all I will say.

Weapons. Again not much thought, I just used to shoot. I had not even heard of those guns (aside from the mp5) before I started playing.

In regards to teams: I feel that it should only be team oriented if you want it to. The team selection of oWasted was incredibly efficient. I, myself, hardly ever played on any team other than independents though. For the less experienced players it was a good way to learn what the whole game mode was about because you didn't have to watch your back every five seconds. However, I would encourage different suggestions as to how this could have been improved. It very well could have been the best way of teaming, all of the things that were in 2013-14 could have been the best. There is always a chance that it wasn't though, and I think we should try to explore as many venues as we can before disregarding it completely.

2. _Dark_Messiah_ Regular Member

XP:
    16,494xp
    I was referring to like the Warship fleet being like a base/ Hideout, like a place to go to, to either have as a base or to get guns and stuff from. And for it to be as part of the wasted map.
  3. Tora_Kaji Platinum

XP:
    72,076xp
    Right, I didn't think you were meaning a controllable fleet of ships. I was adding on to your suggestion of having a warship themed place.
  4. _Dark_Messiah_ Regular Member

XP:
    16,494xp
    Ahh.
  5. Eggspert7820 Regular Member

XP:
    221,001xp
    I agree that stuff like that would make wasted a completely different game, but a few scattered warships and bases sounds fine.

I think at these places there should be a little better guns than regular towns, like the scar scoped and m79. They should also have more millitary designed placable buildings (enderchests) around the base.

Other then warships, there could be much more military themed places like airports or just Centers like the ones on top of the mountains but bigger. These also would have better guns, and maybe a new item like a first aid kit that gives around 4 hearts instantly, with 1 use.
    _Dark_Messiah_ likes this.
  6. Eggspert7820 Regular Member

XP:
    221,001xp
    Dang it... I missed the 10k Xp. (Not home) sooooooooo sad
  7. Leatherdevil Regular Member

XP:
    14,595xp
    I understand that some naval or sky vehicles would be cool but I simply just don't like that idea, and personally. I don't want that kind of stuff in Wasted. I want it to remain the same game that it was with some extra scenery and advances in vehicles and weaponry.

What I would like to see though is some broken down warships to kind of fit in with the Wasteland theme of Wasted itself, and perhaps add some lore into the game, just like MineZ has. This would definitely make the game more interesting along with being fun and make it slightly more adventurous. I also think that an underground area MUST be added to suit the needs for vehicles on the ground and teams hiding from Jetpackers. There needs to be more cool areas to go around and explore to make the game great again, clearing out those giant forests with a bit more forest themed towns, bases and camps would definitely be cool aswell. Some more advanced and futuristic type of buildings such as Headquarters and more Nuclear Powerplants would also be cool to add to Wasted.

So many cool things could be implemented without a hassle, and probably will come in the near future. But as of right now I think we should be focusing on the normal Wasted, and the important aspects of the game that need to be fixed before we start rambling on and speculating what Wasted would look like if it was completely revamped, which is what everyone wants, including me. Which I have stated before. If we keep our mind focused on these things Wasted will be fixed and playable soon, which is the most important thing in my eyes and what everyone can't wait for.
  8. Leatherdevil Regular Member

XP:
    14,595xp
    This was a bit of a cluster but I just wanted to stress my point of view and I'm sure people will agree.
  9. Tora_Kaji Platinum

XP:
    72,076xp
    I think that in the new map, you should get that old Wasted feel.. with far less forests. They made my computer lag like crazy! That may have been because I was running Minecraft on a tiny Toshiba laptop.. but that's besides the point. Hardly any action ever happened there. Unless it was a DZ there really wasn't much conflict.

I would like the builders to create a ship area. Or multiple, but not necessarily broken down. If we really go back to the good ol' days, the Wasted map really wasn't "Wasteland-ey" all of the town's were completely intact, and I can't remember a time at the beginning of a game when I didn't spawn into something completely perfect. You could count the absence of people a quality of wasteland, that was about it though. In my opinion.
  10. _Dark_Messiah_ Regular Member

XP:
    16,494xp
    True, But most if not all those suggestions are like parts of the map.
    Tora_Kaji likes this.
  11. Tora_Kaji Platinum

XP:
    72,076xp
    (Mildly off topic, sorry)
    Well, little bit of trivia, looking back at older posts. These are the two main songs I listened to while playing Wasted:

Lots of memories behind those songs.. lots..
  12. Mersid Regular Member

XP:
    114,574xp
    Any ETAs?
  13. Eggspert7820 Regular Member

XP:
    221,001xp
    Well that is basically what I mean to say. These places would be just scenery added to the map. Personally I hate the idea of flyable aircraft in wasted. That is one of the things that would completely change wasted. I would like to see these places to be like they were abandoned and out of commission so they would not have the best gear like jet packs and pkps

Maybe this is where each teams main base is! It would probably be best place. These would create more big places to fight, like c17 and Liberty prison.
    Hydralax and _Dark_Messiah_ like this.
  14. Tora_Kaji Platinum

XP:
    72,076xp
    Okay, I may be a little redundant here, so bear with me.

I keep seeing people see that,
    "It wouldn't fit with Wasted" or, " It would kill the whole idea of Wasted.

I /deeply/ understand the want to bring Wasted back as it was. I really do. It was incredibly fun back in the day, and it would be hard to give something like that up. However! As we all know Wasted has left us once. Some say it was because of bugs, others lack of Shotbow members, but it all comes down to this: LACK OF APPEAL.

If we really want Shotbow to bring back this game mode we need to come up with something that is going to appeal to a /large/ majority of the population here. Wasted as of now is gone. We need to accept that. The ideology, that gameplay, as well as the good portion of the players.

What I ask now is that we stop trying to /specifically/ bring back oWasted. We are able to start from scratch. We mustn't try our hardest to bring back something that has little to no appeal to the community. I can relate to wanting to have a map like before. Does it have to be though? Absolutely not! (Correct me if I'm wrong, Robert.) Please, open your mind up to suggestions and try not to focus on whether it's going to bring back the /exact/ feel of Wasted.
    Doctors_Hate_Her likes this.
  15. Leatherdevil Regular Member

XP:
    14,595xp
    I party agree, and majorly disagree. Yes, I agree with you on the fact that Wasted can now be reborn into something new, but a fact that I want to keep mentioning is the fact that Wasted was always loved, until the moment it got bugs. I understand you've just said this before but people loved it, what other gamemode within Minecraft offered what Wasted offered? Nothing, not even close apart from some gungame contenders. Wasted had the turrets, the dropzones, the jetpacks, the rocket launchers. Everything that someone would want, was within Wasted. The developers at that point pretty much left Wasted until people eventually got bored and started to notice that things needed to be nerfed so they could counter the Jetpackers. This is why the community started to roll in ideas, which also got ignored. They nerfed the fuck out of the Mosin Nagant, the shotguns and the jetpacks, which where the fun aspects of the game. So Jetpacker clans would start to leave. There would be a few remaining with the rest of the teams and then the bugs would roll in because the developers left Wasted after numerous Minecraft updates occured. This is why I do agree that Wasted should have new features into the game, but at the same time I don't want them to be game breaking to the point where we have Enderdragon planes that launch tactical bombs on cities which fucks things over for teams and ruins the whole point of Wasted. I don't want to see a fleet of naval units in the sea barraging cities and making them crumble and it being extremely buggy and laggy. We're in Minecraft, and technically we are limited.

There should be new sound effects such as the killstreak one they included in the OLD resourcepack for killstreaks. There needs to be new kits to explore and have fun with, give more advantages and stuff. Some of the kits should be buffed or completely reworked. People have suggested new kits including I, where I mentioned a rocket jumping class which is sort of like Junkrat from Overwatch. He places traps and uses explosive mines to rocket jump, they don't do damage to him. But they do damage to enemies. There needs to be more creativity. More turrets should be added such as ones that inflict fire damage, nausea, poison and more! There's so much that can be done which I stress from time and time again, but we need to remember we're in MINECRAFT. Where only some things are possible.
  16. Tora_Kaji Platinum

XP:
    72,076xp
    We need to start polling. That's all I have to say.
    Hydralax likes this.
  17. _Dark_Messiah_ Regular Member

XP:
    16,494xp
    I agree with Hydra, I'd rather see the original, When midair shooting was a thing, But with new scenery, Such as more bases, more types of places like more prisons, and military bases, but with the original things. Lack of Appeal is something for later on, when its been back for a good majority of time, The original should be the first priority, alongside spreading the word that it is back, and to bring a lot of people, so they can enjoy the game, as we can with them.
    Hydralax likes this.
  18. Tora_Kaji Platinum

XP:
    72,076xp
    My fear is that if we bring back the original, the ones that remember it as a bunch of jetpackers flying around killing noobs for XP won't be interested. In my opinion, I really think we should consider modifying it to better suit the needs of the community.

Would I like to see the original come back? Hell yeah! However, I simply don't think that there will be enough people on the wagon for that. People are going to want something revolutionary that genuinely sparks an interest in them. If you hadn't noticed, there have been about 7 people posting on this thread. Three or four of which are active in in the discussion. I can /promise/ you that that will not be nearly enough motivation for the developers to start it back up.

Again, these are just my opinions. I could be absolutely wrong, but I honestly think that offering new and innovative ideas will promote a greater consensus.
  19. Leatherdevil Regular Member

XP:
    14,595xp
    I definitely agree. There needs to be some cool new things to bring spark to the game, what I'm saying is that they need to recreate the basis first in order to add those "revolutionary" things that sparks an interest in the players. A trailer for Wasted with these new things would definitely be good too. Why do you think I'm suggesting maps with abandoned places, more lore, traps, new weaponry, new vehicles, new types of transportation, secrets, hiding places, forest bases, camps and all those things. It would definitely be cool. Imagine a special facility with a testing lab inside, it tells you lore about a secret turret use to defend from something such as zombies in the past. You find out that it is in a tower, which you need to blow up because the rest of it is in bedrock, meaning you need to enter it and blow your way up. When you're inside you can blast ghast like cannons at people. That's sure to bring some people in, don't you think?

What I'm scared about is those "game breaking" things such as flying Enderdragon bomber planes. It would ruin it, but as you've said previously. We can't keep going about like that. Which I simply think we should ignore those blasphemous ideas until later on into development.

A lot of people still look on this now and again to see what's going on. The only reason I'm posting on this is because this was a large part of my child hood. In England, it was mostly bad weather, even in the summer so we rarely went out. So instead, since we liked Minecraft at the time we'd play Wasted. Which I looked forward too everyday. What got me hooked on Wasted in the first place was the idea of a gun game, in Minecraft. I personally never got to play FPS games when I was younger, but when I found out there was a SANDBOX one in Minecraft, that was hard to even acknowledge, I got right on at the earliest point possible. The point I'm trying to make here is, it wasn't what was inside Wasted that got me into the game. It was the fact that it was a Sandbox game where you had the ability to fly around, gain killstreaks and shoot people down. Who wouldn't like to do that?

I've went on a large ramble here, I'm probably going to stop posting soon until I hear some more feedback from developers of what's currently going on with Wasted. I'm hyped for its release, which I'm hoping it isn't soon. Because I want the outcome to be good. I want to know what's going to happen, what their plans are with advertising Wasted. I'm sure they know about the population issues and what not too, our input has probably helped too. But I'm intrigued on what they have to say. Posting here isn't constantly changing the game, it's just ideas.
  20. Eggspert7820 Regular Member

XP:
    221,001xp
    This is what I think the new wasted should be:

- new classes in wasted, as well as the old ones
    - a new map with things like old broken down warships, mining operations, or just hidden areas like small towns in the forest or on mountains. Of course the old map could just be redone, and maybe expanded a bit
    - new weapons could be added and some new objectives
    - Evening out the game and making it more fair for new people
    - multiple kinds of things like jet packs and Kevlar
    - a underground part of wasted
    - A more destructible environment with things like barrels of gas that explode when shot
    - a couple of small boats in the game, just using vanilla minecraft boats
    - new placeable building (enderchests)

Lastly, each team should have a millitary style place, like an airport, camp, or warship port. The team base should supply some weapons when you spawn in there. There should be a couple more that any team can capture to have 2 bases. You should also be able to capture other team's bases.

(Feel free to tell me what you think about anything I didn't mention)

Here's what wasted should NOT be:

- NO AIR VEHICLES
    - NO massive or op water vehicles
    - Jetpacks should NOT have to find fuel to refuel, it should be infinite, like old wasted

And the last thing: wasted should only be a team game with team based objectives and leaders and stuff if you want it to!!!!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.