1. We are currently offline because we are rolling out a new system to help us defend against attackers. We apologize for the inconvenience and are thankful for your understanding.

2. At this time we are unable to service emails to Outlook, Hotmail, or other Microsoft-provided email addresses. If you are using one of these providers you will be unable to /register for an account or receive password reset emails.

If your account uses one of these providers, you can use the command /changeemail in game to change to another email account. If you did not receive your registration email, you may acquire it by resetting your password on the website once you have changed to a non-Microsoft email.

3. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Wasted in the Coming Year Part III

Discussion in 'Wasted' started by Robertthegoat, May 30, 2017.

Wasted in the Coming Year Part III | Page 6
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eggspert7820 Regular Member

XP:
    161,646xp

2. Surfdog1 Regular Member

XP:
    20,736xp

lol all im saying is this gamemode better be out before christmas
  3. Jeroenhero Retired Developer

XP:
    251,642xp
    Nope.
  4. NotDiezel Regular Member

XP:
    98,136xp
  5. ggShota Regular Member

XP:
    671xp
    I hope we will be able to play wasted this year ...
    I quit sure much players will return to shotbow if wasted is back
  6. YoungRichSnikers Platinum

XP:
    972,881xp
    Shotbow cancelling Wasted is just as stupid like if AT&T decided to shut down their Internet and cellphone services.
  7. ACringyWeeb Platinum

XP:
    35,893xp
    Lmao they cancel wasted, and if they were to bring it back it would probably fail just like ghostcraft is right now.
    YoungRichSnikers likes this.
  8. LegendaryAlex Platinum

XP:
    301,804xp
    Daaamn, ok so Robert is a Wasted developer, correct? I have multiple questions now! No offense to Robert, but is it clever to let 1 Jr Developer take care of a gamemode this big on his own? And if I am wrong about Robert doing it on his own, why does 1 gamemode take soo long? I know that it is coming back this year and that Robert also has a life, but...
  9. Surfdog1 Regular Member

XP:
    20,736xp

shotbow is like call of duty the old games (wasted) were forgotten and stomped out by new games like the gta server. It is a dying server (much like cod) but for some reason developers keep pushing out bad games and unfinished games. EITHER BRING BACK OLD GAMEMODES OR LET THE SERVER DIE.
  10. Thomas_Dorland Obsidian

XP:
    895,050xp
    Hey im warning you do not bully robert let this be clear
  11. LegendaryAlex Platinum

XP:
    301,804xp
    Im not bullying a goat, that would be rude. Just asking some questions.
  12. YoungRichSnikers Platinum

XP:
    972,881xp
    I don't understand why people say "no offense" prior to their main statement. People only expect some sort of offensive or derogatory comment following that statement.
  13. Robertthegoat Developer

XP:
    264,801xp
    Hopefully I can clear a few things up...

1. Doc and I are working cooperatively on Wasted. As you may or may not know, Doc is also committed heavily to MineZ. The time he has put into that game is extensive. While we are committed to Wasted, we do not have the resources to be exclusively dedicated to one game. Previous posts explain this in a bit more depth.

2. I take no offense to Alex's question. I am not up to the task on my own at the present time. I am a junior dev in part because at the present time, my projects have not required any in-depth integration into Shotbow's existing systems, and I am still largely unfamiliar with them. I hope your concerns there will rest with Doc's involvement in the project.

3. The point about MTA is irrelevant. MTA entered as a separate acquisition/merger of Gameblade by Shotbow, and with it came a dedicated developer for it. It had precisely 0 impact on Wasted's development.

4. I need to say this: "This is a dying server" is one of the most frustrating statements to read. Not whether or not you believe it personally, but why, rather, would you then spend your time hanging around a "dying" server? Its not helpful, nor constructive, nor an even mediocre use of your time. Its a waste; Wasted hours are best saved for now.

I don't wish to pick at anyone in particular, however. By and large, it has been a great deal more time than we had hoped to bring back a Wasted mode. There haven't been many updates lately either; not much to say. Pulling the "we didn't commit to any date" card doesn't help either. The fact of the matter is, we haven't been able to dedicate nearly as much time as we had planned for towards Wasted. We've made gains here and there, but we're still a ways from having a game for testing. I am sorry that this is what I have to report, I wish I could offer something a bit more optimistic. We're in no way dropping the project, but bear in mind we still cannot commit to a date.

Pending upcoming meetings, I hope to make a more official post on Wasted's near-future plans within the next two weeks. I can at least speak for myself when I say I know I want this to happen at least as much as anyone here, and I'm doing everything I can to ensure we deliver Wasted. Thanks to everyone who has stuck around here. I know plenty of former Wasted players itching to play, but with no interest in the forums. Its nice to see some familiar, friendly faces here from time to time!
  14. LegendaryAlex Platinum

XP:
    301,804xp
    Understood
  15. JanHaffa Regular Member

XP:
    19,547xp
    you guys are so good at making excuses, just do it already
  16. YoungRichSnikers Platinum

XP:
    972,881xp
    This happens because random admins, most not being directly involved with Wasted telling us some random month or season for it's rerelease.
  17. Robertthegoat Developer

XP:
    264,801xp
    If you have any instances of recorded of this happening, be it web or in-game, could you please PM me?
  18. Tdiaz5 Silver

XP:
    76,326xp
    Yes! We'll be waiting :wink:.
    TomDreadCraft likes this.
  19. JanHaffa Regular Member

XP:
    19,547xp
    they will never release wasted again, as what doesn't bring in the big bucks doesn't matter to shotbow. don't lie to us admins just stop. for the people who cared and loved everything about wasted, we don't deserve this treatment.
    YoungRichSnikers likes this.
  20. TomDreadCraft Regular Member

XP:
    7,967xp
    Listen JanHaffa, I understand what you're saying but if they wouldn't bring Wasted back they wouldn't say that they will. Now yes it has taken like what, 3 years already? But that doesn't mean no one is doing shit. Atleast respect the Shotbow staff, especially Robert, for spending their time reading and replying to us players complaining about how long it is taking. I have stuck around Shotbow all these years just because of fucking wasted, now that there is news coming dont give me all this negativity. Be glad they tell us something.

Anyway, I am very excited for the new post you will make Robert. It is just a fucking shame time is being spend (in my opinion wasted) on a gamemode of wasted wich wasn't even as popular as sandbox. Give me sandbox or leave me alone. Haha.

-Henkjan123 (Sorching Phoenix clan I believe)
    LegendaryAlex likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.