1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Wasted in the Coming Year Part III

Discussion in 'Wasted' started by Robertthegoat, May 30, 2017.

Wasted in the Coming Year Part III | Page 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robertthegoat Co-Lead Developer

XP:
    394,144xp
    In addition, the direct cause was related to Minecraft protocol changes that rekt the car AI. It would've taken too much time and resource to try and cobble it back together. Better to invest in a permanent solution that could package new features with it we felt.
    _Dark_Messiah_ likes this.

2. _Dark_Messiah_ Regular Member

XP:
    16,494xp

^ 2013 - Miss that year of Wasted, and what brought you all to Wasted, also, can money drop in random multiples, say 20, 40, 10, 30, etc. ? And cars steered like the original with the Steering Wheel?
    KoenigApfel and CrazySmokerDude like this.
  3. RyansFace Regular Member

XP:
    91,361xp
    How will hit registration be in 1.9 Wasted?
  4. Robertthegoat Co-Lead Developer

XP:
    394,144xp
    Depends on what aspect of the game you're talking about. There was never an emphasis on melee, there is a killer new guns system, and we are certain our cows have military grade steering to ensure precision collisions while driving to bull your way through any pesky player in your path.
    NotDiezel and RyansFace like this.
  5. Tdiaz5 Silver

XP:
    76,623xp
    How about vehicles that carry multiple players? Are there any plans for those?
    KoenigApfel likes this.
  6. Eggspert7820 Regular Member

XP:
    221,001xp
    For my own sanity and for the sake of the new wasted feeling like the game we all love and know as the old wasted, I hope not.
    Seriously shotbow, keep cars limited to 1 person, and please no turrets mounted on cars.

Also, will already existing weapons from the old wasted ( like pkps and those guns ) be using the same tools? ( like a scar h was an iron axe ) I'm wondering for texture pack purposes.
    ItzRemi and _Dark_Messiah_ like this.
  7. ItzRemi Platinum

XP:
    54,773xp
    Wasted was probably my favorite game on minecraft ever. I quit when I found that it was gone, and I had been playing wasted more than 4+ years I think. Back in the day when you could jetpack and shoot from your guns. When 100 people at a time would play. Nothing can bring those back, but just like most people, we REALLY just want to see some of the old cities and towns from the old map. Like City 17, Mona, Liberty Prison, etc. If there is anyway just to get some of those towns in there, would mean the world to the true OG's.
  8. JanHaffa Regular Member

XP:
    20,041xp
    I feel you remi. can't wait to jetpack fight you once again! (Tacoequalslife)
  9. Eggspert7820 Regular Member

XP:
    221,001xp
    Many people have asked this, and i tell you, it's not going to happen with an entire city, maybe small Easter eggs, but I'm sorry, it's not gonna happen. Robert has said this many times, so there is no point in asking.
    He has said that there might be events that use parts of the old map, but that's it.
  10. KoenigApfel Regular Member

XP:
    94,770xp

this is so nostalgic..
  11. beezyo Regular Member

XP:
    3,145xp
    I dont think people need to worry about City 17. There will always be a hotspot for players on any map. With or without City 17. I only hope the best for wasted and I hope it gets filled with players again.
  12. _Dark_Messiah_ Regular Member

XP:
    16,494xp
    As you are stating, optimism is the best way for success, friend.
  13. BowspamUToDeath Platinum

XP:
    761,499xp
    I like how Shotbow added Civ War but still didn't re add wasted which was a major reason for many player's departure. It's sad to see that Shotbow has a fetish of removing old popular games and are replacing them with less popular games and losing players as a result. :zbanghead:
  14. Robertthegoat Co-Lead Developer

XP:
    394,144xp
    As I stated in my posts, Wasted gamemodes are in development. Because Civ-War is developed by its own team, its presence and development bears no impact on Wasted.
  15. _Dark_Messiah_ Regular Member

XP:
    16,494xp
    That's some great logic! No, but seriously, that's a very bold assumption.
  16. BowspamUToDeath Platinum

XP:
    761,499xp
    Many popular games such as Ghost, Wasted, and Gun Game have been removed and replaced with other games like MTA that in no way can match the player count of the previous games.
    LegitNube likes this.
  17. sumbichesyo Platinum

XP:
    540,286xp
    I'm confused as to if you're serious or being sarcastic.
  18. Tdiaz5 Silver

XP:
    76,623xp
    First sentence sarcastic; he is mocking the other guy, because his logic seems pretty flawed in multiple respects. In his second sentence, Legit says 'No, but seriously', indicating a serious statement.
  19. Eggspert7820 Regular Member

XP:
    221,001xp
    This thread is in no way about feedback for control...
    How about we try to stay on topic
    LegendaryAlex likes this.
  20. Tdiaz5 Silver

XP:
    76,623xp
    The title does not read 'Exclusively about Wasted: Control in the coming year', no?
    The way I see it it is a thread about the progress around Wasted. Primarily about Wasted: Control, since that is the upcoming gamemode, and thus a more urgent matter, but not exclusively.
    I think that there is more weight attached to Wasted: Sandbox, since a lot of the people here on the forums primarily played that version, including me. A lot of us have played it for years, while Wasted: Control was only around for a shorter term. Therefore there might be more concerns about that gamemode.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.