1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Wasted in the Coming Year Part II

Discussion in 'Wasted' started by Robertthegoat, Jul 18, 2016.

Wasted in the Coming Year Part II | Page 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Low_Ping Platinum

XP:
    204,736xp
    Tonkotsuramen921 likes this.

2. Robertthegoat Co-Lead Developer

XP:
    394,144xp
    Keep in mind, the old map is from here on irrelevant to discussion.
  3. Low_Ping Platinum

XP:
    204,736xp
    Just wanted it for.... nostalgia
  4. Leatherdevil Regular Member

XP:
    14,595xp
    Robert, I'm curious. Will there be a new map, I just think it will suit a new Wasted far much better, or should I say recreation?
  5. Leatherdevil Regular Member

XP:
    14,595xp
    It'd be good to have some kind of map where there is a bit more water involved, with some underwater or coastal terrain and structures. It would add a bit more quality to the game when it does come out. In addition to the other areas not covered such as forest encampments and underground scenery and buildings, such as the large tunnel that everyone wants to see. We even got to see some built structures inside mountains back in Wasted but they were not fully fledged out. Another good example is the barrier on the mountain that blocked the floor of water stored upon the mountain, there was even some loot in there which was fascinating.

I'm just hoping for a Wasted that appeals to a lot of players.
    eggspert7820 likes this.
  6. Eggspert7820 Regular Member

XP:
    221,001xp
    Please keep city 17 :heart:
  7. Robertthegoat Co-Lead Developer

XP:
    394,144xp
    A new map was confirmed almost a year ago :)
    Tonkotsuramen921 and Hydralax like this.
  8. Eggspert7820 Regular Member

XP:
    221,001xp
    I mean the actual city
  9. Eggspert7820 Regular Member

XP:
    221,001xp
    I've seen that this thread has kind of gone dead. Developers, ask for our opinion about any last minute ideas! The rest of us, think of finishing touches! If it is too late to add anything, I can see why people are inactive on this thread.

Here are some of my finishing touches:

- If a person gets the diamond without any team or group, they get around 250 xp. If they get it with a group/team, they get 150 xp and each teammate gets 50 xp
    - a certain class like engineer can speed up the diamond by around 5 to 10 minutes, can be done once per round.
    - parking lots that cars spawn in
    - spread out, less concentrated objectives across the map
    - cars get damaged by running into walls at high speed
  10. Robertthegoat Co-Lead Developer

XP:
    394,144xp
    We're still open to input on virtually everything, this *is* the planning phase. I guess short of taking prisoners, there's not much I can do if people don't want to share their ideas.
  11. Eggspert7820 Regular Member

XP:
    221,001xp
    How can this be the planning phase, I thought wasted was almost done, with like 1 month to finish
  12. Robertthegoat Co-Lead Developer

XP:
    394,144xp
    Where did you hear that from? As I said in this thread, the project is progressing. There's still much to do.
    Tonkotsuramen921 and Hydralax like this.
  13. Eggspert7820 Regular Member

XP:
    221,001xp
    In January someone, I forget who but they were in the wasted team, told me the project would take 5 to 6 months.
  14. Leatherdevil Regular Member

XP:
    14,595xp
    ===============================================================================================================

Map Layout / Design

I've been thinking about this topic for a while now, and no one seems to be discussing it too much. So I thought I'd give my views, and insight on what the new coming map will be like.

Map criteria:

In my opinion, the map needs to be more diverse. This means that there should be completely new aspects focused on and no previous towns included. We need something to spice things up a bit! The last map got quite miserable really quickly from my point of view. All the map really focused on was dense landscapes and the coverage of town and city scales. There was no differences where ever you went on the map apart from the odd structures such as the ones saw across roads, or along mountains. And Liberty Prison. There needs to be something added to the forests, they were way too dense and was just a filler to make the landscape more detailed. In the long term, it just caused lag and wasn't very fun to go through. We need towns within the forests, and better ways to traverse through it. There can be roads leading into the forest going from town to town, the towns within the forests can have their own unique designs too! And it doesn't just have to be towns covered within the forests. There can be army bases and checkpoints within the forests. A good example of this is from Star Wars, the planet Endor. That outpost displayed is a good idea of what could be placed within the forests.

Another idea that sparks to mind is larger structures that don't have to be cities or towns. Something that allows better transportation such as the Motorways. Imagine them going around the place but they're straight roads leading to the cities, not small towns. These can also run through the cities and could act as a crucial part of the game and could also help with objectives.

Maybe include some more water in the map, there wasn't much in Wasted apart from the land bridge going between City 17 and the towns. Which wasn't really a great sight. Add some ports which could act as army bases and another way to spread the objectives. Even underwater coverage sounds cool such as Airlocks leading into facilities and hidden parts. This could even lead to some kind of lore within the game, and could include cool items such as the consumable inventory spot that people have been talking about. This would greatly increase the diversity within Wasted.

Additions:

All these points I have mentioned above don't have to be that much of a large scale either. For example, the water coverage could just be a mountain water leak stopped by a barrier, such as the one we seen in the previous Wasted. But on a greater scale, meaning players would come across it more often. And it would have loot in it and such.

The underground part of the game could be very good to deal with Jetpackers, such as a tunnel and hidden passage ways or shortcuts. Escape mechanisms could also be hidden in the ground and underground which could be a defence when coming across someone with a Jetpack or could even be used as a trap!

This is just something I wanted to cover, I'm sure people have other things they'd like to discuss too. Keep those ideas coming! Wasted is in progress and still needs support from people to keep alive. It's not just the developers that need to work at this.

===============================================================================================================

eggspert7820 likes this.
  15. Robertthegoat Co-Lead Developer

XP:
    394,144xp
    We have a decent outline of what the map will look like. I'm pleased to see some of the plans overlap with your ideas, not give away any specifics.

Here's something for folks here to mull over...

To satisfy certain requests thus far for underground sections of the map, I had planned to add an underground rail tunnel network to compliment a light rail system that will be featured on the map. We would include several stations above and below ground where players could access the surface world.

Thoughts?

(Please note, I am not suggesting this would be an operational means of transportation, this is purely a planned aesthetic feature as of now)
  16. NotDiezel Regular Member

XP:
    99,955xp
    Rail system for fast(ish) and protected(ish) ground transport sounds amazing.
  17. NotDiezel Regular Member

XP:
    99,955xp
    It would be interesting if you could hop off a car and have it ram into something and make a small explosion
  18. Eggspert7820 Regular Member

XP:
    221,001xp
    (a little addition) it would damage the car a certain amount depending on the speed, and if you are on it you too.
  19. Low_Ping Platinum

XP:
    204,736xp

The idea of having a railroad system and Light Railed Vehicles sounds awesome. A way to let people travel faster will provide ways which people can either camp, or ways to get to objectives faster, which will benefit all the players. :)
  20. Robertthegoat Co-Lead Developer

XP:
    394,144xp
    Implementation would be the sticking point on that though. There isn't a great way to handle it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.