1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Smash warning for nothing

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by borther_humpfin, Feb 10, 2019.

Smash - warning for nothing
?

is it allowed or not allowed to farm xp?

yes 4 vote(s) 57.1%
no 3 vote(s) 42.9%
  1. borther_humpfin Regular Member

XP:
    43,002xp
    i was playing smash with all of my sibling accounts afk to grind xp, and i received a warning for "XP grinding". i read the rules prior to doing this, to make sure i was not breaking the rules. can i continue to do this? or will i get banned?

EDIT: i have been given access to xp farm in non-ranked matches, so it is allowed, and i did get a warning for nothing.

2. waltster Regular Member

XP:
    133,890xp
    "I was plying smash... to grind xp."

"I recieved a warning for 'XP grinding'"

Sounds pretty self explanatory to me. If you get a warning, chances are its an implicit rule. Remember that the games were designed to be played, not used as XP machines.

Cheers,
  3. borther_humpfin Regular Member

XP:
    43,002xp
    did you read the rules? i don't see anything against it
  4. TheMelonMan220 Regular Member

XP:
    20xp
    thats really stupid bc its so hard to get xp in the first place, and if u want to get some, you get a warning
    borther_humpfin likes this.
  5. borther_humpfin Regular Member

XP:
    43,002xp
    i even saw a post on the minez thread about a guy camping out at the lost thief's guild to farm ex, and everyone supported him in the comments. but, if i farm xp, i get a warning?
  6. Tozzu Platinum

XP:
    46,535xp
    Its because you actually have to work to get items, so you are able to farm. If you got a warning for xp farming, its obviosly not allowed.
  7. borther_humpfin Regular Member

XP:
    43,002xp
    its. not. on the. rules. did you even read?
  8. borther_humpfin Regular Member

XP:
    43,002xp
    im really trying to understand that statement. in the first sentence, you say, "you are able to farm", but in the second sentence, you say, "obviosly not allowed."(it's spelled obviously). wdym?
  9. _Silver Jr. Developer

XP:
    280,702xp
    Most people who go on MineZ and farm zombie kills are just doing it for the speed potion that comes with the 5k achievement, they're not necessarily doing it for the XP (it's also a pretty lousy way of farming XP, because it takes a lot of setup and it's quite slow).
    I think his point is that farming zombie kills in MineZ is significantly more work than getting a couple alts in Smash, so it generally gets a pass. And again, there are far faster/easier ways of getting XP than that, so nobody cares anyway. I don't really know what the rules are in each situation though, and I'm not here to argue that.
    I think that's called a typo. I'm pretty sure he knew how to spell 'obviously.'
  10. borther_humpfin Regular Member

XP:
    43,002xp
    well
    what about the fact that its not on the rules lmao its what im saying
  11. borther_humpfin Regular Member

XP:
    43,002xp
    can some moderator give an unbiased and neutral response? all i been given is people who enjoy discouraging new players.

and since it looks like my complaint is not simple enough, i was grinding xp, using the accounts i have. i also like the fact that no comeback responses been created. if a moderation doesn't answer, i'll just continue my grind. i do this because it would take at least a year(probably a month without paying money) without help from other people to get a decent amount of xp, and i do this because i have other things to do irl instead of play 24/7. also, if a mod doesn't allow this, i can just farm this broken spot in minez i found for xp.
  12. _Silver Jr. Developer

XP:
    280,702xp
  13. borther_humpfin Regular Member

XP:
    43,002xp
    so it has been decided, i will farm xp not on ranked matches, are you happy?
  14. waltster Regular Member

XP:
    133,890xp
    Requesting staff clarification and lock.
  15. Kingey Retired Staff

XP:
    212,406xp
    As an earlier response of mine was quoted already I'll keep it short and simple. Take into account that this mostly applies solely to SMASH, as other games will have other systems and statistics.

If whatever you are doing is influencing the gameplay of other players, is giving you a higher ranking or ELO or gives you an advantage over other players, it is prohibited. In ranked matches it's out of the question. If you want to go into a party game and spend your time constantly knocking an AFK friend or alt out, then more power to you.
    MTrout likes this.
  16. borther_humpfin Regular Member

XP:
    43,002xp
    omg thank you the only person supporting me is someone in power.
    so, if i get another warning,what do i do?
  17. borther_humpfin Regular Member

XP:
    43,002xp
    i will be going back to xp farming shortly, and i hope my warning will be removed.
  18. Kingey Retired Staff

XP:
    212,406xp
    Warnings do not stick. They are there to get a message across that is very very hard to miss. If you get another warning, please DM me on either Discord or on the forums. There is no need to make threads about it.
    walterberryfinn likes this.