1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Suggestion Vote for Map Tiers

Discussion in 'Annihilation' started by Ganzatron, Aug 1, 2020.

Suggestion - Vote for Map Tiers
?

Vote for new tier on maps

Let us vote 12 vote(s) 100.0%
Na maps are fine 0 vote(s) 0.0%
  1. Ganzatron Platinum

XP:
    51,044xp
    Howdy everyone!

I came back to Anni mostly because of summer and Covid, so I was not here when the map tier list was created. I am not sure if the maps were voted on to pick out their tiers or if it was determined by staff and statistics. However I do think the tier list needs an update. To achieve this I suggest the community should be able to vote and the statistics of the maps should be considered.

Other opinions I have:
    The unplayed maps need to be removed. Clearly I do not know for sure, but I would almost bet there are maps out there that have a 0% play rate. And those maps continue to show up in the rotation even though they were in the last months. Basically taking away from other more popular maps coming into rotation. I think there should be a percentage that should be a cut off. How many times the maps have been played/ how many times it has shown up in voting. I know builders work hard on their maps however they are just not cutting it.

If ^ this doesn’t happen I think there needs to be another tier. This tier will contain the maps that are played(again above a certain percentage of #ofplayed/#ofvotings) it will give those maps a higher percentage of all the randomly picked maps.

If I need to explain more let me know!
    Paolo_24 and Gurhann like this.

2. JeTi_Brothers Platinum

XP:
    366,657xp
    I think your suggestion is solid. Would be nice to get a better rotation because all of these empty votings with maps that (not trying to be rude, hell etna is in there and tbh it shouldn't.) not many people want to play are just wasting resources and time. People just camp the lobby till a good tier 2 map gets around. I hope the list becomes something along the lines of tier 1+2 and then maybe 2-3 rotating maps per month and you can vote for which maps should be added to the next rotation. Maybe make a map voting thread for the tier 3 maps of upcoming month each month?
    Ganzatron likes this.
  3. Maashg Platinum

XP:
    1,205,904xp
    I think just 2015 forum map voting should come back...