1. At this time we are unable to service emails to Outlook, Hotmail, or other Microsoft-provided email addresses. If you are using one of these providers you will be unable to /register for an account or receive password reset emails.

If your account uses one of these providers, you can use the command /changeemail in game to change to another email account. If you did not receive your registration email, you may acquire it by resetting your password on the website once you have changed to a non-Microsoft email.

2. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Discussion Villager Zombies |WHY?

Discussion in 'MineZ' started by 1999rocks, Sep 15, 2019.

Discussion - Villager Zombies |WHY?
  1. 1999rocks Platinum

XP:
    103,040xp
    Villager zombies are ugly, unnecessary and ruin the aesthetic and feel of the game. Why the hell would they be introduced as the main type of zombie all of a sudden and make players who have played for years absolutely cringe?

2. Tozzu Platinum

XP:
    18,616xp

No u
    Braiti and ManHeadRambo like this.
  3. MuffinMinister Platinum

XP:
    65,366xp
    if they bother you that much just use a custom resource pack.

Its really not that difficult to copy paste and rename textures for either of them, someone probably did it for you already.
  4. 1999rocks Platinum

XP:
    103,040xp
    I understand it can be fixed on my end, that's not what I'm saying. What I'm saying is why, it's absolutely useless and is objectively not a helpful addition to the game when there are hundreds of real issues that could be addressed.
  5. DocCodeSharp Lead Developer

XP:
    260,198xp
    The villager zombies is what is left of the people who use to live in those towns. There where once populated by people who have turned and now you see them in the towns as to why they where added to the game.
    connor564 likes this.
  6. 1999rocks Platinum

XP:
    103,040xp
    Ok so it was a lore update, why are there regular zombies occasionally found around the world still, what are they supposed to be? And if we continue on that, so the towns were populated by only villagers originally, as obviously villagers are the precursor to villager zombies? Ive seen no indication anywhere on the entire map that indicated these zombies are villagers and not people. so then how do players exist in the world? If you can answer those questions it will make sense to me and everyone else that have expressed annoyance at the sudden change. Thanks
  7. DocCodeSharp Lead Developer

XP:
    260,198xp
    That will all come in due time. The lore is being looked and reckoned to make it 1 stable lore. So more info on that will come on that when we get close to finishing that.
  8. Trisbit Platinum

XP:
    67,018xp
    While I do agree the villager zombies are extremely ugly, I'm glad the mods are taking their time to flesh out the lore. I guess we can just wait and see where this goes.
  9. Mr_3141592653589 Regular Member

XP:
    22,823xp
    That's a HUGE SWEEPING THING for the LORE of MineZ. That means the following: Emeralds is the official currency, they had no means of holding weapons or fighting back, and it legitmises the existance of pillages, vexes and pillager beasts.

By doing this, you have completely destroyed any meaning in the idea there are gods or even a religion or sciences in this world as villagers are not only incapable of fighting, containing or experimenting on things, but they are known to be primarily CHRISTRIAN by their Churches and clerics.

So basically villager zombies destroy the lore if they are considered the original inhabitants of the houses.

Normal zombies on the other hand, represent other Minecraft Players who have been infected and been zombified, and by their HUMAN TRAITS as they are controlled by HUMANS would legitimise the rest of the lore.

Smh, hope you're proud of how you destroyed the lore of this game Doc... This makes the meaning behind all the updates leading into Origins meaningless, and it also leaves us accepting that the MineZ development crew have no single vision or design goal for the game. Pitiful.
    IvanDoomy likes this.
  10. Trisbit Platinum

XP:
    67,018xp
    Perhaps the developers can find a sweet medium. I did prefer how the old town zombies resembled infected players, although additions to the lore would be welcome. Maybe the villager zombies could be reverted to normal zombies, but the normal zombies could be better tied in with the lore (maybe by giving the town zombies leather armor/wooden swords to make them feel more people-like). This way the feeling that the town zombies were once the inhabitants of the houses could be expanded and the zombie design won't change. It's the best of both worlds! Just an idea, though.
  11. 1999rocks Platinum

XP:
    103,040xp
    Agreed. It's a shame.