1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

No Prefix Vanishing Players

Discussion in 'Annihilation' started by PixelatedCalvin, Mar 26, 2015.

No Prefix - Vanishing Players
  1. PixelatedCalvin Gold

XP:
    174,596xp
    I'm pretty sure this has happened to most people, but I just want to spread the word about this. Randomly, players will go invisible while you play Anni and it has been a major annoyance. You can get killed by an invisible player because of this and you can't even hit him/her back! Please fix shotbow. I veri sad.

2. Rrrepatiti Platinum

XP:
    138,140xp
    I would guess it has to do something with spy?
  3. PixelatedCalvin Gold

XP:
    174,596xp
    It does not. Regardless of class, they will turn invis.
    bellyjellybean, chupacass and blaze81 like this.
  4. YUMMiR Platinum

XP:
    194,558xp
    I somewhat noticed this. If you are near an enemy TP, any enemies that teleport from a TP will be invisible. I'm not sure if this is a bug
  5. ___init___ Platinum

XP:
    19,905xp
    I am pretty sure that it is intentional. Think about it, a str farmer can easily farm a tp with a few str pots if the players didn't have some sort of invisibiity/invincibility.
    blaze81 likes this.
  6. lobstergod12345 Platinum

XP:
    98,758xp
    I think this might be something to do with a minecraft render bug, not for certain though.
  7. C13H16ClNOAddict Platinum

XP:
    280,021xp
    Only juan solution:

rocket jump away with engineer
    Laserpoint likes this.
  8. MCKDaniel Regular Member

XP:
    41,935xp
    it happened by myself its so anoying i hope shotbow can fix it
  9. Aerzir Gold

XP:
    17,897xp
    I had this yesterday, i was just standing crouched on a wooden block, and randonly all players where gone.
    So i just walked away, and everyone was back! - > i splashed invis and we went rocketlaunching, but they where gone in the air, couldnt see them?
    PixelatedCalvin likes this.
  10. xSoles Gold

XP:
    6,119xp
    I was using scorpio and the players always randomly went invis when i hooked em. Needless to say, I got rekt :(
  11. SledgeHammer_ Silver

XP:
    522,529xp
    Same, I was going to report this.
    Regardless of class, team random people turn invisible for a few seconds.
    I'm not saying about players become invis when they come out of the TP, it also happens without it.
    IconByte and PixelatedCalvin like this.
  12. Celariel Platinum

XP:
    256,550xp
    Once I was about to assassinate a full iron when he disappeared, so I ran away. Then when I turned around, he was just standing there. Then he turned around and chased me into the void....
  13. Ivandagiant Silver

XP:
    38,537xp
    It only happens to me when they come out of a TP
  14. 323465963 Retired Staff

XP:
    130,346xp
    Oh, thank god. I thought I was just going crazy!

But in all seriousness, I can't seem to find what the root of this bug is. To my current level of understanding, this bug happens at random. No one action that I try to recreate that led to a teammate being rendered as invisible I was able to do to myself. I'll forward this issue to the bug team, however, if ANY of you have any theories as to what causes this, please make a report here.
  15. IvyyWolff Platinum

XP:
    7,411xp
    Yeah the staff are aware, I'm sure they'll get around to fixing it soon ^^
    I've had it all day
  16. Fattehhh Platinum

XP:
    602,115xp
    That bug comes from sneaking. It seems that certain maps (Had this on Thallos) vanish everything that's moving if you sneak. Stopping sneaking will help with this.
    InfernoTheDragon likes this.
  17. Krafterz Platinum

XP:
    29,034xp
    I have made a bug report on this however the only problem is they can't really recreate it because it happens well whenever it wants, there's no sign it just happens randomly. I'm sure everyone is experiencing this problem
    323465963 likes this.
  18. softsocks Platinum

XP:
    58,983xp
    Yeah it sucks I was in a rush and I couldnt see my friend so I died ;-; (We were both Acro)
  19. littlebaron Platinum

XP:
    11,509xp
    This isn't a problem with anni, its just a normal minecraft bug where entities dont render normally
  20. xnx_ Platinum

XP:
    228,305xp
    Thats not intentional but is caused by a minecraft dsync glitch with teleporting.