1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Website Username change and "MESSAGES:"

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by Omega_Inferno, Feb 7, 2016.

Website - Username change and "MESSAGES:"
  1. Omega_Inferno Regular Member

XP:
    3,654xp
    Hey all, thanks for checking out my post and any advice will be appreciated.
    I changed my Minecraft username from "INFERNOGON049" to "Omega_Inferno", though I guess the website didn't recognize the change. I'd love it to be changed so that when I log into Minecraft it registers me as me and I can earn my exp once again.
    For the "MESSENGES:" part, at the top right corner in the box that says your username and has your avatar, it doesn't stop saying that I have "1" message when I check my Alerts and Inbox, plus I have no messages in both of those.

2. 100PercentHippo Retired Staff

XP:
    336,223xp
    Post on this thread and it will be sorted out :)
  3. Omega_Inferno Regular Member

XP:
    3,654xp
    The first and only person who got their name changed got it changed November 3rd. :(
  4. JUSTGioDM Emerald

XP:
    23,153xp
    Try /refresh
    If that didn't helped, you can maybe change mail and then change it back or smt.
  5. Omega_Inferno Regular Member

XP:
    3,654xp
    Doesn't work, just wish I knew how long I need to wait for my name to be changed on the website so that start earning ShotBow Exp in-game. :/
  6. 100PercentHippo Retired Staff

XP:
    336,223xp

The admins clean up and delete the posts on that thread that have been fixed. If you post there the admins will know this is your issue, and will help you with it.
  7. Omega_Inferno Regular Member

XP:
    3,654xp
    Alrighty, thanks! So the only question left is what message the "MESSENGES" mean at the top left corner of the page where your account info is.
  8. 100PercentHippo Retired Staff

XP:
    336,223xp

By having 1 message, do you mean that one or both is highlighed orange? For me it typically doesn't show a number of messages, it just turns orange. If the buttons are black, it typically indicates that I have no messages/alerts. For me when I click on the button and view the alerts or the messages (corresponding to which button I pressed) the button goes black again. Is it this that is not working for you?
  9. Omega_Inferno Regular Member

XP:
    3,654xp

I have a orange "5" next to the black word "MESSENGES" . I haven't gotten' mail yet but I get Alerts, though once I check them the number doesn't decrease.
  10. 100PercentHippo Retired Staff

XP:
    336,223xp

OH! That indicates the number of messages you've posted on the forums, so that shouldn't ever go down :stuck_out_tongue:
    If you ever get an alert, either the inbox or alerts buttons with turn orange, and those are the ones that should change back to black once you've viewed them.

Glad to clear that up, and hope you get your username sorted out soon :D
  11. Omega_Inferno Regular Member

XP:
    3,654xp

OOOOHHH, haha! Alright, that's funny as ever, I couldn't figure out what the heck it was, thanks!

Also I did get my Username sorted out by the kind staff of the community. :)
    MTrout likes this.