1. Check out our Valentine cosmetic content in the Shotbow Shop and spread the love! <3

Update Update: Potion Loot

Discussion in 'MineZ' started by Marine_PvP, Jan 26, 2018.

Update - Update: Potion Loot
  1. Marine_PvP Administrator

XP:
    125,819xp
    [IMG]

Hey everyone! The other day the loot tables for potion chests were reviewed and tweaked a little bit.

Potion chests have received tweaking:
    -Drink Is no longer spawn in pots_uncommons.
    -Drink IIIs have a higher chance to spawn in pots_rares.
    -Splash IIs have a lower chance to spawn in pots_rares.
    -Golden apples have a lower chance to spawn in pots_rares.
    -More pots_rares have been placed across the map. This includes some old and a few new locations. (Do not go to Outpost Adera. Nothing is there!)

This will provide more balanced and satisfactory potion loot in general. There will definitely be more tweaks. Therefore I'd love to hear your opinion on these new loot tables.

This is just a start of our loot update. We have more loot changes to make. If you have any suggestions or ideas regarding our current loot system, please let us know!

2. zackcolejost Silver

XP:
    117,263xp
    i will now go to outpost adera
    gud update
  3. Nalacion Emerald

XP:
    108,675xp
    Marine_PvP likes this.
  4. ACrispyTortilla Platinum

XP:
    114,031xp
    Glad to see this going on, instead of the willynilly random getting-rid-of-potrares we've been seeing as of late.
    Aexon and IvanDoomy like this.
  5. Goliac Silver

XP:
    163,295xp
    Thanks for the update, something we really needed.
    Aexon likes this.
  6. RogueFlame1 Regular Member

XP:
    200,554xp
    Thanks for listening to the community on this one! Our appreciation can not be overstated! :)
    ROBMM likes this.
  7. LegendaryAlex Gold

XP:
    168,496xp
  8. MTrout Platinum

XP:
    155,523xp
    To be completely honest, I feel like this update wasn't quite done in the way I would personally want. But who knows... maybe everyone else is super excited about this. :lmao: And don't get me wrong, I'm glad for any update that happens. :stuck_out_tongue:

I personally liked having drink Is in pot_uncommons. It gave drink IIs slightly higher value. I saw having drink I's in uncommon chests as a way to balance the fast respawn of chests and the large number of chests (like at Al Hasa). Despite having drink I's spawn in uncommon chests, however, it was still fairly quick to get an inventory of drink IIs--this is why drink I's weren't particularly annoying to me when I found them in uncommon chests.

I consider drink IIIs to be only slightly better than a drink II, so I see this as a major nerf to pot_rares. Then again, I'm not sure how much the chances for splash IIs and golden apples were lowered, so I can't exactly judge quite yet. I suspect this nerf was intentional as a way to allow more pot_rares across the map, but I still think that the old pot_rares would have been fine to use (since they were kind of bad in my opinion). As far as I could tell, they respawned insanely slowly and I seemed to get splash Is the vast majority of the time. Basically, if I had the choice of two pot_uncommons or one pot_rare, I would have chosen the pot_uncommons so I get more drink IIs at a faster rate.

I don't really care much about pot_rares myself, but I think the community is quite happy about this. Thanks! :D

Overall, I'm still glad that there are changes made to ease the community's unhappiness about pot_rares. Thanks to everyone who worked on this... let's see where it goes next!
  9. ArsMagia Platinum

XP:
    78,792xp
    At first, thank you for removing drink 1 from pot_uncommon, i have a question.
    I wonder this nerf is really needed? many people are already do not have enough splash for dungeons and bandit.
    For that reason, please do not make so many pig spawner rooms in the dungeon like last maze of the Chime cave.
    Talef, Aexon and MTrout like this.
  10. cyclone_43 Silver

XP:
    54,681xp
    Could you make it if you brew drink 3's into splash 3's with a gun powder?
    Talef and MTrout like this.
  11. ACringyTortilla Platinum

XP:
    93,117xp
    Like this a lot! 1 thing i'd suggest is keeping the splash II's the same since they are really hard to find nowadays. Yes, people think it may be overpowered but isn't everyone equal? We all have the same chance to get the same things?
    Talef and cyclone_43 like this.