1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Update: Gold Nametags, Giant AI, and Balanced Armor

Discussion in 'MineZ' started by Andrew_64_MC, Aug 12, 2017.

1. Andrew_64_MC Retired Staff

XP:
    715,884xp

Greetings
    Just have a few more updates that I think y'all will like. Additionally I'd like to mention that our developer DocCodeSharp has been hastily cleaning up and tackling issues in our code to try to reduce lag. Although we have not fully concurred it, we believe we are getting there and every day brings new excitement as we see how well servers hold up with our improvements.

Gold Nametags
    Finally they are back. Not much else to say here other than anyone who purchased a gold nametag can finally show off their glory once again. Feel free to purchase yours here. Oh, and don't forget Bandit and Healer tags will be returning very soon. We've decided and they're going to look something like this:

[E] Andrew_64_MC [Bandit]
    [E] Andrew_64_MC [Healer]

Giant AI
    We are continuing to perfect giants and have adjusted their artificial intelligence some more. They will now stay looking at and follow who they are agroed to as well as travel up and down changes in elevation. Better watch out!

Balanced Armor
    As brought up here, armor values needed a little tweaking to make every piece of armor actually valuable in their own way. So what have we done, exactly that! Check below to see exactly what we've done. Looks like chain helmets aren't gonna cut it anymore!

Old Armor Values[IMG]
    New Armor Values
    [IMG]

MTrout, Catsage, Thannus and 17 others like this.

2. Goliac Gold

XP:
    318,847xp
    First :heart:

Also, please use a brighter color on healer tag.This looks a bit dark.
    Superbob1000 and JTGangsterLP6 like this.
  3. Mistri Network Lead

XP:
    1,695,816xp
    Doc has been working his butt off to get you guys these updates, another large thank you to him! :)
  4. Andrew_64_MC Retired Staff

XP:
    715,884xp
    We've messed around with it and honestly I don't think you'll see a difference. We're talking a reduction from 12 to 11! Mix and match some chain and iron and you're good.
  5. Cole5slaw Platinum

XP:
    116,195xp
    Excellent work to the development teams and others for getting these things fixed. Achievements and stats after tags?
  6. Andrew_64_MC Retired Staff

XP:
    715,884xp
    That's a big project, but of course we will have to touch a bit of that while fixing Healer and Bandit tags. We will see what's in our best interest as we move on!
  7. ACrispyTortilla Retired Staff

XP:
    168,126xp
    Can you confirm if pigmen spawns are increased/here to stay?
  8. Aexon Regular Member

XP:
    18,382xp
    Why use brackets for Healer and Bandit tag... It looks way better without.
  9. Goliac Gold

XP:
    318,847xp
    Do we still have to kill 6 people to get bandit tag and heal 16 people to get healer tag like in the old days? Or are the numbers changed?
    Also what happens if we are both bandit and healer at the same time? Will 2 tags display?
  10. jinl3e Platinum

XP:
    49,036xp
    I'm happy to see that staff is taking in suggestions more, and that they are making minez more playable. I might as well play more minez.
    MTrout likes this.
  11. LegendaryAlex Platinum

XP:
    449,178xp
  12. Andrew_64_MC Retired Staff

XP:
    715,884xp
    6 and 16 is correct. Also bandit always overrides healer for obvious reasons.
  13. FixGoldNameTag Obsidian

XP:
    3,750xp
    gold name tags are orange and it looks really ugly and not COVETED like it should be (revert back to the more yellow pls?). otherwise very good job
    Centralize likes this.
  14. DocCodeSharp Retired Staff

XP:
    295,987xp

The color is gold. It was never gold before, so what shows will be based on your texture pack has as that color.

prefix += ChatColor.GOLD;

As you see I am setting the prefix of the name to ChatColor.Gold. So its true gold now, not that fake yellow gold it was before.
    Typuzer likes this.
  15. Juy Platinum

XP:
    188,712xp
    Thanks so much to the devs for working on minez. If stats and achievements could be fixed soon that would be great. Y'all owe me a bandage and a few other things in my spawn kit. Also plsss change my forum name to goh. My name was Juy a year agi
  16. LegendaryAlex Platinum

XP:
    449,178xp
  17. ACrispyTortilla Retired Staff

XP:
    168,126xp
    log out and log back in and it should fix it
  18. Aexon Regular Member

XP:
    18,382xp
    Meme_MC likes this.
  19. Goliac Gold

XP:
    318,847xp
  20. Goliac Gold

XP:
    318,847xp
    Old armor pieces will be lost over time.So i don't think it's that big of a problem.