1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Suggestion Unplayed Servers (No Negativity)

Discussion in 'The Network' started by Aydin2000, Apr 5, 2013.

Suggestion - Unplayed Servers (No Negativity)
  1. Aydin2000 Regular Member

XP:
    11,709xp
    Not to be mean about the hard work shotbow network has put in to make these games and servers,but some are a bit unplayed and have too many servers than it should. My point here is to even out the server, for example. There only needs to be 1 server for DBV because not many play on it and it has 50 slots. Ghost craft should have 9. LMS should only have 3 for each map.Smash should have 15. and wasted should have 3-7, I know its still new so opinions for me on that will have to wait. Please tell me what you guys think because ohnestly, isn't it costing more lag and money to be running too many servers that are not needed?

2. minehappy01 Silver

XP:
    9,521xp
    No negativity? If you don't want negativity don't go on forums, cause sooner or later your point of view will be ripped to shreds.
    ---
    To be on topic: I agree with DBV and LMS, the rest I don't believe the rest need changing. Wasted has a high chance of increasing in popularity, GC has some busy times and averages about the same amount of peeps as Smash, and Smash is new enough that people just starting to play it. Besides, I like to see a server that is 75% full compared to 90% (<--- 10% reserved to prems).
  3. Pesadillan Regular Member

XP:
    17,275xp
    I think they are fine the way they are. Any less and it would be too crowded.
  4. Aydin2000 Regular Member

XP:
    11,709xp
    I said No Negativity because I want people to be sure that I don't mean to be Negetive. But i do agree with you on everything else
  5. boogaert Emerald

XP:
    84,545xp
    I think that they should maybe make one DBV 75 slot because the most i've seen on (other than release) is like 40. LMS could lose 1 or 2 servers and Ghostcraft could too. Minez should get another and the rest can be used for Wasted.
  6. Aydin2000 Regular Member

XP:
    11,709xp
    MineZ is fine how it is, I rarely see them full and its mostly 50-100 players on each. It has good even amounts on each.
  7. PinkAng3l Platinum

XP:
    30,672xp
    Well, you guys wanna know what I think?

First of all, Australia needs at least 1 more public server. Only having one is crazy.
    Secondly, for the most part I think the servers are fine the way they are. There are times during the day that they are very low in population, but at some times (5 in the morning for me) they are highly populated, and are crawling with people.
    ovan21 likes this.
  8. Aydin2000 Regular Member

XP:
    11,709xp
    I guess your right,But little changes could be made.
  9. Pancro Platinum

XP:
    39,241xp
    I think that the other regions could benefit from this as well. AU Mostly, has little servers for the amount of people there are.
    EU And US Don't need anymore MineZ servers.
    ovan21 likes this.
  10. Cornss Regular Member

XP:
    5,581xp
    I agree with that too but the rest is fine except 4-5 lms servers instead of 3
  11. ZomBry Retired Staff

XP:
    160,894xp
    There are 2 DBV servers for a reason: Maybe one is lagging? Or maybe your arch nemesis is in the other? DBV only takes little Ram as compared to MineZ or Wasted. (Wasted has 92G of Ram....)

DBV is an unplayed game mode but to DECREASE the servers to one? That is BS for the regular DBV players. Lag affects US the most due to if the server is lagging, we won't be able to jump.

While DBV is unplayed, it is fun for me and some few others. It is the ONLY gamemode that doesn't require pvp or pve.

DBV does not take lots of RAM so it does not cost that much compared to 2 Wasted Servers.

I am not sure about Ghostcraft or the others as I do not really play them that often so I have no idea what is the situation as of now.
    Glitchyy and ovan21 like this.
  12. Tajadas Regular Member

XP:
    11,416xp
    Personally I don't think its fair that those hundreds playing wasted or other more commonly played games are denied less lag or another server in order to service the mere dozens of those playing DBV. Its true that DBV servers are cheaper and easier to maintain but getting rid of one (or both) would at least help ease the pain (or cost) of having to service the more widely popular minez, wasted, and gc games

That being said i get where youre coming from being those few that just one particular gametype. it's really up to the staff whether or not to choose majority vs minority, and i can see why its not fair to dbv players to shut it down (or remove a server). And you brought up a really interesting point: dbv is the only gametype that doesnt involve pve or pvp. and that's really scary.
  13. ZomBry Retired Staff

XP:
    160,894xp

Its true that DBV servers are cheaper and easier to maintain but getting rid of one (or both) would at least help ease the pain (or cost) of having to service the more widely popular minez, wasted, and gc games

getting rid of one (or both)

That is crossing the line. There are only 2 DBV servers and by removing both, they ruined a game mode.

DBV has ~30 ppl on each server at noonish, that is 5 dozens of people that are playing it. DBV is also good for events as well, as you need to be skilled to complete 3x3.

The costs are very slim to run a simple parkour server with double jump, surfing and other stuff. Compared to Wasted or MineZ, it requires less RAM and therefore, it requires less money.

Death By Void a simple 2 server gamemode actually competing for costs of the massive Wasted servers or the massive MineZ servers. I am quite sure that adding RAM to a Wasted or MineZ server will actually take up more money then leaving DBV alone.

It is the only server that doesn't require you to fight, people can casually play on it or like me, competitively play for the leaderboards.

In fact, I am thinking of making a DBV map to suggest.
  14. Icy_Slice Platinum

XP:
    317,211xp
    I think that if there wasn't a demand at one point, the amount of servers that exist now wouldn't be there. They set the number of servers because of a player count they hit at one point. There may be times when the servers are completely empty but then there are the times where they may be over full and players might have to wait. Better to be over prepared than to fall short.
  15. Etari Platinum

XP:
    51,306xp
    On the point of removing a DBV server- no.
    ZomBry has a point in that if one server is lagging, the other tends to be fine. If I am not in the mood for hardcore pvp action, it is what I go straight to. I would not be at all happy if one of the servers was removed.
  16. Irishkaiser Silver

XP:
    86,479xp
    Their reading their statistics for the short term and they also implement their ideas for the short term. Summer and Winter breaks spike playerbase and their so called legions of players are actually filled with nothing more but tons of alternate accounts and players who quit.

We should never ever remove servers like that without consideration for the people in them or at least properly notifying them as if your players are nothing more but money to be milked, DBV invluded.
  17. JuanDeags Platinum

XP:
    15,221xp
    Yes. This Zombie(yes I did just say that) is the only smart Zombie out there.