1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Other Unofficial Wasted Map Development.

Discussion in 'Wasted' started by zack7796, Feb 4, 2015.

Other - Unofficial Wasted Map Development. | Page 2
  1. Elysiums1502 Regular Member

XP:
    53,094xp
    Epicman du Wurst!
    Komm zurück bitteeeeee ^^

2. Elysiums1502 Regular Member

XP:
    53,094xp
    Are you experienced in making Worlds with Worldpainter ? - I would like to help you guys :)
  3. TechnicalTrouble Gold

XP:
    5,105xp
    WorldPainter is for amateurs... Try World Machine. Although it's pretty complicated to use, the worlds come out very realistic.
  4. vampire_toothy Obsidian

XP:
    86,698xp
    I'm mainly experianced with wp, just can't make super wide mountain ranges yet
  5. Dr_Bosch Modeler

XP:
    51,583xp
    Dont you usually use worldmachine for the terrarain's shape, then put it into worldpainter to place bo2s, make biomes, etc?
  6. TechnicalTrouble Gold

XP:
    5,105xp
    You create the world in World Machine (which as I feel I must clarify, is not meant for Minecraft.), then you export the height output, then open it in WorldPainter and generate the world.
  7. Wingdude100 Platinum

XP:
    19,699xp
    I would like to suggest having cover in the middle of towns or something. Like, rubble from a nearby building fell and you can take cover behind a pillar.
    For Example: [IMG]
  8. Dr_Bosch Modeler

XP:
    51,583xp
    I think it would be cool in to have buildings a slight bit ruined as if war was going on in general. Just rather than having them all in pristine condition, to have the occasional collapsed skyscraper or burnt house.
  9. crabsgod Silver

XP:
    15,121xp
    Or better yet, release the Wasted Zombies!
    It would be really cool if they took the Wasted Sandbox map and wrecked it to make it post zombie Apocalypse.
  10. GangSta_Snowman Regular Member

XP:
    5,669xp
    I say yes do it. wasted WAS literally the funnest minecraft server plugin i have ever played on any server. not even mineplex has something so complex. and its true that the giant groups of jetpack gangs did become a problem. but honestly even though people think these groups scared new players away i remember when i first started and saw a jetpack group i would be shaking and my heart would be pounding as i tried to defend myself with an m4 :lmao:. and it was great when i killed my first one. In all seriousness though make jetpacks very hard to get and also mechs. and a new map would be sweet. we definatly need to bring wasted back
    Croww, Goodrich and KoenigApfel like this.
  11. GangSta_Snowman Regular Member

XP:
    5,669xp
    definatly less forest and easier to reach objectives. most of the time for caches or dzs jetpackers to get to them so easy while everyone else had to walk through loads of forests and mountains. also explain objectives a bit better because like 60% of players had no idea what objectives were. i don't really care to much what it looks like as long as we can get that huge playerbase back
    Goodrich likes this.
  12. Doctors_Hate_Her Regular Member

XP:
    13,577xp
    Can we keep a modern theme to this? I never like where there are maps with modern guns and airstrip, but with everything else dated to the Dark ages. I wouldn't mind a town with older buildings, but refurbished to be a bit more modern. But pleas please please don't make it all Medieval.
    Goodrich, KoenigApfel and Dr_Bosch like this.
  13. Dr_Bosch Modeler

XP:
    51,583xp

Agreed. :) It would look kinda weird to have gunfights on a pirate ship, or in a magical necromancer tower or something.
    KoenigApfel likes this.
  14. Mustard_Bong Silver

XP:
    26,257xp
    Is there no work being done to this, or are we still planning it out? Got a to dedicate, unless you'really bad at organization of files like I am....

Anyway, why not choose a specific place to model after. When Hans and me were deciding what type of place to build, I decided on some sort of island, just to keep things remote. Then I looked for a awesome island with some interesting terrain by the name of thassos, greece(Found it nearby Arma 3's island of Altis/Stratos). Although mountainy, we were gonna edit it with less mountain and some more modern stuff. We also decided on a unique system of a commoner's railroad, and a high-horse supersonic rail system (of course with no working trains and bullet trains). Try to incorporate some good ideas, and mix it up with something unique!

NOTE: I really hate the GalaxyS5's autocorrect, can even correct a word with a single wrong character, but fixes lol and such. Damn samsung.
    KoenigApfel and Dr_Bosch like this.
  15. Dr_Bosch Modeler

XP:
    51,583xp

Im not sure if anybody is working on this... however, modelling the basic locations on a real world place sounds good! :D
  16. gpandaman Platinum

XP:
    124,659xp
    You can turn off the auto correct, or at least that is an option on my S4.
  17. Robertthegoat Co-Lead Developer

XP:
    394,144xp
    Its really nice to see everyone wanting to work on the project as a community. Wasted build submissions are few and far between. I'd love too see what you guys come up with!
    PurplePugs and GamerKon360 like this.
  18. GangSta_Snowman Regular Member

XP:
    5,669xp
    yes. it is great to see work
    I don't know how to do code well, but I could help play test if needed
  19. Mustard_Bong Silver

XP:
    26,257xp
    Its not really coding, we're just (attempting) to build a new map, no need for coders, just people with some brilliant ideas that could contribute to the map to make it more unique. But it would be good to see if certain cities were pretty crazy in terms of a sniper watching from a very hard to reach position.
  20. KoenigApfel Regular Member

XP:
    94,770xp
    Is it possible for u to put single builds in the map? So everyone who wants to could help with building without playing on the same server...

Is there someone capable of doing this? Someone who could be the "inbox" for Wasted submissions? :wink: