1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Website Tutorial: How to Link Images in a Post

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by AlecJ, May 28, 2013.

Website - Tutorial: How to Link Images in a Post
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AlecJ Retired Staff

XP:
    383,705xp

It is quite easy to properly link images in a post. This guide will provide a step by step walkthrough on how to do this correctly.

Let's say that I want to link this picture:
    [IMG]

Step 1: Image Hosting Websites

Go to a third-party image hosting site such as Imgur.

Pictures CANNOT be linked properly by copying files and pasting them straight into a post. The images will not be visible when you complete the post.

NOTE: You do not have to make an account. I recommend doing so, but it is not required at first. Eventually, an error will occur that prevents you from uploading images. It won't be fixed until an account is made.

Step 2: Choosing Your Image(s) to Upload

In the top righthand corner of the Imgur page, there is a shaded box with the words Upload Images.

[IMG]

Underneath are the options Computer and Web.

Click on Computer.

From there, a pop-up screen will open that looks like this:

[IMG]

There are few options here that I would like to explain:

Browse Your Computer-
    This is the main option we will be using. We can then search for the image we want to upload. As you can see, I have already selected the desired picture in the image above.

NOTE: Multiple images can be uploaded at the same time. Simply browse and select more images from your computer. Then click on "Create Album."

Create Album-
    When this is selected, all of the images will be bundled into a album once uploaded. This is useful in many situations such as linking images of a map submission or ban reports with multiple images.

Start Upload-
    This is the final part of this step. Once this is clicked, our image will be uploaded to the web and can be properly linked.

Step 3: The Correct Code

Now that we have uploaded our image, we will be taken to this screen:

[IMG]

On the right, there is a list of different codes. All of these are useful for different things, but only one is relevant for our purposes of posting on the Shotbow forums. The code we need is the BBCode.

Step 4: Linking the Picture

This final step is short and easy.

Copy and paste the BBCode into the post where the desired.

Until the thread is posted, we will not see our actual image. Rest assured that it will appear once the thread or post is created.

This is the final product of our endeavors:
    [IMG]

Abridged Version:

Step 1 -
    Go to Imgur.

Step 2 -
    Click Computer.
    Choose images to upload.
    Click Start Upload.

Step 3 -
    Find the BBCode in the list of codes to the right of the image.

Step 4 -
    Copy the BBCode.
    Paste it where you want the picture to appear in your post.

If you have any additional questions, feel free to leave them in the comments below. I will do my best to answer them!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.