1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Question Transporter changes

Discussion in 'Annihilation' started by Murgatron, Feb 12, 2017.

Question - Transporter changes
?

Should we implement the proposed change to transporter?

Yes 60 vote(s) 58.3%
No 34 vote(s) 33.0%
Do something else (comment below!) 9 vote(s) 8.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Murgatron Retired Staff

XP:
    970,785xp
    Hi everyone,

We're looking at amending how transporter works. Please give your feedback below as a comment :)

Currently a transporter can set an "inactive" teleport, kill themselves and place the other end of the teleport (making it active) at their base. This is commonly used when rushing an enemy base on Castles.

The issue is that you MUST kill the transporter to disable that teleport, otherwise it can be quickly setup again.

Proposed change would be this:

The teleport would no longer have a life timer - it would stay up forever as long as it is not broken by an enemy or you change class. In return any inactive teleports set by the transport would break on death.

This is a small but fundamental change in how the class currently works. We'd like your feedback about the possibility of such a change.

We're working on other updates and balances too, coming very soon after 1.9's release :) this is one aspect however that we'd like to hear views and opinions on!

Allow me to clarify,

The proposed change would mean that if you died your active teleport would NOT go down.
    Infekterade, gunso_, Sevy13 and 6 others like this.

2. Maashg Platinum

XP:
    1,439,119xp
    My new Transporter idea:

-Remove 5 Minute life timer.
    -Add "Your Transport has been broken by Maashg" message, when your TP has been broke, Transporter must get this message in chat.
    -Re-add "You can put slab block on TP and you can teleport with it".
    -Chance teleport sound effect (Murgatron i can suggesting a sound effect in private message.

-My English is bad, hopefully you understand me :)

-Maashg
  3. JTGangsterLP6 Annihilation Lead

XP:
    8,980,143xp
    To sum up what you suggest: You want to remove the only fundamental change that has ever been made to Transporter in order to return to the original version of it.

I disagree, as I know many players who only started using Transporter because of the opportunity to rush a nexus themselves whilst keeping the TP alive when dying. Sometimes it takes several phases to destroy an enemy's nexus. Being forced to stay at one's TP and to survive to prevent enemies from breaking it like it used to be, would lead to a decreasing usage. Remember people want to have an exciting time and not one full of boredom. They would rather switch to another class.

P.S. Destroying a TP on Castles isn't that hard, since all you have to obtain are 2 iron ingots to craft shears.
  4. Jeroenhero Retired Developer

XP:
    254,790xp
    With the proposed change you will be able to rush yourself. The teleport won't be removed upon death but if it breaks, you can't just place it back and do /kill to re-set it. Placing it will take more effort, but you won't have to re-set it every 5 minutes.
    Winfinity, Kappa1234 and Valdaex like this.
  5. ItzKaspian Platinum

XP:
    947,712xp
    Personally don't like it. It basically reverts the changes that have been made earlier. I think it's better as it is right now. Other classes are more important to be reworked/rebalanced.
    colonel_cbplayer likes this.
  6. Hasenfuss Platinum

XP:
    499,568xp
    Do you mean: "...MUST kill the Transporter AND find his teleport and destroy it."?

Ps: As long as you can kill full Diamond guys with 7 hits of your fist (warrior + mercenary) i dont really care about transporters mechanics....
  7. kitpower_ Emerald

XP:
    1,828,366xp
    I wouldn't mind if these changes are implemented. As someone who loves using this class, I understand how easy it is to
    keep a TP on-going with /kill. A good Transporter can keep their TP up for an insane amount of time by just placing a TP
    and moving to a new location, and once your TP goes down you can just place the new one. This change would be quite
    annoying as you would always have to run back to base to set the new TP, but in exchange for the life timer it might not
    be so bad. Although, one issue I see with this, and it happens a lot during Castles games, is when an enemy Scout is
    running around your base breaking your TP every time you set it. As someone who has done this myself, this could make
    TP useless while the Scout is roaming free. A counter for this would be to simply conceal the TP, so maybe that wouldn't
    be much of an issue.

If this change were to get implemented, I would want to see another addition added to balance this out.
    Here is a list of things that I would like added to TP:

- For every 5 people that use your TP, you gain +3 Shotbow XP(Amount can change).
    - The Transporter gets Resistance 1 within a 5 block Radius of their own TP(If they choose to play the boring route and
    protect their TP, give that man an award.)
    - [Potentially Bad Idea] If an enemy Right Clicks your TP to break it, you have 3 seconds to Right Click it again to cancel
    the break(You must Right Click the same TP block as the enemy did. Meaning if they Rick Click the one at your base,
    you must Rick Click the one at your base too).
    - Every time an ally goes through your Portal, they Receive a Potion Effect for 5-10 seconds(Chosen by a Book?
    Effects include: Speed, Haste, and Regen).

Whether or not this change actually happens, it doesn't matter to me. I am fine the current TP class and this proposed new
    one.
  8. ItsRazFFS Obsidian

XP:
    230,568xp
    Great idea tbh, but, don't give them Resistance if the transporter is diamond. That would just be bs to rushers trying to take the tp out, especially if the transporter is OP diamond.
  9. colonel_cbplayer Regular Member

XP:
    15,179xp
    I am not sure why you want the TP class to take more effort.

The only reasons I can of why is either you think TPer needs to be nerfed because the class can be used so effectively that it ruin the experience of others (which I highly disagree, I believe TP rushes are the highlights for both teams involve)

OR you think that currently using the TPer class is too easy and boring that adding a bit of challenge would improve the experience of the TPer (which honestly your suggestion just makes the TP class much more tedious and besides players don't want to stand watch their own TPs all the time).

Let me remind you that you want to revert an already pretty solid class to a class that people did not enjoy to play when NOBODY even ask for a change to the class. What is the point of doing this action? It would just pointlessly nerf a fun and beloved class to play for absolutely no reason.
  10. drewko09 Platinum

XP:
    216,380xp
    Feels kinda lame just reverting a change, especially when you think about how it was changed for a reason, Its probably best if its tweaked slightly.
    Would recommend something like this
    -Make Teleporters take longer to destroy from enemies (Like melon and dirt speed) Would make it harder to just scout in and wreck all the tp's would also let teleporters be used for clutch combat escapes.
    -Make a 5 second cooldown between each teleport use. Would help control the endless flow of leathers, and balance out with the change above
    -Remove duration on Teleporters. Quite pointless becuase you can simply do /kill its just a time consuming annoyance not really a con to the class. Nobody says dont worry that tp will only last 5 minutes.
    colonel_cbplayer likes this.
  11. Haichao Platinum

XP:
    360,442xp
    ITT: People who did not understand the post

This fix has been long overdue. If I'm not mistaken, transporter was never intended to be used this way and the /kill thing is essentially a glitch.
    Winfinity, DutchSurvivor and Miscii like this.
  12. jinl3e Platinum

XP:
    49,036xp
    These are the best ideas that someone never said before
  13. Valadro Gold

XP:
    489,265xp
    Transporter required much more skill back then than it does now. I'm fine with having these changes take place. As a player who used Transporter a lot during the time that I played, I found the old Transporter more rewarding since you had to be more careful about where you placed it, the current transporter makes it so as long as you are alive within the enemy base, even if your TP dies you can easily replace it by doing /kill, which is what the class should not be about IMO. With these proposed changes, I don't think it would hurt the class. It would require more teamwork to place a TP, possibly, but that is what the game is about. For example, you could always have a spy remain vanished in the enemy base and then have a Rift Walker transport the transporter to the Spy, that way you don't run the risk of dying while trying to walk over to the enemy base.

TLDR: This change is fine. Transporter seems too much of a solo carry class as of now due to being able to easily reset a TP if it is broken.
    gunso_, DutchBartje, Miscii and 5 others like this.
  14. HungerHealer Silver

XP:
    19,178xp
    To put it blund I couldn't care less about transporter. Its not that ithe kit is ridiclious gamebreaking now anyhows and its not as useless as classes like healer, sniper etc.
    There are in my opinion more urgent topics to have a discusion about/needs a big change.

I'd liked however that you give the change to let the community voice there opinions on this to make a better choice and whether the community likes it or not.
    AquaKillsWaffles likes this.
  15. Murgatron Retired Staff

XP:
    970,785xp
    We're working on other updates and balances too, coming very soon after 1.9's release :) this is one aspect however that we'd like to hear views and opinions on!
    ripshotbow and AquaKillsWaffles like this.
  16. SimplyFireliar Regular Member

XP:
    11,425xp
    I agree with kitpower. Add kitpower's ideas!
    Winfinity and AquaKillsWaffles like this.
  17. LegendaryAlex Platinum

XP:
    449,178xp

You should make a thread about this, this is gold!
    kitpower_ and AquaKillsWaffles like this.
  18. Potomiru Regular Member

XP:
    17,844xp
    I totally disagree, I played old and new transpoter and the new is definitely better and I found it well balanced. with old transporter you dont have playability, you set the tp and just stay there, fearing that someone kills you... its pretty boring actually. With new transpoter you can participate in tp rush with yout team or help them in mid.

So definitely no, no and no.
  19. kitpower_ Emerald

XP:
    1,828,366xp
    With this new change, Transporters will be able to die without their TP breaking. The only time it breaks from the Transporter dying is when there is only an entrance placed. Once you have placed both portals and are able to TP back and forth through it, you can die without it being broken. The only thing this is doing is preventing TP'ers from using /kill to replace a new one.
  20. VapeIsPing Silver

XP:
    6,166xp

before i came to shotbow I played on a different anni server {very different}
    with their transporter it was a life time one so it could only be destroyed if the owner or the other team break it
    you could also place half slabs on top of them to make it less visible to the other teams {only half slab no whole block}
    and you could change kit once the tp was setup so you could help your team out.
    that server is long gone from my server list now tbh it's still full of hackers
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.