1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Discussion TK half-solution

Discussion in 'GhostCraft' started by Coppinator, Jun 23, 2013.

Discussion - TK half-solution
  1. Coppinator Silver

XP:
    84,400xp
    During a game about 5 minutes prior to this post, I played with warhero381. This guy enjoyed teamkilling so much, that he still took the time to register, so he could see how much he did it. He then announced that he had accumulated -1005 experience. As of this end of this post, he's still doing it too, killing subparchar.

Where I'm getting at with this is that if someone reaches a negative number in experience to such a large degree, they shouldn't even be allowed to join ghostcraft again. Just that number means that he has killed at least 33 people, not including any +5s for surviving.

My idea is to either temporarily prevent, or hopefully ban, people that have gotten at least -250 exp or something like that. Such large negatives show pure intent to harm fellow teammates and, even if only until they become positive again, it prevents them from staying on for too long.
    jetmotor likes this.

2. matjellison Regular Member

XP:
    34,575xp
    If they teamkill 30 times on Ghostcraft, they get Banned for about 1 Week?
  3. jetmotor Platinum

XP:
    39,261xp
    My idea for team killing is that only the one who hits/shoots the player gets hurt, not the one that takes damage.
  4. the_schmoka Regular Member

XP:
    17,994xp
    Like the Wasted-teamdamage? I like it.
    jetmotor likes this.
  5. Gortee Regular Member

XP:
    9,451xp
    I'm probably really confused here, but isn't there a vote that allows people to vote either kick or ban if someone team-kills too much?
  6. Megaplaylist64 Platinum

XP:
    18,107xp
    Hello Coppinator, i think the idea is pretty AWSOME good for taking off the excessive team killing of Ghostcraft if it works like:

-The player that kills 10 players in 1 week will get temp banned in an entire week after.
    -Team killing 5 times in one round causes you to get temp banned by 24 hours from the ban.

May this fix excessive TKers and Tking from the Ghostcraft gameplay.
  7. the_schmoka Regular Member

XP:
    17,994xp
    Ya but the kick is always automatic no matter what people vote and the ban is i belive only for a few minutes. So no punishment for people who not earn xp.
  8. Gortee Regular Member

XP:
    9,451xp
    Okay. Well then I love this idea. It's at just the right amount of T-K's that someone doesn't accidentally get banned, but the trollers in question are taken down quickly.
  9. dunkey4 Regular Member

XP:
    2,791xp
    it has been broken for a while (HINT: Lazer, someone, plz fix this), it auto kicks people but voting makes no difference. And the ban wasn't for particularly long, only a couple of minutes
  10. Coppinator Silver

XP:
    84,400xp
    I'm going to respond to a few of the points here, but I'm finding quoting too tedious at the moment.

Setting amounts of TKs in a set amount of time will NEVER work. Especially for people that play more than others. For example, I get 30 teamkills in one week easily, but mostly because I play quite often. I would be screwed over because a set timeframe is enforced, whereas someone that teamkills 29 people in one day and leaves for 6 days wouldn't get any punishment. That was why I went for the solid negative point argument.

On the votekick, nobody has been banned or pardoned in over 6 months. It will literally do nothing to vote any of the three options. The votekick is largely useless unless it comes during the midday when maps are full. Otherwise they just come right on back in.

On the topic of teamkilling as a whole, there is absolutely no way to 'fix' teamkilling by any automatic means. The only way it could EVER be removed is to have a staff member in every map at all times to give human judgment. I just offered this solution as a means to remove the obvious teamkillers who never bother to get back into the positive point range.
  11. matjellison Regular Member

XP:
    34,575xp
    Or the other way is to bring back the Temporary Ban.
  12. nray93 Silver

XP:
    19,291xp
    Instead of autokick it should be auto tempban for 30 (10? 20?) minutes from ONLY that one server (for example eu ghostcraft 1). That way the same player couldnt TK someone continiously as he would be forced to either wait half an hour or play on another server.
    A thing that needs to be added to complete that though is a temporary betray list the servers. What I mean with that is that server make a list of people who betrayed there the last 10 (or more/less) minutes so that those that tk quit/rejoin and tk again get affected too.
    Maybe a Join Cooldown to ghostcraft servers would be aprotiate (meaning you have to wait 30s after leaving a ghostcraft server to join another).
    the_schmoka likes this.
  13. diamond1 Silver

XP:
    36,053xp
    this is a fantastic idea. it prevents people just on purposely making accounts to lose points and just waste space and data...

why not make it so that if they excessive teamm kill for 10-30 mins or longer they get banned from ghostcraft for 1-2 weeks
  14. AlecJ Retired Staff

XP:
    383,705xp
    There will most likely be a Wasted style reflective damage system. Instead of hurting other players, you will just be hurt yourself when you hit a teammate.

I could go either way on this. I personally like the way the system is currently even if it is frustrating. It makes ghosting a little bit easier at times. It also makes me more cautious when playing. Knowing that I can hurt others changes my mindset. I think it comes down to it is a familiar system and I just like it.

On the other hand, it would stop a lot of trolling. Players would no longer be able to continually ruin the game for others. It would stop unnecessary experience loss through accidental hits and bugs where players can hit others and then die thus giving that player the betrayal or self-betrayal.

I don't know why, but I simply like the current system. It feels good and fits with the game.

An alternative could be this though (copied from reddit and so the text is different):

One other thing that would be nice: a reimplementation of the automatic vote banning system. It would be scaling. The first time you are voted to be banned, it is 5 minutes. The next time is 15. If it happens again, the time goes up to an hour. From there, it can get longer and longer with a cap of maybe 3 or 4 hours. The scale could be reset after every reboot. Players would still have to wait out their ban, but if they joined again and got vote banned, it would be 5 minutes once more. Along with that, showing that there is a /no command for voting would be nice.
  15. qwerty9013 Regular Member

XP:
    1,383xp
    Lets take it from a team killer. I team kill a bit. BUT I'm doing what should be done: idlers. They hide somewhere and.do nothing when the round ends, getting free xp. I mind some like hiding for a mim so ghosts can fail at killing him but going on archeology and going downstairs and using the flame bow as a trap justs ruins the fun. Mabey its my fault for being on archeology but the reason I'm there is to play; not wait while others have fun. I'm babbling on now. In short stop some idlers from idling and at least a few people will stop. Or at least give me the right to.
  16. Coppinator Silver

XP:
    84,400xp
    Yeah, I'd have to say that doesn't fit at all with what is going on here, qwerty. I don't want to speak on this subject, but I have to say one thing. Teamkilling people is cowardly, stupid, and un-productive. I wouldn't give a crap less if they're hogging up a spot for real players to play. They're an idle/camping portion of your team. They're called your team for a reason; they hurt when you hit them for that same reason.
  17. Qosole Platinum

XP:
    10,624xp

Good idea, but we have to take in accidents. I once triple-teamkilled. I fired a Balooga shot into the ground because the ghost was below me. Then, he pounced back up and threw his magma cream. It killed me and 2 other people. Because I hit the two other people (and myself) the bomb said I killed them. Dang I wish I got a screenshot of that.
  18. Mantis_Ninja Regular Member

XP:
    5,354xp

Once that Happened to me but i did not have the BazookaBow.Instead i used a Nade and it hit Two people and i got blamed and i got hit by a BazookaBow arrow.