1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Suggestion Tip Updates

Discussion in 'MineZ' started by Captain_End, Aug 20, 2016.

Suggestion - Tip Updates
  1. Captain_End Platinum

XP:
    50,010xp
    I just think there's an in-game tip that doesn't belong, and then there's the tips that should be there because they'd help new players overall.
    First of all, we've got the tip that says "TIP: Having trouble living? Move more slowly to attract less zombies, and most importantly, try to make friends who will watch your back!" (or something along those lines). There's one huge problem with this one, and that's the fact that you can hardly ever make friends in this game without joining a clan. You know what that means? The tip should instead say "TIP: Having trouble living? Move more slowly to avoid attracting zombies, and if you need helpful allies, join a clan!"
    We've also got no tip that says when chests respawn (which is after a tip pops up). So, "TIP: Each time you see a tip like this, chests nearby you respawn. Some chests take two tips to spawn, and others require you to be a certain distance away from it."
    Then, we also need to make sure the reckless crowd understands the game (seriously though I've tried introducing friends to this game and the first thing they say is "How do I spawn" and not "What's important that I need to know before spawning?"). This is done by "TIP: Do you know what you're doing? Read the signs at spawn for a quick overview of what everything does different from vanilla Minecraft, and don't forget to check www.minezmap.com for a map of the world!" (yes I know there's another tip that talks about the map, and I think the map is important enough to have two tips show that it exists).
    Thoughts, ideas, etc.?
    EDIT: It's much more organized to make these tips come in the form of a list, and some have also been revised. TL;DR Add these tips in to MineZ, Shotbow!
    "TIP: Having trouble making friends? Head on over to the Teamspeak server and chat with people at ts.shotbow.net"
    "TIP: Each time one of these tips pop up in your chat, chests respawn near you. Some chests require players to be a certain distance away, while others require players to wait for two tips." (I notice this one has none of the Shotbow "format" in the tips, where it asks an open-ended question that you may be asking yourself and then shows where you can find that answer or something along those lines, but the same thing applies to "TIP: Glitching with blocks is bannable." Maybe we could update that one to follow that same format, as well as this one?)
    "TIP: Hasty? It's actually best to avoid moving as fast as possible most of the time, just walking by attracts less zombies and conserves your food, too."
    "TIP: Are you sure you know what you're doing? Make sure you read the signs at spawn, and make sure to check out www.minezmap.com for a full map of the world!"
    Sam_F_, Thannus, wmn and 2 others like this.

2. bryanloh Platinum

XP:
    275,629xp
    As for that tip u mentioned, hmm
    I don't really know what you're talking about, i play on MineZ ( when i have the time ) and i still make new friends every time i go to Al Hasa who would do dungeons with me just for the fun of it, people who gives out giant loot at Al Hasa and even share gear and food, you obviously haven't played enough to know that many people tend to be at Al Hasa most of the time. And who said you need to join a clan to make friends :lmao:

Instead of changing that tip, they should probably add one for you " Feeling lonely and not making friends, head over to TS at 【IP】"

As for the tips not saying chest spawning? Sir do u even know what a tip is, tips are not meant for indicating a chest has respawned and go grab it, it's more like giving the new players clue/hint of the gameplay, like killing giants, warning of bandits etc etc. And tips are not really reliable for chest spawning. And tbh, i don't feel a need for a chest respawn indicator because waiting for the chest to respawn is part of the game.

As for what's important that they need to know before spawning? Sir i don't know the last time u visited spawn, but there always has been signs/item frames giving tips about how different the game is compared to vanilla, and u need to know the "/MineZ Spawn" command in order to spawn, so with that sign/command at the end of the spawn, you would have to pass by all the information sign before you know how to type the spawning command.

I do agree that the www.minezmap.com tip should be added so others would know that there's a map out there so that they would be able to navigate

Overall, your opinion seems to be based on your lack of experience, but good to see people still making suggestions to improve the game
    huehue, good job and have a nice day

-BL-
    SimplyFowy and Tonkotsuramen921 like this.
  3. shrauger Regular Member

XP:
    691,268xp
    You can play the game without being in a clan. Bryan you want to 2v8 :eek:?
    Tonkotsuramen921 likes this.
  4. bryanloh Platinum

XP:
    275,629xp
    why not, 2v8 sounds really fun, and i don't pvp in minez, but i pvp badly on gg
  5. Captain_End Platinum

XP:
    50,010xp
    But it's almost true that this game's horrible community makes it so hard to make friends that you can rely on. I'll agree that it probably shouldn't be encouraging you to join a clan and instead join the TS, though. I think you play on the PVE server too much, 95% of the people I meet always try to kill me. Yes, I know people are at Al Hasa, the bandit capital of the world because it's literally THE PLACE to go for PVP. But there's no logical explanation as to why people in the PVP capital won't kill you and want to do dungeons with you other than them being on the PVE server. You're a platinum, so I know you have access to it. And I haven't played enough? We'll get back to that.
    I've found them to be very reliable when I am alone. When with friends, it's not the most reliable because one of you might be too close to the chest range while the other is far enough away. This happened to me and a friend at Wayvernia recently. We went in, looted up, he got out, I'm near the exit but not quite outside, tip pops up and barely any chests spawn (if they did they were on the upper levels). When we both waited towards the bottom, however, all but one chest spawned when the next tip popped up. It also might not be the best on the PVE server because that thing usually has people in the popular locations stopping chests from spawning, intentional or not (having trouble looting Eillom? that's because there's that guy sitting in the church, just waiting there, and then there's the dude passing by just as a tip pops up).
    I said there are people who don't know what they're doing because they ran past the signs and ignored them. I was trying to introduce people to the game that did this very same thing, you obviously did the same thing as they did, and ignored important text.
    You have insulted me. I've joined over 3 years ago, and only a few months after you have. I would add you to a KOS list, but you seem to like the PVE server anyways, and only three methods come into mind for killing you on there, one of which is bannable, two of which situational.

Thought this might also be an interesting tip to add in as well.
    TIP: Hasty? It's best to avoid moving as fast as possible most of the time. It takes away food much more quickly, and attracts much more zombies!
  6. shrauger Regular Member

XP:
    691,268xp
    Bryan is sometimes passive aggressive, but he's being really fair. I don't know about proper criticism, but any criticism should be accepted.

(Sometimes okay, Bryan?)
    Tonkotsuramen921 and Meme_MC like this.
  7. Captain_End Platinum

XP:
    50,010xp
    This is still a civil debate. It's not a flame war (yet). It's a flame war when someone starts intentionally insulting the other side (Bryan didn't know I have been here for over 3 years, and besides, I've recently returned from a long hiatus anyways). I have also accepted his (and your, now that I think about it) criticisms about joining clans, and it should probably be changed to joining the TS.
    Sam_F_ and Tonkotsuramen921 like this.
  8. JewGasser69 Regular Member

XP:
    57,833xp
    I kill pretty much everybody because I don't have trouble surviving and teaming with people just weighs me down. Plus I know I have a clan I can rely on so why team with random people who can't even play? I'm just showing you the logic of people who will for the most part just straight up kill you in this game.
  9. bryanloh Platinum

XP:
    275,629xp
    [IMG]

Woah woah, sir, please don't try and quote me try to think u understood my sentence, "lack of experience" is not an insult, it just means that u should join the pve server much more if u want to make friends to get on pvp, sir, you obviously misunderstood and is trying to make it look like i am trying to start a "flamewar" when i am trying to give you constructive feedback, oh you can say that i didn't make it clear above in my previous post, but you didn't clarify and just jumped ahead and said i was insulting you. If like u said this is a "civil" debate, you should probably give me the benefit of the doubt instead of throwing threats of how you're gonna kill me on pve. Sir i would like to see you try, but to maintain the standard of "civil" debate, i would like to ask you to refrain from such actions. And something to add, i have been here for 4 years.

As for the signs, what made you so sure i skipped it m8, i read it many times while i was bored waiting for my friends to die in the dungeons huehue.

He's right, if u can't accept any constructive feedback/criticism you probably shouldn't make a post, i was just telling you my experience and how i would make friends on pve instead of playing on PVP all the time. Also, don't try and use "civil" debates bs to us when u throw threats on how u plan to kill me just on your previous post

P.S
    [IMG]

-BL-
    SimplyFowy and Tonkotsuramen921 like this.
  10. wmn Jr. Developer, Builder

XP:
    758,611xp
    I'm all in favor of the tip ideas/changes, it would always be more helpful to new players if they didn't have to have someone who knew everything to explain it to them, +1
  11. Hollow_Leg Platinum

XP:
    259,108xp
    It would be hard to work the chest respawn one. I think it should show the time left for it to respwn when you are near it but it will only regenerate when no one is near it by a certain amount of blocks.
  12. Captain_End Platinum

XP:
    50,010xp
    Updated the first post.
    @Duril_ That sounds like a suggestion in and of itself on the topic of chest respawns. I feel it would spam your chat if you went near a chest and it told you how long it would be until chests respawn, but if it gave a time update in chat like "One minute until chests refill!" then I think it might work.
    bryanloh, you are merely misinterpreting what I am saying here. I'm not rejecting your criticism because I'm too much of a little boy to take it, I'm rejecting it because it's illogical and I'm pointing out why it is. I was not trying to start a flame war when I said I "would" KOS you because would does not mean will. Besides, if I tried, you'd just be on the PVE server anyways (like I pointed out). I did NOT say I was going to go on the PVE server to find you, and I did NOT say I was going to kill you if I had the chance (though I probably would knowing how many people I kill in this game). bryanloh, if a tip REQUIRES YOU TO PAY MONEY IN ORDER TO BE ACCURATE (because that's the only way to access the PVE server) THEN IT SHOULD NOT BE POPPING UP IN THE FREE TO PLAY AREAS.
    wmn likes this.