1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Servers This may seem stupid....

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by Captain_3nd, Oct 8, 2013.

Servers - This may seem stupid....
?

Remove NoCheat?

Yes 4 vote(s) 21.1%
No 15 vote(s) 78.9%
NoCheat? 0 vote(s) 0.0%
  1. Captain_End Platinum

XP:
    50,010xp
    Remove NoCheat. (assumingly) 90% of all bans from NoCheat aren't usually even true bans. NoCheat gets me a lot and I don't even hack. It also gets many other people.
    Plus, It'll help stop:
    I'm banned help me
    Why am I banned?
    Shotbow why'd you ban me?
    The list goes for a while. But anyways, these threads would be in bug reports and not ban appeals. It would stop innocent bans.
    Pros:
    Innocent people don't get banned
    People will stop dying just because NoCheat made them go so dang slow RIGHT NEXT TO A GIANT!
    It would stop all the "I'm banned" "bug reports."
    People's lives would no longer be saved by NoCheat (Don't ask how it saved me, but I ended up dying the same half hour)
    Cons:
    The small percentage that DOES hack will not be banned by NoCheat
    Uhhh.... that's it? I think? Well, tell me, do you want NoCheat to stay here and keep banning people? I'm afraid that I'll be banned myself.
    EDIT: I'll be adding ton the cons list after getting ideas from you all.
    dylanxbox likes this.

2. TheAether97 Gold

XP:
    27,966xp
    Most of the hackers that get banned by nocheat are instabanned. You say it hardly bans any, but it does way more than you think. It can be a little trippy at times, but even through the "cons", i'm glad its here to help.
    dylanxbox and DuskShadowBrony like this.
  3. FixGoldNameTag Obsidian

XP:
    3,750xp
    No one innocent has been banned by the no cheat. They are normally hackers lying. If I was a hacker I could easily think "Hmmm... Maybe if I tell the admins I was innocent I could be unbanned." You don't need fear in being banned, if you didn't do anything wrong, you won't be banned for doing "hacking". Most people on this server would rather die knowing that nocheat is doing its job by ensuring no hackers, than die by a hacker. If nocheat was removed they may as well give everyone admin so everyone can ban each other when they think someone is hacking to make shotbow "a safe place".
  4. Beast2x Emerald

XP:
    31,806xp
    If you think no-cheat now is bad, then you must not have played back when jumping would cause no-cheat to rubber band you.
    Nowadays, the no-cheat is fine. Even on my lousy Internet, the no-cheat doesn't affect me. No-cheat is here because it does ban hackers. In fact, it bans hundreds of players a day. So please don't tell us that it only bans innocent players.
  5. IronicWrath Regular Member

XP:
    21,764xp
    hey bro if you remove NoCheat the little % of people that hacks will start to grow more and more an more and then shotbow will be hardly a server if they remove nocheat you'll ruin this server
    DuskShadowBrony likes this.
  6. AlecJ Retired Staff

XP:
    383,705xp
    The no-cheat system is responsible for many more bans than you would think. We as players never hear about it though as bans are meant to be private.

Lazer has stated that making a no-cheat system that both catches cheaters and allows players a lot of freedom to play the game is not easy task. They do their best though, and it is a great system in my opinion. Are there limitations? Yes, but those are there to prevent cheaters from ruining the game for the legitimate players.
  7. Zneak Platinum

XP:
    16,172xp
    This no-cheat system bans about 100 players each day, almost all of them are actually hackers using hacked clients and unfair mods.

Its a awesome system, which helps the server a lot. There are a couple times were it bans legit players when players lag or if there is a bug or something.

So yeah, the system is about 99% accurate, and im happy its there. But it sucks for people who got banned, when they were in fact not hacking at all.
    dylanxbox likes this.
  8. dylanxbox Platinum

XP:
    53,599xp

...... Zneak I love you but where are you getting that info Please tell/show me

From my time on anni and shotbow I know many people who have gotten kick or banned for "hacks" by no-cheat
    Plus Nocheat cause lag all the time that gets people killed. I don't think that Nocheat is all that bad but at the same time I would like to see a better anti-hacker system/or improved no cheat system. I know that things cannot be perfect but I feel that this Nocheat can be improved

I am somewhere between you and Zneak it seems
    Nocheat does get hackers a lot but it also cause lag, stop people from enjoy some class at times, and bans Legit plays. It is a great system but cons do add up. As of now the pros overpower the cons but not by a great amount. For Nocheat to work better it would have to understand that class that have increased jump and speed are legit and are wanted so they are Nocheated backwards or locked in place or a time. The lag is not that bad but I would like it to be improved if possible.
  9. dylanxbox Platinum

XP:
    53,599xp
    This is untrue Innocent people are banned by Nocheat when they are laging or other

Everything is fine
  10. Zneak Platinum

XP:
    16,172xp

Classified
    dylanxbox likes this.
  11. dylanxbox Platinum

XP:
    53,599xp
    someone is getting chris power humm

sooo when you get admin
  12. Zneak Platinum

XP:
    16,172xp

Never, its kinda obvious.
  13. ZombieDE Platinum

XP:
    43,295xp
    You are wrong.
    My second account got banned for "hacking", and I am sure, that I don't hack :wink:
  14. FixGoldNameTag Obsidian

XP:
    3,750xp
    One thing I heard from the admins is that you can be banned for hacking, but you could have broken another rule.
  15. ZombieDE Platinum

XP:
    43,295xp
    I know every rule and I am pretty sure, that I broke no rule.
    But this is a useless discussion, because nobody have proves
  16. conflicttFTW Regular Member

XP:
    10,943xp
    NoCheat: Hi player! O, your sprinting? BAN!

NoCheat is a trolling sack of potatos, if you run AT ALL on half the servers with NoCheat, you get insta-banned -_-
  17. FixGoldNameTag Obsidian

XP:
    3,750xp
    I've been playing on the Shotbow Network for over a year, before it was all merged into one big server hub. I have only been kicked twice by NoCheat, and those two times I was lagging pretty bad.
  18. Buffooligan Regular Member

XP:
    13,713xp
    ...really? Because NoCheat kicked me about 30 times total. And I have been playing for about a month. This mostly happens on Annihilation. And I am annoyed every. Single. Time. kthxbai
  19. KillaTrix Gold

XP:
    51,977xp
    i think what the no-cheat supporter are trying to say in short is:
    No Cheat does more good then harm.
  20. vampire_toothy Guest

XP:
    xp
    Even though no cheat will kick me in annihilation with acrobat and it says "Kicked for hacking or internet problems" its just no cheat trying to catch the hackers and the reason i got kicked was my internet.Think for a second.What if a person who was hacking blamed it on his internet?No cheat may sometimes glitch up but 99% of the time it is accurate and it seems to ban more than 100 a day.Fake or not it will make shotbow a better place.Think for a second.Would you rather have a 1% chance of getting banned for a false reason or fight hackers?I would rather have a 1% chance because every day i take a snapshot incase if i do get a false ban.No cheat if full of pros and next to no cons.