1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

No Prefix This has to stop

Discussion in 'Annihilation' started by ItsMeYourBrother, Feb 6, 2016.

No Prefix - This has to stop
  1. ItsMeYourBrother Regular Member

XP:
    13,304xp
    [IMG]

Too many donors join full teams, game is unplayibale since the start of first Phase.

2. Drakonkinst Gold

XP:
    8,890xp
    The above is an exxageration and usually doesn't happen that drastically. Join one of the three other teams. You can play on those.
    bellyjellybean and DutchBartje like this.
  3. Haichao Platinum

XP:
    360,442xp
    Yeh if you like to get shat on. Balancing is a huge issue in anni, lets hope the devs have something planned regarding outnumbering.
  4. DutchBartje Emerald

XP:
    502,680xp
    I definitely agree. I have been in games that blue had 30 people, and the other teams didn't even have 10 people. When I see this happen so drastically, i'm trying to stop them by joining another team.

I have done this for sometime, and it's fun, if they aren't rushing you with full diamond and gapples. I played a game with some members from Atlas yesterday. We beat TBC on Castles, it was a lot of fun!
    426f746966696572 and _Arty like this.
  5. Lil_Jeffy_com Platinum

XP:
    897,183xp
    Oh god, here comes the flame war
  6. DutchBartje Emerald

XP:
    502,680xp
    I am geared up! Let's go!

Just kidding, wasn't meant to start a fight. It was for an example, so people can understand.
  7. GopherAsassain Platinum

XP:
    298,391xp
    Not really an accomplishment to beat tbc but I digress
  8. softsocks Platinum

XP:
    58,983xp
    how would we balance this? at the start premiums are able to join any team they want and taking that ability away would probably make them mad and the premiums payed real money for this so why take the perk away? I agree its annoying but I see no way on how to fix it other than taking the premium perk away.
  9. Meyling Silver

XP:
    55,728xp
    I agree, it's annoying when premiums can join whatever team they'd like, giving a huge disadvantage for other teams. I think a good way (probably terrible knowing my luck) is to set another cap for the amount of premiums are allowed to join a team.
    It only counts when the game begins and if one team is being overpopulated compared to the rest.
    Probably a bunch of flaws in this idea but it's just a thought off the top of my head.

Oh and
    [IMG]

This has to stop > IT'S TIME TO STOP
    DutchBartje likes this.
  10. WildWargasm Platinum

XP:
    232,117xp
    I would personally just wait for a new lobby or join a new game. Taking away the ability for premiums to join whatever team they want takes away almost all the value of a premium membership in Annihilation. Nowadays that ability isn't that useful in general.
    Vovri and Sevy13 like this.
  11. matjellison Regular Member

XP:
    34,575xp

It's not an exaggeration because the fact is, it isn't blown out of proportion. I hope you know that this is basically the mind of a Premium member:
    "Oh look it's 10 players on Blue and 2 on every other team. Blue is full of Premiums. We are Premiums alike so might as well join them because we're now mates. Let's not forget the free win!"

'11 Players on Blue'
    '2 Players on Red, Green and Yellow'

But seriously, easy XP is still XP.
  12. Jarool Mini Admin

XP:
    327,930xp
    It's worse when there are 30 on my team and 10 on each of the others cos I want my premium buddies on my team but no one ragequits for them :(
  13. Kazumii_ Platinum

XP:
    352,440xp
    Honestly I didn't get premium for the whole join a full team (I wanted to support the server :D) So back on topic whenever I play I ask my friends to join the team that has the least amount of players. I promise you not all premiums think they should stay with their "kind."
    Barskey, Meyling and DutchBartje like this.
  14. emacs_ Platinum

XP:
    577,095xp
    I don't really care about this because this happens only when OG players are in - game, which is rare considering the state of Annihilation today. The only time I've really seen this happen is when CoastinJosh and his friends come on late night. And that's even rare.... Also, as someone said above, it's probably a fact that 95% of premiums like to stay with premiums. When a premium (especially a platinum) joins, regulars automatically think they are probably good and can win the game. And to be honest, it's most likely true. But premiums also do this with other premiums, which is the whole topic of this.
    Shady_Oak, Botifier and DutchBartje like this.
  15. Swiftinabox Platinum

XP:
    419,322xp
    You guys act like this happens every game and you're over exaggerating when you say one team is 30 and the others are less than 10 because i highly doubt 20 premiums are on one team because as soon as the premiums join a team all non donors have to join the other teams evening them out, the only thing that makes one team better is the teamwork and even if you see that the team you want is full you can always wait 10 minutes for another game.
  16. JeTi_Brothers Platinum

XP:
    215,738xp
    Make premiums have a max difference too. If blue has 10 players and all other teams have lets say 4/5 then you have to wait for the other team to get more players.

I assume premiums won't like this due to the fact they can't join their friends or clanmates, but this outnumber isn't a special occasion as said before, in EU this happens every single day. And joining the team is a death sign.

I was playing with kello yesterday and we had a total of 4 people in our team including us while blue had 21 and red had 16. It will be a thousand times harder to win and you pretty much have to do the job of almost 7 people, yourself.
    100PercentHippo and DutchBartje like this.
  17. JeTi_Brothers Platinum

XP:
    215,738xp
    Side note: most people commenting above play on us servers and don't see some EU clans and there insane number of people in the clan and in a game together. I'm not saying this is bad but I have screenshots of over 20 clanmembers being in the same team. And that doesnt happen just once, thats several times a week.
  18. Rechoke Silver

XP:
    30,364xp

Exactly. However I must confess that Oblivion sometimes in the past outnumbered a lot, and made it seem we were the Obvious dominating team when you looked at the numbers, But we never really did anything with it, besides in canyon games where we just kill one team in phase 2 because don't like playing on canyon and just move onto voting and try to make a nice defense there. (which I do apologise for) but it's mainly to keep everyone busy until we can play on a map where we like playing on. I would find it reasonable to make it unable to join a team which has 6 more players than the team with lowest amount of total players and not just online people (to prevent stacking)
    JeTi_Brothers and Vovri like this.
  19. Vovri Platinum

XP:
    255,010xp
    tldr: This is a symptom of a greater issue. :)

I wouldn't call outnumbering bad in its entirety. In my opinion I see it as rather a symptom of the gameplay culture of Annihilation. Again, the current culture of games on EU or US for example differs greatly from all times of the day. In the end it always boils down to the players/teams and what they do. Not all outnumbering games may end up as bad as some people claim it to be (refer to examples like the Andorra mid takedown, triple nexus nopots or just many friends playing together for fun!). However this does not excuse players from acting heinously or to 'ruin' games during an outnumbering. Keep in mind that it's just a symptom. Something which depends on that crowd's mentality and ways. You should also keep in mind that players or groups who commonly 'ruin' games(at least in your definition) will often gain enough infamy(if truly so) for you to rally other people from mediums such as TS or shoutbox. Heck! even create your own clan for that if you must :wink:. As for cases such as low pop server outnumberings, this is an issue which is seldom avoidable...for now at least. :zmeh: Like what Wildwargasm said, it is best to just avoid such games and join another one once a new lobby becomes available (on both EU or US etc)

The suggestions above all seem like interesting ideas which could be implemented. However it solely hinges on how these new 'suggestions' coincide with our plans to ensure an enjoyable future for annihilation ^^. Dev or Staff, there is only so much we can influence about the culture of gameplay without being too intrusive, but you have our fullest commitment that we will do what it takes to guide it for the good of annihilation's future. :heart:
    Ahtemish, RoboticSox, _Arty and 5 others like this.
  20. Sevy13 Annihilation Co-Lead, BAC Co-Lead

XP:
    3,433,940xp
    Like swift said, because of balancing when a game starts all the teams are relative even. Problem is, a lot of people go to a new voting when they realize their team is probably not going to win, leaving their team mates at a disadvantage. Of course nobody leaves the team that looks it's going to win. That's the main reason teams are so unbalanced.