1. At this time we are unable to service emails to Outlook, Hotmail, or other Microsoft-provided email addresses. If you are using one of these providers you will be unable to /register for an account or receive password reset emails.

If your account uses one of these providers, you can use the command /changeemail in game to change to another email account. If you did not receive your registration email, you may acquire it by resetting your password on the website once you have changed to a non-Microsoft email.

2. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Suggestion The Shotbow Pot Suggestion

Discussion in 'The Network' started by ItsSoular, Oct 24, 2018.

Suggestion - The Shotbow Pot Suggestion
?

Should the Shotbow Pot System be Implemented?

Yes, similarly to as stated in the post 6 vote(s) 46.2%
Yes, but with some changes (explain in comments) 2 vote(s) 15.4%
No, not at all (explain in comments) 5 vote(s) 38.5%
  1. ItsSoular Obsidian

XP:
    17,725xp
    A few years ago, the EULA made it impossible for players to purchase any items or cosmetics on servers that give them an advantage over other players. Many people really miss the ability to purchase XP, but I believe I've figured out a way to resolve this issue while also adding the ability to bring in the cash for the rest of Shotbow!

Introducing the Shotbow Pot System! In short, this is a system that allows any player to donate any amount of money to Shotbow for no upfront item or cosmetic, but instead, this money goes towards a monthly goal. If the monthly goal is reached by the end of the month, a large XP code is released to ALL Shotbow players.

Here is an example:

The month is January 2019. This month's goal is $2,500. If we are able to reach $2,500 in donations, we will release an XP code worth 100,000 Shotbow XP in addition to a server wide XP multiplier for 3 days!

note: this is an example, and does not necessarily reflect the monthly goal or prize I believe should be rewarded to players should this be implemented.

Players get XP and Shotbow gets extra cash! In addition, the top donators could be posted as a sort of "fashion statement" if you will.

The prize doesn't necessarily need to be XP, but with the expensive items on XP Shop and the EXTREMELY long amount of time it takes to earn XP, a Pot like this could help balance playtime for XP and Shop prices much better! Not to mention, Shotbow could potentially triple its monthly income.

Please let me know what you think of this idea, and if it should be implemented!
    Hingey likes this.

2. shrauger Regular Member

XP:
    201,861xp
    No, I believe this is completely unfair to put as an expectation towards the players.
  3. zackcolejost Silver

XP:
    91,528xp
    Yeah, thats the problem I have too. Its definitely not a bad idea, but tbh the flaws are kinda apparent. Players who contribute nothing still get a ton of xp, and it kinda pressures the community to dump money in
    PaySafeKaart likes this.
  4. Zbot1223 Platinum

XP:
    166,729xp
    Seems like a good idea, especially if people just want to give a dollar or two, it helps the server get better funding and encourage players to be more active to get the xp bonus and multiplier.
    PaySafeKaart likes this.
  5. OmXgaPlays Silver

XP:
    77,064xp
    Soular, I like the idea, but this can't work. So you mentioned the goal part, which is ex. 2500$ for 100k xp. let's say, this goal wasn't completed. There's obviously going to be an outroar. We can ALL be honest is that the only way people are going to donate, is for the xp. and if 2500$ (ex.) wasn't achieved by like 200$, people are probably going to be angry and cause a big outroar, because they'd feel like they wasted money and didn't get anything in return. (sorry if this was terribly written it's just what I think is going to happen)
  6. ItsSoular Obsidian

XP:
    17,725xp

Then have a goal ladder. If 100 dollars, then 1k XP, if 500, then 5k and so on until we reach the ultimate goal. There's literally an infinite number of ways to execute this idea.
  7. ItsSoular Obsidian

XP:
    17,725xp
    Actually, there's a difference between pressuring and enticing. Pressuring is when you're constantly on someone's ass about it. All they need to do is have a monthly goal link on the forums for people to click on and donate. And you don't want to donate, there's no penalty for doing it. So, there's not really any pressure.
  8. ItsSoular Obsidian

XP:
    17,725xp

Expectations? Its not expectations. Its simply "get a prize if we reach our goal." I doubt the staff would "expect" players to donate. But there are always a select few that will. Its called a good business practice. Shotbow may be a server, but its also a business. And why do businesses exist? - to make money. Players think that they should always get every little thing for every penny they donate, but they tend to forget to play the server is free in the first place, and you never need to actually pay to play.
  9. OmXgaPlays Silver

XP:
    77,064xp
    so like as in progress rewards?
  10. shrauger Regular Member

XP:
    201,861xp

If you tell the community they will get a reward for doing a certain goal, there is expectations for the community to reach said goal. It's an unfair expectation to apply on the community as it divides people between those who donate and don't donate. You could argue you could do it anonymously but there'd be no satisfaction achieved from donating if it weren't made obvious that you donated. What would then be the distinction between premium and this system? That premium doesn't directly support the server?

If you want XP codes, ask for them.
  11. Mysterious_Seven Platinum

XP:
    455,788xp
    This, but with voting goals.