1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

No Prefix The Shotbow Media Programme

Discussion in 'The Network' started by Navarr, Dec 19, 2015.

No Prefix - The Shotbow Media Programme
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Navarr Councilor

XP:
    1,333,433xp
    There have been constant requests for more information on our Media Programme. What is it? How do people get [MEDIA]? What is their role? Who are our Media Partners?

Well, I'm going to answer some or all of those questions today.

What is the purpose of the Shotbow Media Programme?

Media - especially interactive media - is an important part for any game or community. Media helps with both player retention and gaining new players. Shotbow participates in this form of marketing through organic means. We have never payed a YouTuber to play our games - at least not directly. Instead, Shotbow prefers to give media partners the means for which to enjoy themselves in our games. Media Partners, once approved, receive:
    • Access to almost all XP unlockables
    • Platinum-rank level access to our games
    • A special in-game and forum "Media" rank
    • Access to a private forum shared by Shotbow Staff and other Media Partners
    This package does two things. First: It allows our partners to kickstart their game experience, allowing them to begin recording what they want to record as soon as possible or, for our partners that participate in written media, begin reviewing the full game as quickly as possible. Secondly: It gives our partners the access they need to come to us with egregious issues, and with ideas for Partner-run, Shotbow-sponsored events. A good example of this is iZtean's Annihilation Map Contest. We are both ecstatic and proud to sponsor events ran by our media partners - it helps with their viewership, with their content creation, and gives both their subscribers and repeat Shotbow players something fun to do.

Requirements of our Partners

We have two hard, and one soft requirement of our partners. Respectively:
    • Partners must allow Shotbow to use content they make on Shotbow for advertising/marketing purposes
    • Partners must go directly to their Partner Program Liaison (usually me) about any issues or grievances with the network, it's games, processes, or staff - so that the Network has a chance to resolve the issues.
    • We ask, though only require when you have your own server address in the description, that our partners display Shotbow's connection addresses (us.shotbow.net and eu.shotbow.net) prominently in their description so that their viewers know where they were.
    Our requirements are designed so that both we, and our partners, can make the most out of our partnership. We heavily value our partners and the work they do.

How to become a Partner

Shotbow routinely scouts out prospective Media Partners and invites them into the program - however we recognize that potential partners may escape our gaze - due to being a part of a community that may not interact on our forums or with our official accounts, and so it is possible to apply for an invitation.

One of the biggest questions in this regard is "What are the requirements for the Media rank?" In all honesty, there are no stringent requirements. However, I will establish some limits on the baseline of what we accept:

• Partners where their main outlet is a video recording website - such as YouTube or Youku - should have at least 5,000 subs and at least 1,000 views on their recent videos. Partners with subscription counts less than this are considered if they maintain a high (80+%) viewership on their recent videos.
    • Partners where their main outlet is a streaming website - such as Twitch - should have at least 5,000 followers. Invitations on these platforms may be delayed while our staff gets an opportunity to judge that such outlets have successful viewership.
    • Partners should produce content about Shotbow at least 2-4 times a month - depending on content production throughput.
    • Partners videos should not be about exploits, nor should they be overtly critical of Shotbow.
    • Partners who are family friendly are an immediate plus
    Do note that these are guidelines and not requirements. We will often invite partners to the program that do not meet all of these requirements.

If you are a producer of traditional media (blogs, etc) and have a significant following, we would also like to invite you to apply for an invitation.

Applications for an invitation need not be in English - however, applications in languages other than English may receive delayed responses due to the availability of the Translation Team. We are currently able to translate Bulgarian, German, Spanish, Japanese, Norwegian, Dutch, Portuguese, and Chinese in house.

We are no longer accepting applications for invitations at this time.

If you're a large/well-known YouTuber/streamer - please reach out by tweeting to us @ShotbowNetwork.

Who are our current partners?

At this moment in time I am not yet able to provide a comprehensive list of our Media Partners. The program has changed much in the year since I pulled it under my purview, and members of our previous media ranks may not want to be identified publicly, or may not agree to our current requirements. However, I am happy to list the following people as some of our more recent media partners (in no particular order):
    • iZtean
    • PainV
    • SentrixPvP
    • dusdavid
    • ledgamespro
    • and many more
    I hope this very long and explanatory post has told you everything you would ever want to know about our Media Partner Programme.

Thank you for flying Shotbow :)

2. Hangar_Straight Silver

XP:
    77,466xp
    (Twitch) I think you mean Followers, because 5000 subs on Twitch is a really, really insane amount (for just being able to have the Sub button, you need 500+ constant viewers everytime you stream, which is an insane amount too).
    Subs work differently on twitch, it is a subscription where you need to pay 4,99$ a month.
    Tonkotsuramen921 likes this.
  3. Navarr Councilor

XP:
    1,333,433xp

It is what I meant, thanks. I've updated the post to reflect Twitch's choice of vocabulary.
  4. Higyigma Gold

XP:
    11,530xp
    Look Here
  5. spolendina Emerald

XP:
    175,586xp
  6. Deadspeck Mini Builder

XP:
    122,129xp
    im only here to point out typos because they bug my OCD and some other things
    1. Do note that these are guidelinesand not requirements. We will often invite partners to the program that do not meet all of these requirements.
    2. Partners must go directly to their Partner Program Liaison (usually me) about any issues or grievances with the network, it's games, processes, or staff - so that the Network has a chance to resolve the issues.
    3. Applications for an invitation need not be in English (this one might be hard for non-english speakers to understand)
    kthxbye
  7. Shady_Oak Regular Member

XP:
    37,428xp
    @lolitsalex

no but really, I am glad this is a thing now and also, do people with these ranks get access to /nick to avoid being targeted?
    OneTupacArmy likes this.
  8. SyNcNationHD Regular Member

XP:
    6,721xp
  9. Navarr Councilor

XP:
    1,333,433xp
    We do not currently have such a feature and are working on it, to be available to media partners.
  10. 100PercentHippo Retired Staff

XP:
    336,223xp
    Apologizes that I don't know Japanese, but instead of writing that information here, send it to Navarr in a message (here). Best of luck! :)
    Tonko921, sizuku499 and RichRamp like this.
  11. BeastyClaws Regular Member

XP:
    14,721xp

Just wanted to ask, isn't it CentrixPvP?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.