1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Suggestion The.. return? of HCF...

Discussion in 'The Network' started by Kalashhnikov, Oct 26, 2020.

Suggestion - The.. return? of HCF...
?

Would you like to see an HCF return?

Yes! 18 vote(s) 90.0%
No. 2 vote(s) 10.0%
  1. Kalashhnikov Platinum

XP:
    640,785xp
    Hi dear Shotbow community, im making this post due to nostalgia feelings, you know...
    Before everything i gotta say sorry for my awful english, it's not my main language.

Well, as a Shotbow member since 2014 i had the opportunity to be around for a while and jumping between gamemodes. One of them was Hardcore Factions, wich in my opinion, since it was removed from Shotbow a lot of servers tried to imitate but no one could take it to the level of fun of Shotbow.

Nowadays, there's a TON of HCF servers but every server is basically a pay-to-win where if you buy some keys you get instantly op stuff just for money, and in my opinion that killed the game in some ways.

In this year, due to quarantine, Shotbow's playerbase increased a lot in the "hardest" quarantine moment, bringing some new players but also making a ton of people come back and remember those old days when everyone was like 5 years younger and played having a lot of fun, yep, nostalgia.

In the last few months i've seen a couple of players (who became famous after) trying to join back to the server and checking how's everything going, i think most of them and most of the players who played HCF really miss the gamemode and how it was.

That's why im talking about it now. I wanna propose the return of Hardcore Factions, honestly i don't know if Shotbow keeps its old projects saved but an HCF revival would be EPIC. If known servers on this gamemode get like 500 to 1000 players on their SOTW day, just IMAGINE what Shotbow's HCF comeback would be...

Yes, i know im talking about something really ambitious, but hey, why not think bout it?..

Also i wanna be clear in 2 REALLY IMPORTANT points:
    1. If Shotbow's HCF comes back one day, it has to be like the old days, like same plugin, same features, just adding maybe new (but little) things and revamping visual/aestethic things. But PLEASE keep the essence of the game, i don't think it has to be pay-to-win, cuz players will donate to the server either way to get rank.
    2. This IS NOT a little thing, if it happens, it has to be accompanied with a big trailer made by the film crew, and massive diffusion on every Shotbow's media channel (Youtube, Twitter, even Reddit). Players will help on that 100% sure.
    It's been a while since last map of HCF came out and a lot of games also have been improved a lot, making them more interesting (and also i know that there are big things coming! -shhhh...) and i think that this is a reaaaally big opportunity to increase even more the playerbase and going to a new step.
    If you liked the post, please feel free to leave your like and also commentate what do you think! Do you miss those days? We miss you too!

2. AgentPanda_ Platinum

XP:
    773,691xp
    yes yes yes!! very cute
  3. squallythewally Obsidian

XP:
    121,634xp
    It would be really nice but I think you are hung up on the idea that all the old players would suddenly come back in some huge resurgence. While it would be sick if this was true, most of these players are much older, have jobs, relationships and maybe even kids. As you said...

notswipe likes this.