The Return of Chat Bot

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mistri, Apr 11, 2018.

The Return of Chat Bot
  1. Mistri Art Team Lead

XP:
    303,667xp
    [IMG]
    When we closed the Shotbow Shoutbox back in 2016 and introduced Discord, we were sad to see Chat Bot go. For those who didn't know Chat Bot, she was the friendliest bot you could have ever met, who could also do some spectacular things.

Over the past few weeks, Navarr and I have been working to revive Chat Bot, and she is back and better than ever, on our Discord!

How do I join the Discord?
    If you don't have an account on Discord, it is a great medium of communication for gamers, and Shotbow has partnered with Discord to bring its players a custom VIP server! Be sure to sign up and join our server using the link discord.gg/shotbow.

How do I interact with Chat Bot?
    Once you're on the Discord server you can interact with your favorite Shotbow Bot just like before. If you've never interacted with Chat Bot, try typing !commands in any channel to activate her.

Important Note
    Spamming Chat Bot will result in a permanent ban from our Discord server. In addition, we'd appreciate it if you interact with Chat Bot in the #shoutbox channel primarily unless the topic of interest pertains to another specific channel. Consistently using the bot in an inappropriate channel will result in a warning, kick, or ban from our Discord server.

Welcome back Chat Bot!

- The Shotbow Team

2. Rainbow_Dashi Obsidian

XP:
    39,256xp
    Uhm.. Shotbow guys? I know you're a tad behind sometimes, but you know April 1st was actually ten days ago now, don't you? It's 01/04, not 11/04!
    DutchBartje, Hingey and _Swipe like this.
  3. connor564 Platinum

XP:
    10,894xp
    banned from teh discord oof
  4. LegendaryAlex Gold

XP:
    200,657xp
    OOOOF /fry connor564

heheheh
  5. connor564 Platinum

XP:
    10,894xp
  6. Navarr Network Co-Lead

XP:
    630,906xp
    Yes. The source will be posted soon. The repository already exists and is linked to in the !about command. Launched while I was working so I couldn't really get it up

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    Mistri likes this.
  7. Hollow_Leg Gold

XP:
    73,271xp
    This might be the only reason I return to being active* on Discord
    Mistri likes this.
  8. _Swipe Platinum

XP:
    14,528xp
  9. Navarr Network Co-Lead

XP:
    630,906xp
    The code has been uploaded to GitHub, and the bot will be actively developed against the repository.

https://GitHub.com/Shotbow/ChatBot

DutchBartje and Mistri like this.
  10. Hingey Platinum

XP:
    513,764xp
    What if you are already banned from said discord server?
    FixGoldNameTag likes this.
  11. Mistri Art Team Lead

XP:
    303,667xp
  12. snoogens646 Regular Member

XP:
    2,467xp
    Genuinely curious, but why have you guys been working weeks for Chat Bot? This hasn't been mentioned in the forum for years if at all. I don't see a single thread or post even asking for it.
    HungerHealer likes this.
  13. Thomas_Dorland Obsidian

XP:
    938,954xp
    !CreateMineZEvent

My og fellas
    ACrispyTortilla likes this.
  14. Navarr Network Co-Lead

XP:
    630,906xp
    Fun. Mistri in particular has always loved Chat Bot, and the reason chat bot ever existed in the first place is because I created (a basic version of) her before I was even staff.

There's a lot of neat stuff I hope to do with Chat Bot in the coming years - a lot of ideas not all of which are fully fleshed out yet.

Hingey and Mistri like this.
  15. Hollow_Leg Gold

XP:
    73,271xp
    People asked for her a lot around the time when the old chat was removed
    Mistri likes this.