1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Question The new bullets

Discussion in 'Wasted' started by DiezelTheo, Jun 13, 2014.

Question - The new bullets
  1. NotDiezel Regular Member

XP:
    99,955xp
    I'm just really surprised no one has posted about them yet, but anyone playing wasted in the last few days will have noticed that the bullets are super accurate now. An SW1911 can shoot like the old mosin when crouched. I personally like them and think they give a realistic twist to this crazy game :stuck_out_tongue:. So how do other people like them?
    Cahillguy likes this.

2. darkstriker999 Platinum

XP:
    13,629xp
    "This isn't a bug. This was actually an improvement. Lazer redid his bullet code to be more accurate so that players don't have to lob their shots like rocks every time. You'll notice that you don't have to aim five feet in the air to hit something far out anymore." - HighlifeTTU 9 days ago.

http://www.reddit.com/r/ShotBow/comments/273zw3/guns_are_broken/

and a video made by me (very bad but it works)

One of the reasons I dont like wasted anymore ):
  3. NotDiezel Regular Member

XP:
    99,955xp
    Weird that the bullets keep teleporting up for you. They are a lot smoother on my computer.
  4. darkstriker999 Platinum

XP:
    13,629xp
    what version, optifine :eek:?
  5. asianspy Gold

XP:
    7,652xp
    The teleporting bullet is pretty trippy. It threw me off for a while because I was following the arc. It wasn't until someone told me about bullet drop distance that I realized it's just a visual glitch and that the bullet actually travels farther and straighter.
  6. SakuraWolf Platinum

XP:
    162,265xp
    The thing that I hate is that after the update, I can no longer play Wasted.. Everytime I kill someone it crashes me. Its impossible for me to play anymore, which is sad, seeing as this is my most favorite gamemode Shotbow has. ;-;
    mcp123123 and skyrimfan1 like this.
  7. Jedi_man Platinum

XP:
    78,909xp
    I HATE THEM WITH ALL MY HEART
    Wasted was basically slaughtered when they did this.
    The old guns were funner
    and my skill and love for wasted lies with the old wasted.
    And also the guns were easier to use back then.
    And who remember when mosin took more skill?
    I have no skill with the new bullets thanks to that update.
  8. bnsfc Regular Member

XP:
    25,313xp
    they teleport that for me too
  9. Jedi_man Platinum

XP:
    78,909xp
    I have officially quit wasted thanks to this abomination of an update.
  10. NotDiezel Regular Member

XP:
    99,955xp
    :/
  11. KARLITO262 Regular Member

XP:
    127,633xp
    What bothers me is that I can't see my bullets farther than maybe 20 blocks and I can't find a solution. Edit: The solution is getting Rex's Wasted pack. From Darkstriker999.
    Jedi_man likes this.
  12. MrYellowElmo Platinum

XP:
    10,929xp
    Render distance kinda helps.

And particles to the max.
  13. WindowsHK Regular Member

XP:
    20,742xp
    NEIN
  14. Cahillguy Regular Member

XP:
    148,037xp
    Yet another conservative, anti-progress post. I'm sick of all these people whining about the new updates that move Wasted in a better direction, simply because they want to keep the system that benefits only them and punishes the new players.

"The guns were easier to use"? Explain this. Explain how making guns actually able to hit where you're aiming at makes them harder to use.

"Remember when Mosin took more skill?" The Mosin is basically unchanged compared to the other guns; it's still as accurate as it ever was. Instead, all the other guns can fight back against the Mosin at longer ranges, instead of the powerful Mosin dominating them. Especially pistols: if you can't kill a pistol-wielder with a Mosin, you deserve to die by their accurate bullets.

"I have no skill with the new bullets thanks to that update." Yeah, damn right you don't. Is this because infantry have more of a chance against jetpackers if they can aim right? Is this because all you did was spray-and-pray with LMGs, when before the update, people with M16A3s had no chance against you? Or is this because you can't adapt to changes that make you uncomfortable?

I agree with Diezel. The balance of power is changing, and the bullets do give a realistic twist. These are positive changes to Wasted. And I'm sorry if I sound too harsh; like I said, I'm just tired of people dismissing these new updates as BS.
  15. darkstriker999 Platinum

XP:
    13,629xp
    No, Jetpacks are as overpowerd as they always were, and the update moved Wasted in a worse direction. (ye thats a opinion)
    Even though there are alot of changes I still managed to beat my old killstreak with the same gun and no game should make it possible for anyone to kill 1200 people without dieing once. The update benefits Jetpackers in more ways than ground units - why? As stated a thousand times jetpackers have less to fear - the number 1 reason of death (probaly) was a rocket shot out of the air by another jetpacker.
    And I have no clue how changing the bullets benefits someone and someone else not.

With the new speed II the Mosin got nerfed alot, other guns like pistols always have the huge advantage that you can quickly react to missed shots by changing your aim based on the trajectoy of the shot bullets - also i have no idea why a shotgun should be able to fight a sniper on a long distance.

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/ad-hominem (quoting you (i know that does not work fully since he wasnt stating an argument in the first place))

How is removing bullet drop a positive change? This is based on the game "Wasteland", which has bulletdrop. Moreover increasing accuarcy and removing bullet drop removes a lot of knowlegend based play styles, for example shooting three times with the ak-47 do a small pause to gain back accuarcy and shoot again three times.
    Removing shooting rockets mid-air was never a good idea either, the intention clearly was, but the outcome wasnt. What the admins should have done (opinion): Undo all changes of the lastest update (bring back shooting rockets mid-air, make guns work the old way), and instead dont allow flying with a jetpack while wearing a piece of kevlar or a Pkp (M240L, M240 aswell?).
    SakuraWolf13, mcp123123, rstd and 4 others like this.
  16. diamond1 Silver

XP:
    36,053xp
    FINALLY SOMONE UNDERSTANDS UPDATES!
    hk0978 likes this.
  17. Jedi_man Platinum

XP:
    78,909xp
    I'm conditioned to the old guns.
    mcp123123 likes this.
  18. NotDiezel Regular Member

XP:
    99,955xp
    Dammit guys don't make an admin lock this :stuck_out_tongue:
  19. Jedi_man Platinum

XP:
    78,909xp
    Where the heck is the dislike button?
    Down-dates is more like it.
    Liked because of this sentence.
    SakuraWolf13, mcp123123 and Tdiaz5 like this.
  20. diamond1 Silver

XP:
    36,053xp
    its a shame you cannot adapt to the update. increased acuracy does not sound that bad.
    hk0978 likes this.