1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

The Life of Squirr3ly(Conclusion)

Discussion in 'Roleplay' started by Squirr3ly, Nov 4, 2013.

The Life of Squirr3ly(Conclusion)
  1. Squirr3ly Regular Member

XP:
    13,567xp
    *This is the first time I’ve updated in a long time, so forgive me if my writing seems……….different. Anyways, I’ll just go ahead and say it’s great to be writing again. It’s good to know no matter how long I’m away, I’ll always get a warm reception from you guys when I finally drag myself back to write some more. As an appreciation to those who have stuck with me, I’m going to start dedicating these last few chapters to those who have inspired me to continue writing. This chapter is dedicated to Daemonbot. Although he never gets on Skype anymore, he was always there, supporting my story, and helping me out with it. Anyways, enough of my rambling, and I’ll get to it. Now I just have to remember where I left off!*

The heat was unbearable. Even with the sun setting in the Far East, the hot sticky mugginess remained. It was especially bad for a group of travelers heading to Al Hasa. They weren’t mercenaries or sellswords, just merchants looking to trade. Unfortunately, they were uneducated in clans and territories, as they made their perilous journey across the barren gravel wasteland towards the ancient town of Al Hasa. If you were a smart man, you’d know Al Hasa wasn’t a friendly rest-stop. The whole town had been overrun by zombies when the outbreak started, then a small group of savages had attempted to barricade themselves inside, but were sieged, and eventually died out. Then the bandits discovered this jewel of the wastes. Many different clans fought over the small town, known for its church and ample healing supplies. Over time though, one clan emerged victorious repetitiously. Their leader, Pink, had forcefully crushed every opposing object in her path to take control of the small town.

At first, Pink had lived a hard life (I’ll explain that later) but, she began to prove that just because she was a girl didn’t mean she was weak. After she earned the respect and fear of others, many wanted to join her in her pillage across the country. Think of her like a female Genghis Khan. That’s the best way to describe her, in a nutshell. She decimated anyone who dared oppose her. After she claimed Al Hasa for her own, she began to send out her raiding parties to scour the wastes for any nearby areas, and loot. Not long thereafter, a raiding party came back, stating they had spotted a giant. Legend tells that giants were nearly unkillable, and could crush fully armored men with one stomp of their foot. Legend also tells giants contain some of the most invaluable loot ever heard of. So, being an ambitious person, Pink sent out a battalion to kill the beast. It was quite a mess, but the battalion emerged successful, with a diamond sword to show for it.

Also incredibly invaluable, diamond swords were extremely rare, due to the fact that before the government disbanded, they gathered all the diamonds on the country, and had them smashed to pieces. That being said, a diamond sword was not only an extremely lethal weapon, it also served as a status symbol. If one had a diamond sword, he was either not to be messed with, or he was a well-known trader.

Anyways, back to the traders heading towards Al Hasa. As they neared the cracked and moss-covered walls, they all began to breathe a little easier. They had found their salvation, a town they could trade with, and then continue their journey. But as they grew closer to the ancient entrance, a horrid sight greeted them. Multiple archers clad in iron adorned the walls, with arrows drawn. One shouted out a command, then a question. None of the travelers heard him. The leader of the group, an elderly man, stepped forward to ask him to repeat what he stated. As soon as he took that first step forward, the archers released their payload of arrows. All of them found their mark, and buried themselves deep into the man’s torso. Before the rest of the merchants had time to react, the archers had restrung, and commenced on killing the rest of them. They were all dead before the sun went below the horizon.

*Well, it’s late. But that’s not bad for thirty solid minutes of typing away. Hope you guys enjoy, and leave me some feedback!*