1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

The History Of LegendaryAlex | A Brief History and more

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by LegendaryAlex, Dec 27, 2017.

The History Of LegendaryAlex | A Brief History and more
  1. LegendaryAlex Film Crew

XP:
    443,582xp
    Oi an history thread? Challenge accepted!

Hello and welcome to another episode of a brief history! Today's episode, LegendaryAlex!
    Ready?
    Set?
    Go! (Footofaret reference)

Never really made a thread about my history, soooooooo... let's gooooo! =)

Whaduuuup, my name is Alex (aka LegendaryAlex). So I started Shotbow in 2013 (or maybe 2012, idk I have and always had a bad memory). I registered on this forums pretty late after I discovered Shotbow, probably about a month or 3. Ah so it was 2013, yeah okay I started around mid 2013, which is the same year I started playing mc. I think Shotbow was one of the first servers with *uckym*ne (no advertising pls ty) that I actually loved playing on. Since I had no friends on Shotbow, I only played with my brother and a friend of my brother. We played soooooooo much Annihilation and later also Wasted. After playing too much, we kind of took a break of a year (if I remember correctly). Keep in mind that we never did something on the forums back then and that we only played on the eu.

So one year later, a friend (Gabberclown) I played Clash Of Clans (which was big back then) with and his now ex gf (MizuIsAwesome) showed me Shotbow because they thought I didn't know it. They were part of a clan called UDG and I (back then) never heard of clans. So they asked me to join UDG while we were playing a game of Skylands (again if I remember correctly). I accepted it and BOOM, a bunch of people I've never heard of. The only people I knew were Gabber and MizuIsAwesome, so I slowly talked with the people I didn't know and we later became friends. They introduced me to all the clan stuff and the other clans. Later, all the drama started, clanwars with clans that we now know as TT, TvT, GS and JTGangster and his gapplers (also known as TBC). There was a lot of toxicity and fun between these 5 clans (us included). Drama left and right! Do you now understand why Maashg misses the old times? Even though some of the clans hated each other, we also made bonds. The key people that we can still see on Shotbow of all these clans are: some of TT, me, JTGappler, DJPedro, NikoGab and Ayyeee maybe sometimes on discord and this is how I'll end this chapter.

BanterSquad (not a clan) was also a big part of SB for me, talking on ts, doing fun things in-game and don't forget the dramaaaaaa. :stuck_out_tongue: Eeeh, I kind of lost track of time, I think I am now talking about 2015/2016 or something. So the 2 leaders of UDG had a fight, we kept trying to get the clan back up but yeah we later kind of stopped doing anything and they started playing other games. One of the main events what caused everyone to quit was that one of the leaders stepped down as leader. Oh for the people that don't know yet, UDG was basically a clan for Dutch people. But yeah, more drama left, drama right! Not only 1.9 got rid of the Dutch community members, even before they dropped 1.9, the EU server didn't have too many players. So yeah not too many players were left, I think I still remember Robka and Crossteaming being online. I was also much online, I basically tried to reach Master II (that was new back then). I grinded and grinded by assassin rushing with Robka, I was maybe 5000 rank points short till... Yup (I already spoiled it earlier), on the first of June 2017 they got rid of the EU server. It sucked for some EU players like me but I guess they no choice, so I didn't make a too big of a deal out of it. I mean, they did tell us that we would get our EU Annihilation ranks back, but yeah that day hasn't come yet. :/

At the end of November, Shotbow created their own discord which was a big thing for me because I (again) met a lot of new people through Discord. It replaced the Shoutbox which was a nice place to talk to people but harder to moderate. I later started to become active on the forums, because there were so many good suggestions and interesting threads. So I saw all these staff members (don't forget also some community members) help other people by answering their questions and giving their opinions about certain suggestions. I was really pleased to see that the community actually helps new players and other players that need help, so I started helping people too. I just kept on going even though people kept accusing me for stuff that wasn't true. There was a lot of drama on the forums about Shotbow going to 1.9 and the removal of the EU server. BTW I forgot to say that a friend named Kyle (who was also from the EU and part of the BanterSquad) was the one that bought gold for me. He was a really nice dude and I thanked him a lot for it. Respect to Kyle =)! Back to the topic, I kept/keep on playing because I am not a quitter and it is hard to quit something that gave you so many memories (ha take that Stan, you ba*t*rd). Back to the "meeting people" topic, I met people like Guiga who teached me more about balancing classes and Swipe welcomed me with open arms to his clan like only a good friend would do.

So I have some remarkable people in this list that are/were amazing people to me:

Fluffoon, Swipe, Guiga, MizuIsAwesome, Gabberclown, The other part of UDG, YouSeeKenny, Damian, Aexon, vampire_toothy, CunterAttacK, Jesse, Rogue, AnniMaster, Hingey, IAnni, Melooon (Melooon and IAnni are old UDG but I still have contact with them so extra credit to them), Sevy, TheLiveNinja, DutchSurvivor, DutchBartje, Shark, MTrout, Ktrompfl, Mistri, Noobfan, Braiti, Fridge, Cat, Shrauger, Lomrun, ThomasAngery, Maashg, Radioactive, PittaPug, Crispy/Meme, Navarrthick, Infinite, Axyy, Mika, Connor, Fox, Hugo, Nube, Dinohoot, Friendly, Murgatron (where did it go wrong man :(), Trollschnitzel, Bantersquad, Kyle (xtra credits to this fella), Kubi, CCat, Cuube, Egor, Gio, Nokah, A certain Cactus, Snurkle, TheCrazyPerson, Flame, Unicycle, Aquaaaa (Acringy), Cookiemonster, Creeperker, Galactica, Saber, Nalacion, Goliacc, Fener, Instant, Seanex, Valadro/N0MY, Napterez, Bysowd, iiWonderz, Rigby, Kitpower, Miyuka, Skiller, Agredis, GogBrothers, FED/Mysterious, RunningQueen, Athys and all my fellow ducks!

These are the people I know for sure are great people, even though some of these people aren't now acting like it, doesn't mean that they never were or just aren't that in general. I dont think I missed too many people. You might be in this list and don't like some other people in this list, keep in mind that this is my view. If you wanna know if you are in it, type crtl + F and type your the first 3 letters of your name.

Keep in mind that this only is a brief history, nothing more, nothing less. I probably missed a lot of stuff in my brief history, but yeah it already took me hours and hours to make this thread.

I hope you enjoyed this thread and the 2017, I'll see some of you guys in 2018 and like always...

Have a great day!
    Avqlon likes this.

2. sharkcraz24 Platinum

XP:
    73,192xp
    i spotted shark, i guess thats me
  3. LegendaryAlex Film Crew

XP:
    443,582xp
    Hell ya, I had to shorten some names to not make it too long.

I failed ...
  4. Mistri Network Lead

XP:
    721,980xp
    Nice, but those colors hurt my eyes :zcool:
    LegendaryAlex likes this.
  5. LegendaryAlex Film Crew

XP:
    443,582xp
    Huehuehue my apologies, sir.
    I might have to remove them. :/
  6. LegendaryAlex Film Crew

XP:
    443,582xp
    Dangit Instant! xd
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  7. jinl3e Platinum

XP:
    37,662xp
    when u skip everything and go to the name part and search for your name and find it.
    EDIT: Also i think the first time I met you was in an eu game and you were like "i fan" then we just started chatting on discord

jk read the whole post, made me cri
  8. notswipe Jr. Developer

XP:
    173,614xp
  9. LegendaryAlex Film Crew

XP:
    443,582xp
    Haha :stuck_out_tongue:
    I got you fam :wink:
  10. ACrispyTortilla Retired Staff

XP:
    289,118xp

glad to be associated with a good friend xd

Also nice post ;p
  11. LegendaryAlex Film Crew

XP:
    443,582xp
    Of course, ma crispo.
    And ty.
  12. Ivandagiant Silver

XP:
    37,477xp
    I like how it's Valedro/N0my and not two separate people lol
  13. LegendaryAlex Film Crew

XP:
    443,582xp
    Oi, thanks for noticing such an interesting thing like this off my 7000 characters thread.
    It's not like there are also groups and friends counted together just so it won't be too long.
  14. sharkcraz24 Platinum

XP:
    73,192xp
    did you know that if you mention valadro and nomy you get banned?
  15. sharkcraz24 Platinum

XP:
    73,192xp
    about to be deleted ^
  16. Nikogab22 Emerald

XP:
    816,057xp
    Ouh, that's a dang nice "brief history". I always like to be mentioned somewhere :stuck_out_tongue:

Some old memories came back into my mind as well.

And of course, you'll see me more then ever in 2018 :wink:
  17. LegendaryAlex Film Crew

XP:
    443,582xp
    Hell ya, very good to hear, my dude.
  18. MTrout Platinum

XP:
    438,951xp
    Interesting history! It's nice to hear things from a non-minez point of view sometimes. :stuck_out_tongue:

:heart:
  19. LegendaryAlex Film Crew

XP:
    443,582xp
    Thank you fish, took me a really long time. Longer than you would expect. xP
    <4
  20. Goliac Silver

XP:
    60,347xp
    I swear i read it all.