1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

The Great Roleplay Brainstorm Thread

Discussion in 'Roleplay' started by steels12, Feb 13, 2014.

The Great Roleplay Brainstorm Thread | Page 9
  1. steels12 Regular Member

XP:
    14,728xp

I'd like to make it clear now that undead and zombies would be different things.

2. steels12 Regular Member

XP:
    14,728xp
    Zero Receiver

After an undetermined number of years a challenge is held for all able combatants. This competition has no registry, you are said to be chosen by god himself based upon the most deep and powerful wishes residing in the hearts of man. These nine combatants are given what is known as a Receiver, an embodiment of their wishes that can come in the form of something as small as a pen to as large as a house. The combatants are then forced to hunt one another down and do one of two things. Knocking another combatant out of the competition involves either killing said combatant, or destroying their Receiver. The one to watch over this competition, to act as The Audient is a single man lost within a place called the Nexus, a rift between worlds where inky darkness stretches out as far as the eye can see. This competition is different though, as The Audient awakens with the mark of a Receiver scrawled across his body.

Forced to pair up with a combatant The Audient, long since a combatant himself, once again has to pick up arms and fight in the bloody competition for a girl he doesn't even know. She knows too little of the competition, her dreams are pure and her body isn't fit for combat. Little does she know how dark and heinous this competition truly is. Loss means so much more than death, anyone who loses the competition has their wish, their heart’s deepest desire, contorted and broken into something vicious and disgusting. The Audient knows this more than anyone, an immortal once-human had called the Nexus his home for over a thousand years, mediating over hundreds of competitions. A self-described parasite, The Audient is more than just immortal, he is a monster. When the competition begins his body leaves its hibernating state and awakens, bringing with it the hunger and corruption that scar him from his own competition. It takes so much more than food to sate his appetite, nothing short of flesh, blood, and meat will quell the demon within.

The story centres around The Audient and his partner, his struggle to keep his demons at bay else he would tear the poor girl apart. A mutually destructive relationship between master and beast, but it doesn't take long for The Audient to recall that regardless if his partner wins, loses, or dies, he will once again be cast into the Nexus like a dog to its cage. Living in a state of endless possibilities perhaps bloodshed and cannibalism is the least of anyone’s concern, for some people call this God’s Game, but the competitors know too well that nothing but hell awaits you when the game ends.
    NikkoTheNeko likes this.
  3. XDGrangerDX Gold

XP:
    14,322xp
    The opening with the Recivers and Combatants reminds me a whole lot of Mirai Nikki. Not the most orginal setting per se, but i havent read a story like that from the "Game makers" perspective. If i understood that correctly.

Good read but im not too interrested personally.

On that note, does your idea with the undead MC stand?
  4. steels12 Regular Member

XP:
    14,728xp
    What do you mean?
  5. XDGrangerDX Gold

XP:
    14,322xp
    The "Except Death" one.
  6. steels12 Regular Member

XP:
    14,728xp

I find the whole mentor/student setup where the student is initially tentative about the mentor is so overplayed it's not even funny.
  7. XDGrangerDX Gold

XP:
    14,322xp

Of course, but thats just my suggestion. I have no better idea to initate the story you outlined, have you a better idea?
  8. steels12 Regular Member

XP:
    14,728xp

He'd have been living with the fact that he was undead for years now and did his best to blend in with society.