1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Discussion The Future of Annihilation

Discussion in 'Annihilation' started by Laserpoint, Oct 13, 2015.

Discussion - The Future of Annihilation
  1. emacs_ Platinum

XP:
    577,095xp
    (Staff edit - added line breaks)

Annihilation is currently in a bad state. Well, actually it's always been in a bad state due to the lack of respect players give.

Players have always complained about other people speaking a different language and all we can say is mute them. Then it will occur to you: "What do those other people think about me as an American if I think of them in a bad way"? This isn't new and hopefully it will end. It won't end soon, in fact it will be almost impossible for it to stop. And on the note of raging players where they can't help but CAPS LOCK in chat which will do nothing but make them look like idiots. And now clans. The annoying herd of bunch of cocky players who like spam eZ in chat (this is mostly Spanish people, no offense). Now this shit gets on my nerves. Especially when people know others hate it. EDIT: I know that noobs can be annoying by asking how to play but the only way to fix that is tell them. Or you can be mean and say shut up and then proceed to mute them. This is exactly why I wanted my Annihilation Tutorial Server added. even Highlife was thinking about adding it in (but with a few more additions.) If you want to go check it out --- https://shotbow.net/forum/threads/annihilation-tutorial-system-v2.311326/#post-2533279 (this is the V2, V1 got more feedback, would be nice for feedback on V2)

Enough of that let's talk about updates. Developers are doing all they can to fix bugs, and improve game quality. The developers have had one of their huge disappointments now and there, but they can manage to keep up and fix it. Just not in a fast way. Really slow. And I don't blame them because they have other games to work on.

Annihilation was fun one time and that was in the day were most people didn't care about hackers (because there rarely any.) It was the day where people did not care about other languages speaking (there were a lot.)

We might expect Annihilation 3.0 in around 3-5 years. Annihilation had taken about 2 years to finally be released. Let's discuss about the future of the voting system and maps.First of all, not sure what the developers were thinking when they removed the 4 voting system because of more unpopular maps and waiting for a popular map and then put it back in.

On the note of Valleys (great map if you new players don't know about). In fact the best map I would have to say. Saunders once talked about making Valleys 2.0 in an Annihilation tournament stream. I didn't record but I can assure you he did. Valleys was mostly removed because of lag. I'm hoping someone will stand up (either the players or staff) to go ahead and make a Valleys 2.0 or possibly try and retrieve that map (by now it's probably long gone.)

Let's move on to Coastal 2.0. I'm sorry I meant Rooster 2.0 A huge project that received so much attention. And after the long stretch to make it we tested it out and it worked perfectly. Of course, there was a few flaws and mistakes but those could be easily fixed with no doubt. But, something happened that the staff members never revealed (unless they did please tell me). For some crazy reason, Coastal 2.0 was never released. Now I don't understand the why the hell they would not release a perfect and amazing map for the players to play on. Was it because the map file was lost or something like that? I'm not sure but it makes me mad that we still don't have Coastal 2.0.

Now, Andorra. Also one of the greatest maps. A crappy update to ruin it however. The tower in middle is completely fine, that addition is actually pretty cool. Other than that for most players it's a bunch of more lag. Please just restore back to Andorra's former glory (Andorra 2.0). Yes, if any rookies didn't know the Andorra version before the current one was 2.0 Canyon and Castles. I'm not sure if Castles is removed but for the love of god please update Canyon and Castles to their 2.0 version (someone just make an awesome.) This is like the Washington Redskins and their need of relocating their team or just changing their name.

Ok, enough of maps let's get to the actual gameplay here. I can't even imagine what Minecraft 2.0 can hold for us and Annihilation 3.0. I mean you can't even predict 3.0 because 2.0 just came out. (February, correct me if I'm wrong.) But, I guess what I was aiming for here is just the players and maps.

What would actually be a great addition is class suggestions like the Worm class and my class the Tron. Both of these classes were pretty praised for and seemed pretty balanced to the community. If you want to check out my Tron class. I guess that's it I can't think what will be in store for Anni 3.0. You can predict what Annihilation 3.0 will be like and its community. :) Admins, please lock ASAP if flame wars begin.

2. Pray Regular Member

XP:
    74,148xp
  3. TheKitty Retired Catministrator

XP:
    90,682xp
    I added in line breaks, trying not to change any of your actual message. Hopefully that will make it easier for people to read and discuss. Re-edit as you need.
  4. KamiyaKraft Regular Member

XP:
    18,299xp
    lack of respected players: 100% true. Although they might've not been the best role models, oh man oh man, games got fun when you saw chaos or the otherbears on

bring back andorra 2.0: YES, other maps i dont care about

More classes: No this game doesn't need more classes
    CoastinJosh likes this.
  5. softsocks Platinum

XP:
    58,983xp
    yeah can i become admin since i find hackers every game im in

Jokes aside and I don't mean this in a bad way, but the way Annihilation is going there probably won't be Anni in 3 years (unless some youtuber makes it popular or a miracle happens)
    Kazumii_, GopherAsassain and boxic101 like this.
  6. Hunsel Platinum

XP:
    93,455xp
    I completely agree. Just seeing people in the chat go "Stop Japanese please" and stuff like that makes me pissed. You pointed out alot of things that are unfortunately, true.
    iPabloCL_ likes this.
  7. drewko09 Platinum

XP:
    216,380xp
    Shotbow has been at a steady player count for like a year now, i think hackers/flaming and such is part of every minecraft game, you cant really control it.
    Fluffoon likes this.
  8. Arkenssine Regular Member

XP:
    26,720xp
    The way I see it the game is not new player friendly, the server is still pay2win in a large way, I suggest buffing xp gain and nerfing clans, it will make the game so much more balanced and new players will actually see xp progress, 6000 kills gives you 18,000 xp I see it will take forever to get just 3 classes
  9. emacs_ Platinum

XP:
    577,095xp
    Thanks for that
  10. ManiacMiner13 Regular Member

XP:
    10,973xp
    I see what you mean. I think is nearly alright as it is however there are a few twicks to be done and those odd played who are horrid. I'm sure you are just like me who go on it to have fun not to be horrid. Love you post sound like a great person. Well Done.
  11. prorsus Emerald

XP:
    1,815,227xp
    Andorra 3.9.2 delivered some pretty good changes/improvements imo. Indeed, there are ''messy''/overcrowded areas which could make you start to lag. Yet instead of going back to Andorra 2.0 we should start on giving whoever's dealing with the map rn our feedback and help him/her improve the map even more.

(also, this doesn't just apply to Andorra.)
    Sevy13 likes this.
  12. JeTi_Brothers Platinum

XP:
    215,738xp
    LOL steady? It has 1500 players on 1 day amd i see 550 the other day. Also the numbers keep dropping. Every body knows it.
  13. Murgatron Retired Staff

XP:
    970,785xp

I have to disagree with Annihilation taking 2 years to come out, it's been through various updates/patches but the core mechanics have always been there :stuck_out_tongue:

Valleys 2.0 exists, awaiting further edits and testing as far as I can recall!

Coastal 2.0 also exists. Not sure what the status of its implementation is currently however, sorry!

A purely subjective argument for Andorra, many people who voted preferred the updated Andorra to the original. Whilst the results are close there is no easy way currently to rotate maps without developer access (which is something we are working on). If this was the case we could maybe look at alternating the versions per month instead!

Again for the same reasons above, map rotation work is not as easily done as we'd like but fingers crossed for the future :D

Overall I'd say, speaking as a player for way longer than a staff member, Annihilation is in the best state yet! Sure there are thing we could add/tweak but the game is fairly solid right now and other upcoming projects (Wasted Control is seriously going to kick some ass) need love too :heart:
  14. drewko09 Platinum

XP:
    216,380xp
    weekend - school
    Fluffoon likes this.
  15. Smartzz Emerald

XP:
    194,786xp

Mr. Murgatron, with all do respect. Anni is dead. We need to have a week to revert anni back to the DAY it was released and see what happens! It would be funny! (Bedrock wall removal made me cry. He was my only friend! Rip in pepperonis... )
  16. softsocks Platinum

XP:
    58,983xp
    how would you nerf clans aka teamwork?

EDIT: Just stating my OPINION. Annihilation was better in my opinion back in the day when there was like 4000 people on Shotbow. And again this is my opinion, but that classes really need to get more touched on. All I see now a days are the usual scout, acro, miner, etc. I would love to see people use classes like berserker, thor, succubus, and others but they are weak compared to the almighty scout.
  17. Braiti Platinum

XP:
    87,241xp
    It took you guys this long to figure out Annihilation is dead?

*Looks at watch*

You're a few months too late ._.
  18. softsocks Platinum

XP:
    58,983xp
    It's not really "dead" but it's more like Anni is dying slowly due to hackers and cocky players discouraging newbies.
  19. Braiti Platinum

XP:
    87,241xp
    Nope, it's definitely dead.
  20. Keyboard Platinum

XP:
    213,353xp
    wishful thinking: the thread