1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Other The Frostbain Incident - Short Story

Discussion in 'MineZ' started by ShayminPlays, Sep 14, 2020 at 2:01 PM.

Other - The Frostbain Incident - Short Story
?

What did you think?

I liked it! 0 vote(s) 0.0%
I didn't like it... 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Roleplayers 6 vote(s) 100.0%
  1. ShayminPlays Platinum

XP:
    98,753xp
    On ██/██/████ the transmission below was received by a small coalition of survivors, who were at the time located within the secure shelter of Cole Castle. The message of disputed origin was broadcast on radio frequency 107.6 at 6:23pm Eastern Standard Time. The first segment lasted scarcely short of one minute in duration:

Following the influx of a new, previously unseen type of zombie in the far north of the known world, survivors have flocked to the volcanic crags in order to seek out a potential new looting opportunity. We were some of the fortunate few to survive an encounter with these “Scorchers”, though this cannot be said for other, less prepared travellers. The unstable entity’s unique ability to set its surroundings ablaze if damaged in rapid succession, as well as its resilience to arrows, made it a force to be reckoned with. It is heavily advised that any daring thrill-seekers willing to brave a battle with these beings utilise the surrounding rivers and lakes to their advantage, as they will offer protection from the Scorcher’s flames.

The second segment of the transmission was broadcast from the same origin, starting at 6:24pm Eastern Standard Time and lasting for one minute and thirty-seven seconds. The speaker has been identified as the ██████████, ██████:

Just like the river and the lakes protected us from the flames of the Scorcher, the elixir it provided us allowed our group to survive the infernos of Frostbain Catacombs. Though it was due to the concoction our men survived, it was our own strength and resolve that allowed us to overcome the challenges that lay beneath Agni’s cathedral. We emerged from that crypt barely five minutes ago, relieved to see the surface and thankful to live another day. Yet it seems the world beckons for us to throw ourselves back into danger. Though I may live to carry these relics and riches from the catacombs, I will be spectating a battle between three of my allies and █████ █████████ ██ ███ ████████ ██████████. I have great confidence in my teammates, don’t get me wrong, but I’ve never not felt nervous about this kinda thing. I may live, but there is a reality where the same can’t be said for my friends. I can’t think this fight will be on friendly terms either, regardless of the agreement between our parties. We killed a ███ █████████ today under my guidance, and though I trust that whole group to take it on the chin, you can never really trust anyone not to be a scumbag at one point or another. From my experience, at least. There’s an unspoken rule in this world: you never dishonour a duel. Heh, it’s not like anybody cares these days though.

In the third and final segment, starting at 6:26pm Eastern Standard Time, a conversation is initiated between ██████’s party and the ████████ ██████████ party. The ensuing discussion is mostly unintelligible, though one can derive from prior context that the two groups were organising a three-versus-three fight to the death. At 6:27pm EST, the otherwise calm dialogue transitions into sounds of panicked breathing and footsteps as an audible battlecry can be heard in the background. Amidst the sounds of screams, explosions and bowfire, the rustling of metal and leather (?) can be heard, followed by █ █████████ ██ ███████ ██████. The broadcast abruptly ends at 6:28pm EST.

The witnesses at Cole Castle, who brought this broadcast to the attention of █████ █████████ at Mount Longton, were extensively interviewed in the wake of the initial transmission. No link between the witnesses and the broadcasters could be identified, and their use of frequency 107.6 was concluded to be merely coincidental. The deceased of the incident, or the security of ██████████ ██████, have yet to be confirmed.

2. tyjle Regular Member

XP:
    33,043xp
  3. Oraceon Obsidian

XP:
    6,287xp
    I feel like I just read a document I shouldn't have from Call of Duty: Black Ops.

The numbers, Shaymin, what do they mean?