1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Annihilation The Final Blow

Discussion in 'Roleplay' started by Nedyar10, Sep 9, 2016.

Annihilation - The Final Blow
  1. Nedyar10 Regular Member

XP:
    28,532xp
    Annihilation: The Final Blow

Please do not comment here
    Send your constructive criticism here instead
    This is where you could report grammatical and spelling errors as well as suggestions. It’s also where I post the intended schedule for the different chapters and maybe even character applications

Short Description
    The story is about a teenager named Roy and his friends Mike and Aiden. Roy in the story tries to accomplish his ultimate goal, the goal of eliminate a team by dealing the final blow. This story is more on roleplaying the actual players instead of the in-game characters they control. The story takes place in the point-of-view of Roy. This story is kid-friendly (if you want to call it that). The language is very mild although there may be errors when it comes to grammar

A few notes before we begin
    • Italic paragraphs are flashbacks from Roy’s memory
    • I am aware that some of the punctuation in the story is wrong but this is just how I write. Let me know if this disrupts you from the story
    Ex. I see them coming. Their eyes glowing. It’s nothing I’ve ever seen before
    • Remember that this takes place in Roy’s perspective, not in the perspective of his minecraft character.
    • This is not a true story. The main character does not resemble me as a person
    • The story starts of with a part of the story told first. The remaining chapters of the story explain how that event happened (In Medias Res)
    Hope you enjoy!
    mrnutty12 likes this.

2. Nedyar10 Regular Member

XP:
    28,532xp
    Coastal can be a great map, until you play it over and over again non-stop… But that hasn’t stopped me from playing. Not forever anyway

We finally made it down those stairs leading to the nexus. That… was a nightmare. Red leather people coming in from all directions. My health dropped like crazy. I knew it was a risk freeing Aiden from that swapper trap. There were just so many of them and now I’ve taken so much damage. I saw Mike as we entered, keeping his post. Spam-clicking with his diamond sword. Defending us from defenders… how ironic? But I quickly moved that thought aside

“Took you guys long enough” Mike says still spam-clicking his sword

“Why didn’t you come help us back there” I questioned with a bit of rage. “We could have died back there”

“You think I could with all these people after me?”

I guess he was right. 3 attackers against 30 other people. Most of them went after Mike, being the one near the nexus. Aiden stood beside Mike and started spam-clicking his sword

“Mine that nexus already!” Aiden said almost shouting

“Watch your volume Aiden. You’re gonna make my ears bleed” Mike complained

“Oh… woops. Sorry man”

I simply ignored the conversation they had and took my golden pick. Enchanted and glowing. I quickly stood behind the nexus. I started mining. The nexus cracked very quickly… Bang!

The sounds of anvils smashing filled the air. Those sounds never get old. They always excite me. I made a small grin in my face. This is what I’ve been waiting for. This exact moment. We worked too hard for this and now it has finally paid off

“Well? How do you feel? Bet it feels good huh?” Mike said. I can hear his mouse clicking like there’s no tomorrow. It’s almost like he’s alien of some sort

“Oh you better believe it” I respond

“No rush man. Take your time” Aiden said sarcastically. I could almost imagine his eyes roll at me

“I’m going as fast as I can okay?”

I don’t think Aiden really appreciates the game that much. I guess forcing him to play wasn’t as good of an idea as I thought but we needed him. Without him, this would be near to impossible. As I mined the nexus, my small grin turned into a big smile. More anvil sounds. More death sounds occur beside me as I mine. More! I thought. I remember almost making a maniacal laugh right there. I look in chat

Royman0_0 has damaged the Red team’s Nexus!
    +2xp

Red’s nexus turned to 58. 56. 54. Hah! Whose nexus is EZ now? I thought to myself. Things were finally going our way. At least that’s what I thought, until I heard a sound. A small ding sound. My heart stopped for a second. My shock made me let go of my mouse. This was the thing I feared the most. I look at the bottom of my screen

“Yellow’s nexus is under attack”

Crap
  3. Nedyar10 Regular Member

XP:
    28,532xp
    Episode 1: Getting Started

Hello there! I see you took your time to read this far. I’m just glad you’re here. It’s always good to have someone around. No one really talks to me in chat… or in real life, but enough said. You came here for the story right? Well usually, I would personally start with a simple greeting, so I guess that’s what I’ll start with. Hi there! My name is Roy. A simple teenager who plays Shotbow at the weekends. That person that sits quietly in his room. The person that empties the refrigerator at night. That’s me in a nutshell. This is the story of how my ultimate goal in Annihilation was finally accomplished, the goal of dealing the final blow to an enemy nexus…

Now I know what you may be thinking. “That’s a pretty stupid goal” and you may be right but I’ve been playing Annihilation for over a year, going offensive, mining nexuses and to be fair, I’ve actually never eliminated a team before. Uhh… How can I explain this better? It’s the like pvping for over a year and yet you never had a triple kill before. It’s just… weird really. And when you start to be determined on achieving that goal, you don’t stop being determined

Today was like any other day

Or at least that’s what I thought…

-------()-------

“You sure he’s awake?”

I finally turned 11. Usually I would feel excited when my birthday would come, but this year, I didn’t feel as excited. I guess you can’t make every birthday more special then the last. Eventually your parents would have to stop giving you those big toys… today wasn’t that day. The moment I woke up, my parents quickly ended their conversation and waited for me to fully open my eyes. When I did, my parents and my brother started singing. My brother held up his digital camera and recorded.

“Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday dear Robert… Happy birthday… To… You…”

I don’t know why they sang the song that early. I thought you were only supposed to sing when there were candles and cake. My dad quickly pulled me up and took me to his office room. He’s always the most energetic among the family. He dragged me across the house, while I was basically half-asleep. The rest of the family followed us from behind. When we arrived, he showed me his laptop, still on. He moves himself in front of me, grabbed me on both shoulders and said with a smile

“I hope this is what you wanted”

He quickly moves out of the way and what I saw changed my life

The minecraft launcher… with a logged-in profile

-------()-------

I logged into Shotbow. Connecting to the server, logging in, downloading terrain… Come on now. Ah there you go I thought as the Shotbow lobby quickly replaced the loading screen. I then followed my standard routine. I typed in chat /ping and a message popped up

RoyMan0_0’s Ping: 216

Trust me when I say I actually rejoiced. A ping of 200 is very rare to me. I never understood why people complain when their internet is slow and yet their ping is 100 or 150. You try living in Asia. We never get good connection here or at least… I don’t. The usual ping I get in Shotbow would be 500-700 and that’s if I don’t get unlucky. I don’t usually complain about the internet here though. You learn to live with lag… eventually

I decided to check in skype to see if Mike was online. We haven’t played together for about two weeks now. I saw that he was online. In fact, I think he was waiting for me. I gave him a skype call request and he quickly answered the call

“Hello?” I asked thinking that he would somehow not answer

“Long time no see huh?” Mike responded, sounding very excited

Mike is very passionate when it comes to Shotbow. Always there to play a game or two. He’s that guy who likes to be optimistic in life. I guess that means that he sees the glass half-full. Every time he loses a match, he would keep himself going by saying things like “Pshh, I definitely would win the next game” or “Bummer… now it’s time to get serious!” He almost sounds childish in a way. He never wants to stop playing until he wins his final game. Don’t worry though. I’m sure he’s not actually a child… unless he just has a really deep voice for some reason.

Sadly I never met the man in person. We lived in different countries that are very far apart. My time zone is eight hours ahead of his, making it harder for us to schedule our games. We haven’t even seen each other’s faces despite having skype. We talked about using facecam once but then we didn’t push through with it. I guess it just feels more comfortable to talk to a voice in your ear rather than to talk to them face-to-face. We like to keep things simple you know? We don’t like to get too personal with any of our conversation. I guess that means Mike somehow isn’t really considered a “friend”. More of a play-buddy I suppose. Then again, he is always there… in minecraft, so I don’t know if that counts

“Well school’s the one to blame here” I replied, raising my voice a little. “Homework and stuff you know? I just didn’t expect this much at the first week”

“I’m just glad my summer finally started”

“Ahh! Why do you get to have all the fun?” I complained, sounding childish

“Hey, you had your two months. Now it’s my turn” Mike said proudly

We then decided to play a game of Annihilation. We clicked our compasses, left-clicked the endstone block and got quickly moved into the Annihilation lobby. I remember a quick comment Mike made as I got teleported. Something about a compass. I think he mentioned the fact that there’s a second compass in your inventory. Why is there another compass? Is it in case you accidently pressed q to the first compass in the hotbar? The world may never know…

We had two choices of games. There were either Hamlet or Skylands. The rest were grayish colored, which we simply ignored

“You feeling Hamlet today?” Mike asked

“Nah… I prefer Skylands. I haven’t seen that map in a long time”

“If you say so…”

We joined the Skylands game. It was still at Phase 1 so we didn’t we worry too much on time. We join the team we always join together. Blue Team. Except this time, the blue team was already full. I then told Mike that I’ll be joining yellow instead and so he quickly followed. I got teleported into the world

The first thing that I noticed was my hotbar. Something was wrong

“Shoot!” I said instinctively

“Why? What’s wrong?” Mike asked with concern

“I forgot to choose my class”