1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Discussion The Ethics of Mine Rushing

Discussion in 'Annihilation' started by Wunderpus, Mar 10, 2014.

Discussion - The Ethics of Mine Rushing
?

Is mine rushing ethical?

Yes 10 vote(s) 24.4%
No 1 vote(s) 2.4%
It's super effective! 30 vote(s) 73.2%
  1. Wun Gold

XP:
    109,844xp
    So, I was just wondering what the community's opinion on mine rushing was. I played this game yesterday where there was a full iron who kept mine rushing us, and it made it very difficult to get iron. Thusly, I vote it as unethical.

2. Murgatron Retired Staff

XP:
    970,785xp
    Er...this is PvP. There are no rules, no honour or anything. Get your head out of the clouds :stuck_out_tongue:

If you want to keep safe in the mines then blockade the entrances, bring a bow and arrows and some teammates.

On the flip side professionals do have standards:

• Leave no enemies alive
    • Let no enemies get away
    • Raid all major mines
    :cool:
  3. the_grim_sleeper Obsidian

XP:
    31,765xp
    This man killed me, thusly I vote it as unethical.
    - Wunderpus

Seriously, this is a PvP game!

Mine rushing is a valid tactic, and a very effective, yet underused one.
    Strength rushes are prevented by it, teams are crippled by it, and rushers benefit from it.

But seriously, if ONE guy in full iron stops your entire team from getting iron, they don't deserve to mine.
  4. nray93 Silver

XP:
    19,291xp
    In war and love anything is fine.
    Annhilation is war. Be the biggest douche to your enemys use their weaknesses, use evil tactics, all that counts is winning (and not having a hacked client).

TL; DR : Yes it is ethicly correct.
  5. Friend1908 Regular Member

XP:
    48,998xp
    Who cares? Its pvp war based game. Unless your hacking are being disrespectful beyond reason anything goes.
    atheil likes this.
  6. hissssssss Emerald

XP:
    70,137xp
    mine rushing is a good thing, it makes it harder for the other team to get ores which leads to victory in the future because the only way for them to get armor or potions from then is to mine rush themself or kill someone with it.
  7. Wun Gold

XP:
    109,844xp
    Eh. You make valid points. I agree that it is an effective tactic (I meant that vote as a joke -.-), but it always looks kind of nooby from my perspective. Also, Sleeper, I agree. My team sucked that game. They tried to kill him in a strength II rush, and failed.
    Why is winning all that counts if you don't like hacked clients? Isn't that just an easier way to win?
  8. Murgatron Retired Staff

XP:
    970,785xp

Yes but that is not legitimate and against the rules o_O
  9. Manguala Platinum

XP:
    23,636xp
    lol
  10. Evilbanana5757 Platinum

XP:
    2,523xp
    seems liek ur just a mad m8 m8 y not try kiling the iron m8??
  11. Megaplaylist64 Platinum

XP:
    18,107xp
    No honour or anything, this explains everything!

- People dont care about being c*cks*ckers, they just wanna do dem Str2s.
    - Some people dont really care about honor when they use hacks.

About the mine rushing thing, i believe its fine. It can be considered a fair tatic since most of the rushers barely got gear and go YOLOing alone. I already mine rushed for berserker kills and maybe some ores, and the mine rushers i kill defending my base are just more hearts in my health :wink:.
  12. Wun Gold

XP:
    109,844xp
    Doesn't the fact that a legitimate win that follows rules is desirable to you reveal that, in fact, you play for fun, i.e. not for winning? And there arises my point: being mine rushed isn't fun. Being killed while on a heroic invisible rush is fun, but being killed while mining isn't.

EDIT:
    I agree, but when you are mine rushed by a full iron with strength, that's where I take issue.
  13. Murgatron Retired Staff

XP:
    970,785xp
    For the raider that is their fun. Again there are ways to counter it and defending a small "fort" in the mine can be fun at times :)
  14. Wun Gold

XP:
    109,844xp
    But it isn't fun for the raidee. o_O
  15. dhiguchi Silver

XP:
    13,962xp
    Aren't there 2 iron mines....
  16. Wun Gold

XP:
    109,844xp
    Mainly, I was complaining about the gold mine. However, one is rushed because it's popular, the other because it's closer to enemy bases.
  17. DieDream Obsidian

XP:
    42,823xp
    even if they had full iron. it is a loss for your team and a gain for theirs
  18. Moquito35 Regular Member

XP:
    18,032xp
    At least Wunder didn't say the rusher had hacks :stuck_out_tongue:
  19. nray93 Silver

XP:
    19,291xp
    Hacked Client -> Actuall evidence -> Player Report -> Ban -> no more wins. With that chain I can reason why hacked clients are a bad idea if you want to win. I know there are more reasons why they are bad but I am only mentioning the one relevant for my train of thoughts from earlier.
  20. Wun Gold

XP:
    109,844xp
    Nah, I recognize skill when I see it. My entire team called hacks though. :wink:
    Well, I guess I just prefer playing to have fun rather than win. Silly me.