1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

MineZ The Adventures of Wade Freeman Books

Discussion in 'Roleplay' started by wade654, Apr 29, 2013.

MineZ - The Adventures of Wade Freeman Books
  1. wade654 Regular Member

XP:
    23,675xp
    This is the backstory for Wade from YurtleFlurt's story. This is not cannon with Byzantine's Wade, but they are essentially the same person. Here you go. The Story of "Girdon" Freeman.

Book One: The Rise of Wade Freeman

[spoiler=Prologue: How it All Began]
    Our story focuses in on Wade "Girdon" Freeman, who is due to receive a medal for his heroic actions in defending Romero from a massive bandit assault. Fresh off the battlefield, and with his standard equipment near him (Diamond Sword, Shotbow, Special Quiver capable of holding 6 clips of arrows, a few medical packs, aka: Heal Pots, bandages, and a couple bottles of water bottles), he has just awoken from last nights hangover at the Gentleman's Club across the street from the Golden Gables. He chose the worst possible moment to get a hangover. [/spoiler]

[spoiler=Chapter 1: Just Your Average Day In Grimdale]
    When I awoke from my sleep-over (hangover/sleep), I was very disoriented. There was a very loud sound coming from my pack, which was over in the corner. I was about to smash it in two when I realized that it was my Army Radio. Since it was a little bit better than most radios (and due to my tinkering over the years), it could get nearly all the channels, except the Presidential Channel. Hadn't quite hacked, I mean, tuned into, that channel yet. From what I overheard, there was large reports of rioting across the continent, after some new cult receiving quite a large following. Their stronghold was reportedly somewhere far up North, near Crowmure. Incidentally, Crowmure was the first town to "fall" to the new cult. At least, that's what I heard from the radio. After listening to the radio for a few minutes (which mainly told us the same old crisis BS: Stay inside, lock your windows and doors, and barricade yourself in like its the Apocalypse), I headed to the gate to see how the guards were doing. On the way out, the owner, Paul (who was the distant cousin of the first owner of the hotel) told me that he was glad I was staying there. "Why do you say that, Paul?"
    "Well, the radio was talking about how earlier, the Freaks were advancing Southward."
    "Is that so, Paul? I would have thought that they Government would have contained it by now."
    "That's far from it Wade. The cult, which is said to be more dangerous than we thought, is heading its way here. They've already taken the Abandoned Fortress near Yawpton, and are said to be planning a raid on Yawpton soon."
    "Yawpton, Yawpton, isn't that the place where the crazy guy built that Anti-Zombie Fortress?"
    "Yeah, that's near it. That guy's never gonna get his money back."
    "Yeah. Well, keep yourself safe. I'm gonna talk to a friend of mine on Guard Duty."
    "Alright see ya."
    After I wished him well, I walked to the town's exit to see that the gate was closed.
    "Hey, why're we locking down the town, Frank?"
    "Well, Wade, we got reports that the Bloodred Dragons are coming to take Grimdale. We need everyone to be on high alert, and have mobilized the National Guard to help defend the town. After all, this is the one time when the President is in town for a meeting."
    "Who are the Bloodred Dragons?"
    "You listen to the radio? How its chattering about a new cult? Well, this is the new cult. They call themselves the Bloodred Dragons, and they took Yawpton last night. Thankfully, the civilian stations haven't caught wind of this. Thankfully, Yawpton destroyed most of its heavy armor and intelligence before everyone pulled out, but we lost a couple people. Poor b*******, they gave their lives so the rest could live. After they got out of Yawpton, they came here and stayed in the church's basement."
    "So, do you think we can fend them off?"
    "Probably, but I wouldn't mind having you around to help, Wade."
    "Well, I'm gonna grab something to eat. See ya around, Frank."
    "See ya later, Wade."
    After that, I traded some currency for a wooden hoe, as I had always wanted to purchase the small farm outside Grimdale, or perhaps make a new farm. When it started to get late, I retired to my quarters in the Inn. Little did I know that tomorrow was gonna be a long day....
    [/spoiler]

[spoiler=Chapter 2: Well, Didn't See That Coming]
    Around midnight, I heard the explosion. The attack the guard told me had commenced. I grabbed my gear, my weapons, and my pack and threw it on hurriedly. I ran downstairs to see that Paul had turned a sickly green color.
    "Paul, you ok buddy?"
    "ARHGAPHARBLESDARG"
    "Paul, you need a glass of milk?"
    Suddenly, he lurched out at me. As suddenly as he attacked, he was bolted to the wall. I turned to see my friend, who we all called Byzantine because we didn't ever learn his real name, with a bow in his hand.
    "Byzantine, I thought you were among the dead at Yawpton!"
    "I almost was, until a guy who's name I didn't catch, because he died fighting off the attack. I gathered the civilians and we ran to Portsmouth. Then the radio said to regroup here. Little did we know that our final stand would be here. The Bloodred Dragons look like unintelligent brutes, but they some-how managed to make a bio-weapon and release it on Crowmure. What your looking at is the begging of a zombie invasion."
    "Huh. I say we get some grub. Does the local Farm sound good to you?"
    "Yeah, anywhere out of the city."
    "Good. I'll hold off the zeds while you round up the towns people."
    "Gotcha. How much time?"
    "You got 2 minutes."
    Before the words even left my mouth, he was out and about, banging on doors, yelling, screaming, getting people up. I held off the zombies at the gate with my trusty Shotbow, which was the newer, silenced version, picking them off when they got within 100 meters. As soon as I ran out of arrows, Byzantine came back with a load of people. A few kids, some soldiers (or wannabe's), and some average Joes and Janes. Totaling about 5 (excluding Byzantine and me), we departed Grimdale. To ensure our escape, I yelled to the remaining guards to draw the zombies away from us. Knowing that they were soon about to perish, they complied, firing at the zeds like there was no tomorrow. I led my group to the Grimdale Farm and told them to stay quiet. I saw the farmer, and, before even saying anything, he sprinted at me, knocking my helmet off. I pulled out my Diamond Sword (a family heirloom) and decapitated him. Luckily, he had just harvested his crops a few weeks ago, so none of it was inedible, and managed to plant some more crops before he perished.
    "Alright everyone, its clear. Get the kids and the unarmed into the barn, NOW! I want the soldiers on the grain silo, acting as guards. Byzantine, inside the farmhouse with me."
    Everyone got to their positions, and started munching on the new found treats.
    "Byzantine, I've never managed a group this size. I don't know how this is gonna turn out...."
    [/spoiler]

[spoiler=Chapter 3: We Are Family]
    "Don't worry Wade, you'll turn out fine."
    "Thanks Byzantine. So far, thanks to my hoe, we've been able to eat, but I don't know how long that's gonna last. We also don't have enough armor and weapons for the entire group. We were barely able to scrape together a set of leather for each of them. To add onto the 20 billion layer crapcake, I barely know these people!"
    "Well, go talk to them! I'll get on the radio and see what's up."
    "Thanks Byzantine. I'm glad I met, and subsequently saved, your a**."
    Following Byzantine's words, I went to the Farm, where I sat down and started to chat. I learned that the five other people besides the two soldiers were Tom Evans and his wife, Lisa, and their daughter, Kim. I also met an older fellow by the name of Bill who told me he was in the Special Forces, and the most beautiful woman you will ever meet. Though she said she was an older lady, her body told otherwise. She had the figure of a model, and, even though she was a blonde, could hold up quite the conversation. Her name was Theresa Everglade, and she said she had a husband named Joshua and a son named Greg. Sadly, she was separated from her husband and son, but she told me that they were out there somewhere. The most striking thing about her was that her smile could light up a room. It was infectious (in a good way). It even cheered up little Kim, who had never smiled since we first found her. Later, I talked to the guards, and learned that they were a father-son duo. Rob (short for Robert) was the father, and who provided his son with the supplies, and his son Bob (short for, weirdly, Bartholomew) who wasn't that bad in combat. Neither was his father. Infact, I had an idea that just might save all our asses, for a bit anyways...
    [/spoiler]

[spoiler=Chapter 4: Planning, Like a Boss]
    "Byzantine, get on the loudspeaker. I need everyone assembled in the open area infront of the silo."
    "Gotcha."
    I expected the sound to be loud, but not as loud as it was.
    "EVERYONE PLEASE REPORT TO THE AREA INFRONT OF THE GRAIN SILO. THANKS."
    I saw my ragtag group of survivors with me, looking cheery but afraid.
    "Alright, everyone listen up. I have a plan to better arm ourselves, but I need a few brave volunteers."
    After I said that, their was a brief silence until Bill and Theresa spoke up.
    "We'll go," they said in semi-unison.
    "Great. You two empty your inventory of junk. I also need one of the soldiers to come with me to help with the zombie problem."
    The father, Rob, spoke up, agreeing to come with.
    "Great. You three meet me in the farmhouse after you come back with only weapons, a small amount of food, and some health kits."
    After about 30 minutes, the team assembled in the farmhouse, ready to execute my plan.
    "Alright ladies and gentlemen, the plan is to head back into Grimdale and secure some arms and armor. I know of this because, from the Silo view, Grimdale was last seen burning. Assuming this is true, the guards are probably all dead, so thus they don't need their armor. We need it. We also need medical supplies, as the people up North are the hardest, toughest, roughest sons-a-guns, so we're gonna get scratched and bruised if we go up there to get to the Armories. To sum it up: I need everyone to have a mix of chain armor and leather armor, thought all chain would be preferred, so that's 5 sets of chain. Two of the group need chain armor, so that takes care of two sets. I still need 3 sets of armor though, so that means that you guys will have to take 1 spare set each. I want everyone to stay in groups of two, so Theresa, your with me and Bill, your with Bob. Everyone ready?"
    "YES SIR!" they said in unison.
    "Lets move."
    [/spoiler]

[spoiler=Chapter 5: We're Off to Get Armor, at the Infected City of Grimdale!]
    We traveled for a while before seeing the grand city of Grimdale. Or what's left of it, that is. At the front gate, I saw a dead guard, wondering around in some perfectly good chain armor. I was about to decapitate him when an arrow came out of no-where, killing the zombie. I retreated behind what was left of the wall and yelled out, "Hello? Who's there?"
    "Wade, is that you?"
    "Frank! Its good to see you!"
    "Same to you. I've been sitting on the roof of the Golden Gables, sniping the undead. Mainly, I've just been trying to keep the town inside."
    "What do you mean by 'Keeping the town inside'?"
    "Well, I managed to barricade the Golden Gables' back entrances, the ones into town, with some old wood boards I found. I don't think that there's anyone still in there, so I've mainly been warning people away. Anyways, what brings you to my neck of the woods?"
    "Well, I need weapons and armor for my group. 5 sets of chain armor."
    "Let me go check.... Yeah, your screwed."
    "Why do you say that?"
    "Well, there's a ton of zeds, and your group doesn't look like it can take them."
    "Bullcrap, let me up on the roof. I can take care of them."
    "Alright, Mr Hotshot. Good luck, you daft fool."
    Frank let me onto the roof, and, once I got in a comfortable position, mounted my Silenced Shotbow. I took aim at a group of zombies and shot 5 arrows into the crowd. It took out almost all of them, so I threw a stone knife I had found earlier at it. The knife made a clean decapitation. Afterwards, I essentially cleared out the entire courtyard, so my group and I proceeded inside to loot, with Frank giving me funny looks and covering us afterwards. We found 3 sets of chain, nearly without a scratch on them, and a fourth that wasn't too badly damaged. Needing health potions, we heading inside the church. We went upstairs, decapitated the minister (who was a zombie and had plenty of "Holy Water",essentially a Health Kit, on him) and went away pretty happy. That's when Frank got on the radio, saying, "Group of people, well armed, coming towards Grimdale. I need backup on the rooftop."
    "On my way Frank."
    Since we were decently armed, I gave my shotbow to Frank and told him to cover me while I talked with the group of people. I kept my diamond sword, just in case. We agreed that the signal was if I scratched my ass twice in a row. If I did that, the group would fire upon the approaching people.
    "Hey, what brings you to Grimdale?"
    "Well, we need to kick your ass."
    "Shit...."
    [/spoiler]

[spoiler=Chapter 6: Scratching My Ass Like There's No Tomorrow]
    "Ok, can't we work something out?"
    After I said that, I scratched my ass.
    "Nope. We're gonna kick your ass."
    "Really? Whatcha got?"
    I scratched my ass again, the signal.
    "Iron Swords and bows. But its two versus one! You can't possibly win!"
    "Wrong, asshole."
    As quick as I said that, I drew my diamond sword and sliced his guts open, while the other guy watched. Then, he charged at me, waving his sword like someone from a Monty Python skit, so I sliced the other guy's head open. After I got done with the two bandit newbies, I got on the radio, pissed as all ever.
    "Guys, where the hell were you?"
    "Wait, you needed us? Oh. Oops. We were telling stories."
    "Dammit guys. Act like you got some sense. When I get back to Grimdale, I'm calling Byzantine to check up on him. Also, can someone come here? I need some help carrying the Bandits' packs."
    20 minutes later, we were off, Frank, Bill, Rob, and Theresa and I. Our packs were loaded with food and health and everything we needed, and Byzantine said everything was OK. This day was shaping up to be pretty good.
    [/spoiler]

[spoiler=Chapter 7: BANDITS!!]
    Once we got to the outskirts of the farm, we heard an explosion. I ran towards the farm to find some Iron bandits firing on the Silo. I snuck up behind one bandit and shot him with the silenced shotbow, then decapitated the other with my diamond sword.
    "Is that all?"
    "NOPE. BEHIND YOU."
    I quickly turned around and stabbed the other iron-clad attacker with my sword, then decapitated him for good measure.
    "Alright, who did we lose?"
    "Luckily, we lost no-one. Kim, poor thing, she got some shrapnel in her arm, but I fixed her arm, removing the shrapnel and cleaning the wound. Bob got blown off the Silo and busted his leg, but he's expected to make a full recovery after a few days. Also, I see we got three sets of iron armor, and a couple sets of chain."
    "Yeah, help me go through their packs."
    Going through the packs, we found 3 sets of iron armor, a moderate amount of food and health kits. They also had some Iron Swords and Enchanted Bows, which was great considering we had literally nothing before this.
    "Alright, Byzantine, arm Bob and Rob with the Iron Armor and take the spares and repair yours as much as you can. After your done with that, tell everyone to meet me in the semi-courtyard."
    "Gotcha."
    After about 20 minutes, everyone assembled, wearing their new set of chain armor and wielding an Iron or Stone sword.
    "Alright everyone. We had our first bandit attack today. Thankfully, no-one was killed, except for the bandits themselves. We can't stay here any longer. We need to find a safe place to settle. I know of a town, up North-ish, that has walls and food. Its led by a friend of mine, an old army buddy. Its safe, with a couple tens of people living there. From what I heard on the radio, they're also well equipped, with a surplus of Iron Armor and Diamond Swords. Anyways, we need to leave now. Take as much food and water as you can carry without sacrificing on weapons. We leave tomorrow morning."
    Little did I know something very, very bad was gonna happen.
    [/spoiler]

[spoiler=Chapter 8: MORE BANDITS ]
    If we would have left a bit earlier, we might have been luckier. It was a about mid-morning. We were preparing to leave when suddenly, a loud explosion came from the Silo. Rob and Bob were catapulted off the top and lay on the ground, unmoving.
    "DAMMIT. MORE BANDITS. BYZANTINE, THERESA, GET ROB AND BOB OUT OF THE KILLZONE. EVERYONE ELSE, GET INTO POSITION. I'LL GO AROUND AND ATTACK FROM THEIR REAR. AS SOON AS ONE OF THE BANDITS FALL, BEGIN THE ATTACK."
    "Gotcha!" they all returned in unison, even little Kim.
    As the bandits approached, they got over their loudspeaker.
    "Hello, worthless scum. I am Joey, the almighty leader of The Bloodread Dragon's 2nd Battalion. We're here to take all your stuff! That is, or your lives will make a nice payment. So, what'll it be?"
    About when he finished, I yelled out from behind, shotbow ready, "Neither!!" and fired into the bandit leader's second in command. He was hit square in the forehead, and went down easily. That was the signal for the rest of my group to fire, they did. Oh boy they did. The amount of arrows fired nearly blot out the sun. Another bandit went down, and the rest ducked behind trees. Those that did faced my angry shotbow, and it was ready to whoop some ass. It was two against one, up until Byzantine came and put his sword on the lead bandit's throat. "Any last words, asshole?"
    "Yeah, you were a worth opp--."
    Before he could finish, his head was on the ground, rolling around and his body started flailing around like, well, a chicken with his head cut off. The rest of his group surrendered, so we stripped them of their gear and tied them to the top of the Silo, as tribute to Rob and Bob's perch's demise. Under them, we hung the head of the dead leader and wrote in his blood, "This is what happens to Bandits and Assholes." Fortunately, no-one had yet died, but Rob and Bob had gone into shock. We ground up some apples and fed them the mush, and carried their bodies into the farmhouse. When they woke up, we quickly repacked our things and headed out. To where, I didn't know, other than the settlement. But for now, we were just walking along the coast. At the Carnival, we encountered a new type of zombie: The Clown. It was the loudest zed for 30 miles, and as such could summon a crowd of the undead. We quickly dispatched the zombie and quickly scavenged for more supplies. We didn't find much, other than healing supplies, so we moved onto the next Coastal stop: Stillwater.
    [/spoiler]

[spoiler=Chapter 9: Black Water]
    We arrived at Stillwater, anxious as to see if anyone was there. I huddled everyone inside a house and then checked the town for inhabitants.
    "Clear!" I yelled. That was when we scavenged the town. It looked as if it had been abandoned for a couple months, even though the last transmission I heard was from a couple days ago. It was a distress call, but no-one was here... Anyways, we managed to find a couple iron swords, a few grenades, and farmed the wheat. Then we set off to Yongton. I had an old friend of mine, going by Pancake, his codename, and I wondered if he was still alive. When we arrived at Yongton, we saw no signs of life, other than the grass and the zeds milling about. We dispatched them quickly and scavenged some more. We found some Iron Armor, so we had some of the less equipped survivors wear the new found suits. Overall, we were ready for nearly anything. I told everyone to rest up for the night and stationed Rob and Bob as sentries. While everyone was sleeping, I made a call to Pancake's radio.
    "Pancake, you there?"
    "Wade....you.....Settlement.....now......"
    The rest was unintelligible static. I knew my mission now. We needed to reach the settlement.
    [/spoiler]

[spoiler=Chapter 10: The Settlement]
    The next morning, I told everyone of the radio message and the urgency of our mission. They objected at first, but once I told them what I remembered about the settlement, they agreed it was better than the Agni-forsaken towns that they were holing up in. We left Yongton, heading North-West until we saw a fort in the distance. It looked like it was almost completed, but something got in the way. I told me group to wait there, and snuck up closer to get a better look. Inside, I saw Pancake's body tied to the town board, much like we had done to the bandits back at the farm. I saw some men in Iron armor whipping around a group of women and children, with the men in what looked like a makeshift cow-pen. I quickly formulated my plan and shared it with the group. I told Rob, Bob, Theresa, and Byzantine to come with me, and for the rest to guard the rear. We suck around the Fort and got into position and waited until I thought the timing was right.
    "Fire." I told me squad. Four bandits went down, and I picked off the rest with my trusty Shotbow.
    "Hello. I am Wade "Gir-don" Freeman of Alpha Squad. Who are, or were you?"
    A man spoke up from the crowd.
    "We're part of this guy who calls, or shall I say, called himself Pancake's settlement. Seeing that he's dead, we need a new leader. You interested?"
    "Nah, I can run a small squad, but not an entire city. My friend Byzantine though, damn. I once saw him play an entire game of chess with the Commander once and never loose a pawn. One hell of a thinker, and a pretty loyal man too. You'll be fine with him in charge."
    "So, does that mean your gonna leave now?"
    "Well, do you guys need anything?"
    "Yeah. We're running low on stone, wood, iron, and food. The next harvest should come in soon, but otherwise we're too weak to fight. Could you get us what we need?"
    "Sure. As long as Byzantine can run the settlement."
    "Deal. Now, can we have the Bandits' stuff?"
    "Be my guest, though I am truly the guest around here. Also, I'd like to introduce you to my group."
    We exchanged pleasantries with the settlement people, who seemed like a pretty nice bunch. They welcomed in the rest of my group in exchange for my services. I was about to say goodbye when a nerdy looking guy burst out of a tower.
    "Barns, we just got a distress call from the old Observatory near the opposite coast. Guy by the name of James. 27 years old and running out of food and arrows. I'd normally recommend sending a team to get him, but at the moment its too risky."
    "Hey Girdon? Could you do us a favor?"
    "Sure" I answered.
    "We need you to go get a guy..."
    "Yeah, I heard. Sundawn, running low on food, etc."
    "Please? We need more manpower since ours was just halved."
    "I'll do it, but mostly because it's what Pancake would have done."
    With that, I departed. Almost, that is.
    "Wait!" said Theresa.
    "Whatcha need?"
    "Wade, I wanna come with you."
    "Alright. I could use some company. You know how to bandage?"
    "Yeah. Byzantine showed me in case he was ever incapacitated."
    "Figures. He's a smart man."
    "So, where we headed?"
    "To Sundawn, Theresa. We gotta save a poor bastards ass from becoming a poor bastard's zombie ass."
    We traveled for a while, staying away from the coast. That is, until we came to Camp Bell....
    [/spoiler]

If you need to take a break, now's the time to do it. I'm sorry for writing such a long book, but I wanted to get as much as I could done before getting into the Main Story. Thanks for getting this far, and please continue reading!

Link to Book 1:
    http://shotbow.net/forum/threads/10978/
    Link to Book 1 Part 2:
    http://shotbow.net/forum/threads/10975/

Link to Book 2:
    http://shotbow.net/forum/threads/10972/

Link to Book 3:
    http://shotbow.net/forum/threads/9814/

Links to Sub-Books and Links Thread:
    http://shotbow.net/forum/threads/10966/

2. Ciphon Silver

XP:
    91,098xp
    you really didn't need to make so many threads, dear god.
  3. wade654 Regular Member

XP:
    23,675xp
    I'm sorry that I had to do that, but the story wouldn't fit in the character limit. I don't know why it wouldn't, but it didn't fit, so I had to divide it up. Tbh, it would be a lot easier for me to put all the stories in one thread.
  4. Ciphon Silver

XP:
    91,098xp
    There is still a limit? I thought it got removed awhile ago.
  5. wade654 Regular Member

XP:
    23,675xp
    Nope, its a large limit, so you won't be approaching it anytime soon. However, my story was a 70+ paged Word document, so I somehow managed to out-do the limit.

BTW: Your story is epic.
  6. Ciphon Silver

XP:
    91,098xp
    OIC, well then....

And ty, I'll try to read your story sooner or later; I've been really busy lately though :stuck_out_tongue:
    wade654 likes this.