1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Thank you Shotbow, and Farewell

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by notswipe, Sep 10, 2017.

Thank you Shotbow, and Farewell
  1. hiddenbun Retired Staff

XP:
    569xp
    hey guys, it's breth/guard1an/swipe!

warning: this post is super long haha

most of you probably dont know me, and dont care, that's aight. you can laugh and joke at this thread all you want, it's all good. this is my final farewell after over 4 years, countless memories, friendships, and connections made here on this network. please note, I will still be around and with folks every now and then, but for the most part I'm gone.

let me share a story of my times here:

I first heard about Shotbow near the end of my sixth grade (April 2013) from a friend who introduced me to SeaNanner's awesome series on Wasted. He and I decided to join in, and I was amazed by the sheer number of people on the server playing with each other. Every day after school and sports practices we would rush home and play together, getting other friends to join in and forming our squad. I eventually discovered the forums while I was registering to get XP. I was amazed at the shoutbox, filled with all kinds of people hanging out and just having fun talking to each other. Me, having been a relatively shy and quiet middle schooler, saw this as an opportunity to open up to people and find new friends.

I would spend my nights up late talking on the Shoutbox, bursting out laughing in my room and always striving to complete a chat wall (however I would always be stopped by admins... I'm looking at you Aoife huahua!) eventually, I hosted Shotbow's first ever pokemon showdown tournament, which was an absolute blast. I was always amazed by the people who loved the community just as much as I did, and worked with me to help host that tournament. XiantheMiguel, timtra22, AlecJames, camo3333, MintKirby, just a few names of people who helped in that.

It wasn't long until the Annihilation beta came out, which was the absolute coolest thing in the world for me at the time. Everyone was going crazy, and that's when Shotbow numbers had gone through the roof. I stayed up late playing multiple games with my new-found friends, learning cool new strategies for offense and defense, and just talking and making jokes with the other players in the in-game chat. At this time, I joined Shotbow's mumble too, and loved hanging out and joining in the karaoke parties! AlecJames has a sexy voice, you heard it here :lmao:

Fast forward to around november 2013, when Rainbow_Dashi, a forum mod at the time, gifted me gold rank. Rainbow_Dashi, if you're reading this, you made me the happiest little kid in the world that day.

She asked me, "thebrethren3, which color do you like better, gold or silver?"
    "huahuahua gold, of course, it's way cooler"
    "How dare you! Silver is definitely superior! *siiigh* Nevertheless, check your rank."
    "wait what?!!!"

I GENUINELY LIKE THE COLOR GOLD BETTER THAN SILVER! but I'll never forget that kindness. Looking back, it's what I saw as the real reason why I loved Shotbow so much, the community and friends I made. So many people, so many laughs, so many awesome memories... we were all giving our time to each other. That's what made Shotbow Shotbow.

I continued to play throughout middle school, however in December 2013 my parents were worried that I was spending too much time talking to strangers (which was totally valid from their standpoint) and asked me if I could not spend time on Shotbow anymore, fearing for my safety. I understood where they were coming from, and respected their request. So I took a break from Shotbow for a good while, checking in every now and then but for the most part focusing on real life, my studies, sports, and God.

In 2016, I was looking for an outlet from all the high school stress, so I logged back in to Shotbow once more searching for the friends I had made. The games just weren't that fun, though, because the community I was with back in 2013 wasn't there anymore. They had moved on, kind of like I had for a while. I was sad finding out the state of Shotbow then, and wanted to help bring Shotbow back to its forefront server status. I wanted people to have the same awesome experience I had when I was in their position. I started writing posts, hanging out, making a clan. But, eventually I became very cynical of the server, and sad to have lost touch with many of the friends I made, so I didn't go on that frequently anymore. Still, I made new friends! WobbleWalrus, hit me up! RunningKing, thanks for dealing with my silliness haha! Lineage friends, farvo, alex, ryan, guiga, meme, even pitt. thanks.

Be it the changing state of minecraft or server management or whatever, I no longer had that sense of glee when logging onto Shotbow like I had in 2013. However, that is not what this post is for, this post is for me acknowleding, celebrating, and remembering.

Shotbow really opened me up to people, and gave me social skills and the ability to reach out to people that I would have never done before. I still talk to some of my friends I've met from here. I want to thank you, staff, community, network, for giving me this opportunity and allowing people like me to have genuine fun playing on this server.

Past all the criticism, past all the toxicity, even if all our money donated wasn't really used to support solely the network, I thank you Shotbow for the way you have impacted my life. As I now go off to adulting, college apps, pursuing military academies, relationships, sports recruitments, real life stuff, I see this time spent here as a truly shaping and molding part of me. Before I go off for good, if any of you guys that I've met want to talk or anything, hit me up on discord:

Swipe#4566

thanks for reading

OG oldies, I'm looking at you: Fluffehkinz, TheFlurp, xXxIceFirexXx, devan10100, ChrisWoW, docterblog, Incredible_PvP, RonyRulesAll, Rainbow_Dashi, DigitalRemix, Bakubagel, Razi, pen_dragon, CoastinJosh, AkatoshKnight, Humus, ultislasher1, Madzci, BlueToePolca, Joepphisme, viduong, KillaTrix, XiantheMiguel, Hughzaz, matjellison, NeontheSniper, QuarterTrout, Chibotle, Ole_Byzantine, Bracko64, apelsauce, randomguy0078, Simply_Ebin, GalaxxyWolf, Ultimatecy, pkim787, timtra22, Zoruea, CosmicZeta, ben_ballad, xIIMinerific, ZomBry, Ju1cy_0n3, Kabagel, MintKirby9, and SOOOOO MANY OTHERS! :) hope to talk to you guys soon.

2. NotInRange Regular Member

XP:
    407,765xp
    you forgot me
  3. _RunningKing_ Platinum

XP:
    104,039xp

[IMG]
  4. AveryBat Platinum

XP:
    1,289,652xp
  5. LegendaryAlex Platinum

XP:
    449,178xp
    :( I will miss u buddy :( sigh
  6. Radioactive_Ryan Gold

XP:
    378,645xp
    GL with life my dude
  7. jinl3e Platinum

XP:
    49,036xp
    i didn't get to know you that well but i will miss you ;( why didn't u add me to the list
  8. AkatoshKnight Gold

XP:
    96,337xp
    : (

edit: yo im acc sad i never got into voice chat that often/at all with you and most of the 2013 people ;w; one day i will hear your voice :<
  9. DutchBartje Emerald

XP:
    502,680xp
    Hello Swipe,

Your 'Shotbow experience' was very intriguing to read. I never really got to know you that well. I know we've talked in the chat here and there, but never really played together or anything like that. It's very fun to read stories like these to get that feeling back, all those memories. I have also pretty much moved on. I am playing other games now, besides my college.

From late nights and intense Annihilation games to one game a month. I often read the forums to see where Shotbow is headed. I have seen a few posts with my name in it, one from vampire_toothy. I never got the chance to really thank him for the kind words. I love to help people and I think that showing respect, helping people is a lot better than popularity.

Back in 2016, most of my friends who I played with left Shotbow, so I usually played Solo and tried to get people in the Shotbow Teamspeak. I have been part of numerous clans, clan wars, and so many other amazing things. Clans that argued about how often they beat each other. I have had a lot of fun with Phoenix, a little bit of TDO, Oblivion, TBC, Hulk, TvT and Team Chaos. I might forget about some clans, but that were basically the most popular ones. Some of them didn't mutually like each other, but they all liked to play a good game of Annihilation.

There are so many people that I loved playing with but left within a blink of an eye. I would list them all, but in the end. I loved playing with most of the Shotbow players.

Thanks Shotbow, good luck in the future! I might come around so now and then to see what changed.
  10. matjellison Regular Member

XP:
    34,575xp
    Laters bro! Hope you do well in the future :heart:
  11. hiddenbun Retired Staff

XP:
    569xp
  12. Goliac Gold

XP:
    318,847xp
    Little did i know about you. Bye ;(
  13. jinl3e Platinum